PDA

View Full Version : Your NETFLIX Queue

rockgremlin
04-18-2018, 08:33 AM
The following are shows that I have watched in the past, or are watching now. All of these I found worth watching, and recommend. Some seem weird or quirky on the surface, but actually turned out to be surprisingly good.

The bolded shows deserve a 10/10 rating.

1. The Fall
2. House of Cards - (A classic - Spacey might be a moral delinquent, but he's still a genius actor)
3. Anne with an E - (Excellent family episodic version of Anne of Green Gables)
4. Glow - (Dicey at times, but surprisingly good)
5. Bloodline - Excellent Series, Don't miss this.
6. The Push
7. Bernie
8. 1922
9. Flaked
10. Mindhunter - (Don't miss out on this period piece that's based in the 70's, based on true events)
11. The End of the F***ing World
12. The Gift
13. The Crown - (Easily in the top 3 best Netflix produced shows)
14. Ozark - (Jason Bateman's spin on the Breaking Bad theme. It's quite good)
15. American Crime - (Same actors, three different stories. This one's also quite good)
16. Orange is the New Black - (A classic. I know - go ahead and throw your stones. I like it :mrgreen:)
17. Polka King
18. Alias Grace
19. The Frankenstein Chronicles - (Slow at first, but picks up momentum)
20. Mad Men - (Another classic. Don't miss)
21. Nurse Jackie - (Surprisingly excellent. Edie Falco is solid in this role)
22. Breaking Bad - (If you haven't seen this shame on you. You need to re-think your priorities)
23. Forensic Files - (I could binge watch these for days. In fact, I did)
24. Black Mirror - (2000's spin on the Twilight Zone. Is excellent)
25. Santa Clarita Diet - (Drew Barrymore and Tim Olyphant are brilliant in this over the top dark comedy)
26. Better Call Saul - (Another classic that everyone should see)
27. Arrested Development
28. Godless
29. Wild, Wild Country - (I can't believe this ever happened here in America. Crazy)
30. Mudbound
31. Planet Earth 2

tallsteve
04-18-2018, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. We just started watching the Netflix series reboot, "Lost In Space", over the weekend. I'm liking it.

rockgremlin
04-18-2018, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. We just started watching the Netflix series reboot, "Lost In Space", over the weekend. I'm liking it.

"Lost in Space" --- I think you're referring to the Political Forum...

Iceaxe
04-18-2018, 09:35 AM
My wife and her female friends watch Netflix while they sit around painting their toenails and drinking fruity cocktails.

rockgremlin
04-18-2018, 09:41 AM
My wife and her female friends watch Netflix while they sit around painting their toenails and drinking fruity cocktails.

I just finished streaming season 1. Without a doubt one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. It's certainly not for everyone but if your sense of humor is seriously warped you'll love it.

Brockmire https://g.co/kgs/RAUiZx

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?77983-Brockmire

<AHEM>

You were saying.....?

Iceaxe
04-18-2018, 10:40 AM
http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?77983-Brockmire

<AHEM>

You were saying.....?

That's 2 hours worth of TV, not a solid six monthes.... Also Brockmire is a manly show more along the lines of Blue Mountain State.

***pounds chest, grunts, scratches balls***

I do have the new Lost in Space on my to watch list, or at least the first couple episodes to see how it is. I was a big Lost in Space fan as a little kid. I was five when the original came out and it was right in the middle of the USA/USSR space race when the USA was kicking ass and taking names.

http://cimg.tvgcdn.net/i/r/2015/11/21/4ed2e300-08f2-47e3-b92e-d95bb1c006c7/resize/900x600/654ab617df878f7c12160b634c0e9168/151120-lost-in-space.jpg

rockgremlin
04-18-2018, 10:44 AM
^^^BTW, my list is comprised of 2 years worth of Netflix viewing...not a couple of months.

oldno7
04-18-2018, 10:52 AM
I don't see "Hell on Wheels"

List is extremely lacking without.

