PDA

View Full Version : Ever play Ward ball?

Iceaxe
05-01-2018, 03:01 PM
Anyone else here ever play Ward ball? Without doubt the roughest and most violent organized sports I ever played.

Heavy hit during church game leads to child abuse charge

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=46311746&nid=960

rockgremlin
05-01-2018, 03:21 PM
The comment section in articles like this never disappoint.

uintafly
05-01-2018, 03:57 PM
I used to work with the perp. I didn't know him too well, but from what I knew this doesn't really surprise me. How do you break it to your wife that you have been arrested for hurting a kid?

DirkHammergate
05-01-2018, 07:27 PM
Anyone else here ever play Ward ball?

Nothing good comes out of ward ball. Well except when you're two best neighborhood friends are 2 years older and you've been playing street ball since you were 7. You "fellowship" them on to the team and I'd drop dimes (I have good handles), they'd just batter fools and nobody touches you for 3 years. I love me some Catholics from San Hoe. We'd wupp up on all sorts of teams older than us and the trash we'd talk.

This though, totally unacceptable but seems inevitable.

FYI - I can still shoot a 3 and take a punch like nobody's business.

rockgremlin
05-02-2018, 06:31 AM
How do you break it to your wife......

In his case with brass knuckles. Or maybe a folding chair.

accadacca
05-03-2018, 06:21 AM
The boy told police that Stettler said something to the effect of, "You can dish it out, but you can't take it," according to the charges.

devo_stevo
05-03-2018, 07:40 AM
Yeah, that's what the KSL story said. I've been a scoutmaster before (and those kids were insane, and drove me nuts) and I've spent several years serving as a young men's leader in the church. I've also got a 13 year old son who can be extremely obnoxious when he wants to be. There were times when they all deserved to be taken out, but I can't even imagine actually doing it to them. It takes a special kind of person to drop a shoulder and plow down a 13 year old kid.

Sombeech
05-03-2018, 07:54 AM
Not all heroes wear capes

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

qedcook
05-03-2018, 08:21 AM
Not all heroes wear capes

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

LOL, I shouldn't be laughing, but...