PDA

View Full Version : Miss America Dumps Bathing Suit Competition

rockgremlin
06-05-2018, 06:26 AM
Times are a changin'. The Miss America contest gets rid of the bathing suit portion of the competition.

Which is odd, considering that the Miss America competition began solely as a swimming suit competition in the first place. :ne_nau:

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46334642&nid=157&title=miss-america-eliminates-swimsuits-and-wont-judge-on-looks

twotimer
06-05-2018, 07:04 AM
Yeah...we're not allowed to lust over them. In the meantime I can go down to the local grocery store and there are boobs hangin' out all over the place. I was at the ballpark the other day and found it difficult to walk in a straight line.

These women are like the thoroughbreds of the female sex and it's too bad we can't see them half naked anymore. Oh well, they all kinda looked the same anyway, just different colored hair.

rockgremlin
06-05-2018, 07:31 AM
If you got it, flaunt it. But if anybody looks at anything but your eyes it's sexual harassment. :ne_nau:

Sombeech
06-05-2018, 10:26 AM
It's almost like it was a competition about physical appearance. Strange.

rockgremlin
06-05-2018, 10:34 AM
It's almost like it was a competition about physical appearance. Strange.

It still is. This is just a PR stunt fueled by the #Metoo movement.

They're never going to award contestants who are overweight and unattractive.

Iceaxe
06-05-2018, 05:04 PM
I have a serious question.... why is it ok to be smart but not ok to be pretty?

They replaced the swimsuit competition with a question and answer session, which means someone with intelligence has a huge advantage.

Honestly this is something that has really bothered me for a while. It's ok to use your brain in any situation to gain an advantage, but it's not ok to use your physical strength or beauty to defeat your adversary.

So we no longer have a Miss America Beauty Pageant. We now have a Miss America equality Pageant. I suppose every contestant will get a trophy.

oldno7
06-05-2018, 05:53 PM
So, Sara Sanders should easily win the next 10 years...

She can intelligently handle any question.

rockgremlin
06-06-2018, 06:50 AM
I have a serious question.... why is it ok to be smart but not ok to be pretty?

They replaced the swimsuit competition with a question and answer session, which means someone with intelligence has a huge advantage.

Honestly this is something that has really bothered me for a while. It's ok to use your brain in any situation to gain an advantage, but it's not ok to use your physical strength or beauty to defeat your adversary.

So we no longer have a Miss America Beauty Pageant. We now have a Miss America equality Pageant. I suppose every contestant will get a trophy.

I got into a heated discussion yesterday about this very thing. My wife applauds the movement to get rid of the looks portion of the pageant. But my stance was that it was just fine the way it was...a "looks" portion, a talent portion, and a Q & A portion. Why remove the "looks" portion? Why is it now considered shameful to be attractive?

Shouldn't the women who work hard working out and exercising be rewarded for their efforts? It's extremely difficult to sculpt a body to look the way they look. That should be recognized and appreciated - not shamed and disregarded.

jman
06-06-2018, 08:24 AM
I got into a heated discussion yesterday about this very thing. My wife applauds the movement to get rid of the looks portion of the pageant. But my stance was that it was just fine the way it was...a "looks" portion, a talent portion, and a Q & A portion. Why remove the "looks" portion? Why is it now considered shameful to be attractive?

Shouldn't the women who work hard working out and exercising be rewarded for their efforts? It's extremely difficult to sculpt a body to look the way they look. That should be recognized and appreciated - not shamed and disregarded.

I don’t mean to derail your comment as I think it’s a fair question to ask, but it did remind me of a culture shift I have been seeing on social media/social dating recently.

A LOT women now are saying on their profiles to “I will swipe left if you are shirtless or have too many gym pics.” Another girl said something similar to “I don’t care really how you look, I’m just looking for an attractive personality”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iceaxe
06-06-2018, 08:44 AM
A LOT women now are saying on their profiles to “I will swipe left if you are shirtless or have too many gym pics.” Another girl said something similar to “I don’t care really how you look, I’m just looking for an attractive personality”.

That's perfectly fair.... because I'd swipe left if you're a fat ass....

Anyhoo.... let me guess, none of the women posting such statements have an athletic physique. This kind of falls into the realm of "if you know you're going to get dumped, it's better to dump them first."

:roflol:

rockgremlin
06-06-2018, 10:25 AM
“I don’t care really how you look, I’m just looking for an attractive personality”.

I call bullshit on this. So, according to her she'd have no qualms with swiping right on mulletboy over here?

Yeah, right.

http://www.sickchirpse.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Worst-Hair-Cut-Ever-Terrible-Hair-Style-Mullet-2.jpg

oldno7
06-08-2018, 06:27 AM

accadacca
06-08-2018, 08:01 AM
I think in Utah they call women like this a “sweet spirit.”