Iceaxe
04-18-2018, 10:55 AM
I don't see "Hell on Wheels"

List is extremely lacking without.

Also missing is "The Wire", which is probably the only series I liked more than Breaking Bad.

I already know that Rockgremlin and I don't share the same taste in TV, nothing wrong with that, other then I know not to put much personal stock in his Bogley recommendations.

I find it best to find someone that has the same recommendations I have and see what other series they enjoy. YMMV

And Hell on Wheels was good. :2thumbs:

tallsteve
04-18-2018, 11:08 AM
I do have the new Lost in Space on my to watch list, or at least the first couple episodes to see how it is. I was a big Lost in Space fan as a little kid. I was five when the original came out and it was right in the middle of the USA/USSR space race when the USA was kicking ass and taking names.

http://cimg.tvgcdn.net/i/r/2015/11/21/4ed2e300-08f2-47e3-b92e-d95bb1c006c7/resize/900x600/654ab617df878f7c12160b634c0e9168/151120-lost-in-space.jpg

Yeah, back then it was a great show and we watched it religiously. I'm sure if I watched an episode now it would be really dumb (watch Dr. Smith get the crew in a troubled situation. Watch how the crew get themselves out of that troubled situation). I hated the 1998 movie remake. So far, I'm finding the redo intriguing, especially the "robot" backstory and Parker Posey as Dr. Smith has been a nice surprise (wasn't sure what to make of that casting decision going in). Special effects are pretty good and the acting, from the kids especially, is stellar. We've only watched the first 2 episodes though so we'll see.

rockgremlin
04-18-2018, 11:55 AM
Also missing is "The Wire", which is probably the only series I liked more than Breaking Bad.

I already know that Rockgremlin and I don't share the same taste in TV, nothing wrong with that, other then I know not to put much personal stock in his Bogley recommendations.

I find it best to find someone that has the same recommendations I have and see what other series they enjoy. YMMV

And Hell on Wheels was good. :2thumbs:

Yeah, The Wire --- That's one show I have yet to watch. Always heard good things about it. Unfortunately, it is currently unavailable through Netflix.

As you've probably gleaned, I don't much care for the Sci-Fi genre. No judgements...it just has never appealed to me.

I really get into the suspense/thriller genre, and I appreciate a show that makes me guess how it ends -- which is why I love shows like Breaking Bad, The Usual Suspects, and The Game.

devo_stevo
04-18-2018, 12:52 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed Lemony Snickett's Series of Unfortunate Events. It's a bit formulaic and predictable, but it's just strange enough and the acting and writing are great.

Iceaxe
04-18-2018, 01:51 PM
I really get into the suspense/thriller genre,

Yeah... we call those chick flicks..... :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Just yankin' your chain.... :haha:

rockgremlin
04-18-2018, 04:08 PM
Yeah... we call those chick flicks..... :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Just yankin' your chain.... :haha:

Wat!! No way...:haha:

There's a few decent ones out there. Off the top of my head: The Babadook, The Gift, and Open House aren't bad for a jumpscare. Open House is kinda sadistic, with an unexpected ending.

double moo
04-18-2018, 08:36 PM
No list of Netflix is complete without Altered Carbon... Looking forward to season 2 (sometime in about a year...)

Sombeech
04-18-2018, 08:40 PM
I downloaded the 10 episodes of the new Lost In Space. I got through 2 of them and that bullshit teenage daughter drama attitude drove me up the wall. I just skipped to the 10th episode. I was really looking forward to it, maybe I'll give it another chance, but I go crazy when they throw those staple teenage drama "OMG Mom" moments in. Meh, maybe another time.

tallsteve
04-19-2018, 06:59 AM
I downloaded the 10 episodes of the new Lost In Space. I got through 2 of them and that bullshit teenage daughter drama attitude drove me up the wall. I just skipped to the 10th episode. I was really looking forward to it, maybe I'll give it another chance, but I go crazy when they throw those staple teenage drama "OMG Mom" moments in. Meh, maybe another time.

Just wait until your daughter hits the teenage years, then you'll understand! :roflol:

tallsteve
08-08-2018, 09:43 AM
We just binge-watched the Amazon series, "Absentia". Really, really good. Kept us guessing right to the end. Anyone else seen it?

rockgremlin
08-08-2018, 10:06 AM
We just binge-watched the Amazon series, "Absentia". Really, really good. Kept us guessing right to the end. Anyone else seen it?

Nope, but I'll have to check it out.

Another decent one on Amazon is "Sneaky Pete" with Giovanni Ribisi and Bryan Cranston.

accadacca
08-08-2018, 04:42 PM
You guys are all speaking french to me. I've never been a sitcom watcher or person that can watch shows religiously. I'm just a sports guy mostly or history channel and discovery channel guy.

I've been watching a show called Forged in Fire where Blacksmith contestants make knives, swords axes and other weapons. I'm almost caught up to the current 5th season. These shows are driving my wife crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPDyRiQlurQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqgRHG62AME

rockgremlin
08-09-2018, 07:38 AM
You guys are all speaking french to me. I've never been a sitcom watcher or person that can watch shows religiously. I'm just a sports guy mostly or history channel and discovery channel guy.

I've been watching a show called Forged in Fire where Blacksmith contestants make knives, swords axes and other weapons. I'm almost caught up to the current 5th season. These shows are driving my wife crazy.

They have stuff like that on Netflix too. You might like one called "The Great British Baking Show."

I could also see you liking "The Gilmore Girls".

Iceaxe
01-05-2019, 02:54 AM
So I watched The Bird Box... what a complete waste of two hours. Talk about a show with plot holes you could drive a semi truck through.

The show is a total chick flick so your wife/GF can gush over what a great actress Sandra Bullock is.

Also watched Narco Mexico... now that's a great series. In addition to the fact that you will actually learn something as the series is based on real events.

rockgremlin
01-05-2019, 11:08 AM
^^^ Finally something NETFLIX related that we can both agree on.

I binge watched all three seasons of Narcos, and was delighted when Narcos Mexico came out. They're both done by the same folks, and they are extremely well done. I like how they were so detail oriented. They even got the same outfit that Pablo Escobar was wearing when he was shot - and they filmed that scene on the same rooftop in the same spot Escobar was was killed. Very educational, and very entertaining. I really hope Narcos Mexico goes three seasons as well (I'm on episode four atm).

gholt
01-05-2019, 11:23 AM
I've watched the narco series and on 2 or 3 of Mexico. Love how it is mostly Spanish with subtitles rather than English. You get used to watching good shows with subtitles.

Great series.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

uintafly
01-08-2019, 08:01 AM
They were on Prime, but we liked Jack Ryan and The Night Manager. We thought Homecoming with Julia Roberts sucked though.

Also, if you haven't seen The Wire, it was probably my favorite series ever.

rockgremlin
01-08-2019, 08:33 AM
Also, if you haven't seen The Wire, it was probably my favorite series ever.

Better than Breaking Bad? I have to concur with the massive amount of critical acclaim that BB got during its 5 season run. It really is worthy of all of the hype.

Gotta admit I've never seen the Wire, and I'd like to, but I can't find it on any viewing platform. Is it available on Amazon?

Iceaxe
01-08-2019, 10:41 AM
I'd rate The Wire above Breaking Bad. Breaking Bad occasionally went off the rails and deteriorated near the end of its run, Similar to the Sapranos. But I loved all three series. YMMV

rockgremlin
01-08-2019, 11:56 AM
Breaking Bad occasionally went off the rails and deteriorated near the end of its run

Hmmm never heard that take before. What makes you say that? What specifically turned you off? Just wondering....

I can't get my inlaws to watch Breaking Bad because they claim "it's too long" (they like 1 season shows, not 5 season shows) :roll::roll:, and that it "glorifies drug use." :roll::roll: Again...if you think Breaking Bad glorifies drug use you must not have watched it because almost all of the main characters lives were ruined, and several wound up dead. I can't see how that is a glorification.

uintafly
01-08-2019, 12:20 PM
Better than Breaking Bad? I have to concur with the massive amount of critical acclaim that BB got during its 5 season run. It really is worthy of all of the hype.

Gotta admit I've never seen the Wire, and I'd like to, but I can't find it on any viewing platform. Is it available on Amazon?

Should be on Prime through their HBO partnership. If it isn't there though, you'd have to get HBO. Then you can catch up on Game of Thrones, and most importantly Curb Your Enthusiasm.

I think The Wire is just slightly better than BB was, but probably just comes down to personal preference. They both are great imo.

Iceaxe
01-08-2019, 12:34 PM
Hmmm never heard that take before. What makes you say that? What specifically turned you off? Just wondering....

The wife.

And The Wire is on Amazon Prime.

Climb-Utah.com

rockgremlin
01-08-2019, 02:10 PM
Well if you enjoyed Narcos: Mexico, then here's some good news:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/narcos-mexico-renewed-netflix-1160463

It's inevitable -- they still have to document the fame of El Chapo, and season one didn't even touch on that.

Iceaxe
01-08-2019, 02:33 PM
Well if you enjoyed Narcos: Mexico, then here's some good news:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/narcos-mexico-renewed-netflix-1160463

It's inevitable -- they still have to document the fame of El Chapo, and season one didn't even touch on that.

Yeah, they won't hit El Chapo until season 3 as they are only halfway through Gallardo's reign at the top.

I'm thinking they will make 4 season's of Narcos: Mexico. The first two covering Gallardo and the second two cover El Chapo.

rockgremlin
01-08-2019, 03:05 PM
Yeah, they won't hit El Chapo until season 3 as they are only halfway through Gallardo's reign at the top.

I'm thinking they will make 4 season's of Narcos: Mexico. The first two covering Gallardo and the second two cover El Chapo.

Season 5 deals with paying for the construction of Trump's wall...

Sombeech
01-08-2019, 03:09 PM
I think I've tried twice to get into the Wire series but I just couldn't. Maybe I'll give it another try. I keep hearing about it.

BruteForce
01-08-2019, 04:55 PM
Tudors
Frontier
The Ranch
The Crown
The Last Kingdom (My FAV!)
Hell on Wheels (wish it would start up again!)
The Last Castle (ho-hum)
Just starting The Wolf

Sandstone Addiction
01-09-2019, 07:04 AM
If you like mountaineering documentaries, check out Meru.

devo_stevo
01-09-2019, 07:16 AM
Season 3 of A Series of Unfortunate Events is on Netflix as of this morning.

I loved the first two seasons. I'm through the first episode of this one, and so far it's good.

gholt
01-09-2019, 08:47 AM
If you like mountaineering documentaries, check out Meru.I don't rock climb, bay can appreciate the skill. Awesome movie. Jimmy chin is amazing.

devo_stevo
01-09-2019, 12:37 PM
I haven't watched Narco, but I have watched this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eKdNcP4xrM

tallsteve
01-15-2019, 08:14 AM
Has anyone else watched the new BBC series "Bodyguard"? I watched the first episode yesterday. Intense!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLfLU6-9lxY

Watch this full sniper scene. Really intense.

https://www.msn.com/fr-be/video/sport/the-sniper-scene-that-shocked-fans-bodyguard-bbc/vp-BBNmhQQ

rockgremlin
01-15-2019, 08:57 AM
^^^Yeah I watched The Bodyguard. It's really good. The ending will bitch-slap you. I don't think anyone saw the ending coming, it's really quite a twist. On par with "The Game" and "The Usual Suspects."

8.5/10

Sandstone Addiction
02-13-2019, 06:33 PM
The funniest movie of all time now on Netflix:

Monte Python and the Holy Grail

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

gholt
02-13-2019, 07:29 PM
The funniest movie of all time now on Netflix:

Monte Python and the Holy Grail

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using TapatalkYour mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries.

tallsteve
02-14-2019, 07:40 AM
"White Dragon" on Amazon. I'm really liking this mystery series set in Hong Kong. I drive my wife crazy because I can usually figure out who done it way early on. This one is keeping me guessing. There are a lot of strands in the web. I know they all lead to the center of the web but, I just can't see how yet.

rockgremlin
02-14-2019, 07:59 AM
I'd rate The Wire above Breaking Bad. Breaking Bad occasionally went off the rails and deteriorated near the end of its run, Similar to the Sapranos. But I loved all three series. YMMV

So ummm...does "The Wire" ever get interesting? I've watched the first three episodes on Amazon Prime, and I gotta admit it's been a huge letdown. So far, it's basically just NYPD Blue but with every iteration of the F-word thrown into every single sentence. It seems like it's trying so hard to look gritty and raw, but in reality it's just another 2000's cop show.

Seriously, isn't "The Wire" just a remake of "Homicide: Life on the Street?" Booooooooooooring......... :sleeping:

Tell me when/if it actually does something unique and different, or if it's just gonna be a hardcore version of Hill Street Blues.

This is why I believe Breaking Bad is better -- because it had a unique formula and wasn't just one dimensional.

Sombeech
02-14-2019, 09:54 AM
So ummm...does "The Wire" ever get interesting? I've watched the first three episodes on Amazon Prime, and I gotta admit it's been a huge letdown.

That's as far as I went too, twice.

rockgremlin
02-14-2019, 10:11 AM
That's as far as I went too, twice.

I just don't understand all of the hype it has gotten. It's basically just Miami Vice or NYPD Blue. Tell me I'm wrong. Definitely NOT groundbreaking material.

Sombeech
02-14-2019, 10:35 AM
https://pics.me.me/season-1-season-3-season-9-40885866.png

Iceaxe
02-14-2019, 10:44 AM
I just don't understand all of the hype it has gotten. It's basically just Miami Vice or NYPD Blue. Tell me I'm wrong. Definitely NOT groundbreaking material.

You obviously don't get it and probably never will... I suggest you move along to something else.

I discover long ago that Rockgremlin and I are 180 degrees on what's a good show. Nothing wrong with that...

rockgremlin
02-14-2019, 12:07 PM
You obviously don't get it and probably never will... I suggest you move along to something else.

I discover long ago that Rockgremlin and I are 180 degrees on what's a good show. Nothing wrong with that...

:roll: What....so NYPD Blue is just that good?

Is it just 5 seasons of cops chasing drug dealers through Baltimore? What's the appeal? Are there plot twists? Do they develop characters beyond just banal stereotypes? I'm really trying to understand why it has received so much critical acclaim. Give me a better reason beyond just "you'll never get it." Give me a reason to watch episode 4, cuz right now I'm about ready to file this into the "C.S.I. & NYPD Blue" folder.

But then again...Twin Peaks was considered groundbreaking and that show is a bona fide turd.

uintafly
02-14-2019, 01:45 PM

Yeah, he probably hates Brockmire too. I saw Spongebob is on Prime now, maybe he would be happier with that.

Did anyone watch Fyre? The doc about the Fyre Festival? Great doc and proof that there is a sucker born every day. Lord have mercy people are stupid.

Just started watching The Expanse on Prime as well. So far pretty good. I read some of the books a few years ago and I remember getting bored but you should check it out.

rockgremlin
02-14-2019, 02:57 PM
Yeah, he probably hates Brockmire too. I saw Spongebob is on Prime now, maybe he would be happier with that..

Anything's better than The Wire...except for Twin Peaks maybe.

Iceaxe
02-14-2019, 03:00 PM
Yeah, he probably hates Brockmire too.

Brockmire is pure comedy gold... and yes, Rockgremlin would probably hate it.

rockgremlin
02-14-2019, 03:03 PM
Actually I watched Brockmire and quite enjoyed it. Ice plugged it a while back and that's when I looked into it. :fitz:

Iceaxe
02-14-2019, 03:05 PM
:roll: What....so NYPD Blue is just that good?

The fact that you equate The Wire to NYPD Blues tells me you don't get it.

And Breaking Bad is just another Monday night of watching Cops.

Dude... it's OK, we don't have to like the same shows.

Iceaxe
02-14-2019, 07:17 PM
Shameless!

Why is Shameless not on anyone's must watch list, it's a great series.

FWIW - I'm pretty sure they used my in laws as the model for that show. My kids sometimes call their mother Fiona when she is trying to rescue her brothers from going back to prison again... hahaha... I have to laugh otherwise it's just sad...

Iceaxe
02-15-2019, 08:12 AM
Rockgremlin have you watched Frankie and Grace?

My wife and her girlfriends always watch that series when they sit around painting their toenails and drinking females cocktails and you seem to have the same taste in shows.

uintafly
02-15-2019, 10:07 AM
Shameless!

Why is Shameless not on anyone's must watch list, it's a great series.

FWIW - I'm pretty sure they used my in laws as the model for that show. My kids sometimes call their mother Fiona when she is trying to rescue her brothers from going back to prison again... hahaha... I have to laugh otherwise it's just sad...

Yeah, that is another good one. William H, Macy kills it in that series.

We seem to like the same shows Ice. You ever watch Curb Your Enthusiasm? I think it is the funniest show ever.

Iceaxe
02-15-2019, 10:16 AM
I've never tried Curb Your Enthusiasm. I'll check it out if I get bored.

I discover a long time ago asking what's a good show is a waste of time. Better to find someone that likes the same shows you do and see what else is on their list and you have hit pay dirt.

rockgremlin
02-15-2019, 04:55 PM
Rockgremlin have you watched Frankie and Grace?

My wife and her girlfriends always watch that series when they sit around painting their toenails and drinking females cocktails and you seem to have the same taste in shows.

Yeah she mentioned this the last time she invited me over.

uintafly
02-15-2019, 05:16 PM

Well played sir.

Iceaxe
02-15-2019, 05:40 PM
That was you? Thanks for watching the 2nd season with her and painting her toe nails while I was out doing manly things....

rockgremlin
02-15-2019, 07:26 PM
That was you? Thanks for watching the 2nd season with her and painting her toe nails while I was out doing manly things....

She kept mentioning that if her husband paid as much attention to her as he did trolling on Bogley then she wouldn't need my "services."

She has nice feet, btw.

Iceaxe
02-15-2019, 07:35 PM
She kept mentioning that if her husband paid as much attention to her as he did trolling on Bogley then she wouldn't need my "services."

Oh yeah... I guess I should say thanks for staining the deck, raking up the leaves and cleaning the rain gutters...

I'll admit I'm terrible at honey-do's

Reedus
02-18-2019, 07:34 PM
Oh yeah... I guess I should say thanks for staining the deck, raking up the leaves and cleaning the rain gutters...

I'll admit I'm terrible at honey-do's

I was wondering what “cleaning the rain gutters” was code for 😂...

Iceaxe
02-18-2019, 08:26 PM
I was wondering what “cleaning the rain gutters” was code for [emoji23]...

You're welcome to stop by in a couple weeks and I'll have the hot young stripper wife show you what "weed the garden" is code for... you can even bring a friend ;-)

[emoji23]

devo_stevo
02-21-2019, 08:13 AM
So my daughter told me I should watch "The Umbrella Academy" on Netflix. The way she described it, I thought it sounded dumb, but I figured I'd give it a shot. I've watched the first two episodes and it actually pretty dang good. I'll keep going with it.

On a somewhat random, but related note, I'm wondering what the heck is going on with musicians nowadays. At the end of the second episode, they used a cover of INXS' incredibly awesome song "Never Tear Us Apart". It sucked. That song is timeless and it's always been a favorite. There's something about the way it's sung and that guitar riff after the pause...So good. That song is full of emotion and feeling. This version was lifeless and boring.

It seems to be a trend lately. My daughter was listening to spotify last night and aparently Walk The Moon did a cover of "Burning Down The House" by The Talking Heads. Again, it's boring and lifeless while the original is a timeless classic. It sucked so bad, but she thinks it's great. So disappointing.

Sorry, that's a real tangent, but it struck a nerve with me this morning and I had to get that out somewhere.

rockgremlin
02-21-2019, 09:40 AM
On a somewhat random, but related note, I'm wondering what the heck is going on with musicians nowadays. At the end of the second episode, they used a cover of INXS' incredibly awesome song "Never Tear Us Apart". It sucked. That song is timeless and it's always been a favorite. There's something about the way it's sung and that guitar riff after the pause...So good. That song is full of emotion and feeling. This version was lifeless and boring.

It seems to be a trend lately. My daughter was listening to spotify last night and aparently Walk The Moon did a cover of "Burning Down The House" by The Talking Heads. Again, it's boring and lifeless while the original is a timeless classic. It sucked so bad, but she thinks it's great. So disappointing.

Sorry, that's a real tangent, but it struck a nerve with me this morning and I had to get that out somewhere.

I think that's a generational thing. Every generation thinks the one that follows are a bunch of idiots, and nothing could ever be better than what existed in their generation. My parents think my generation are clueless kids, and I think the same of my own kids. Hence the refrain: "Remember the good ole' days....?"

devo_stevo
02-21-2019, 09:45 AM
That may be part of it. I don't know. I don't mind a great cover of a great song. There are a few of those out there. The two I mentioned here are just bad though. Oh well. I guess I'm just old.

rockgremlin
03-05-2019, 06:54 PM
So I FORCED myself through the first season of The Wire. Man it's slow moving. It really picks up around episodes 10 - 12. That's where I started to really get into it. I like it but it just takes so long to develop characters and move the plot along. Plus it's not necessarily an original idea. I mean how many cop shows are there, like 1000?

Anyway, I will say that the acting is outstanding. There's not a weak acting link in the chain. And I do really like the excruciating attention to detail.

Bummer about Wallace...I liked that character. :cry1:

Starting Season 2 tonight...

tallsteve
03-08-2019, 11:03 AM
We just finished "The Widow" on Amazon. An 8 episode series with Kate Beckinsale. She's good in it and, well, she's still hot! The supporting actors were excellent as well.

oldno7
03-08-2019, 12:39 PM
We started the Widow but still going through man in a high castle.

oldno7
03-08-2019, 12:40 PM
also caught the first episode of "Hanna"

Iceaxe
03-24-2019, 04:41 AM
"The Dirt" was released Friday on Netflix and I watched it Saturday night... I thought it was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

YMMV

https://youtu.be/-NOp5ROn1HE

rockgremlin
05-28-2019, 07:07 AM
LOVE, SEX, and ROBOTS

^^^^ If you're a fan of sci-fi, gratuitous nudity, gratuitous violence, and amazing computer animation you need to check this out.

There's 18 individual mini-stories, all animated, and all done by different folks. The animation is so good in some of them that it just looks like a film. But be warned -- this isn't something that you can sit the family down and watch together. It is rated TV-MA for a reason because much of it is very graphic with the sex and violence. I can't wait for the second release -- I binge watched almost all of the episodes in one sitting, and I don't even like sci-fi.

uintafly
05-28-2019, 08:11 AM
LOVE, SEX, and ROBOTS

^^^^ If you're a fan of sci-fi, gratuitous nudity, gratuitous violence, and amazing computer animation you need to check this out.

There's 18 individual mini-stories, all animated, and all done by different folks. The animation is so good in some of them that it just looks like a film. But be warned -- this isn't something that you can sit the family down and watch together. It is rated TV-MA for a reason because much of it is very graphic with the sex and violence. I can't wait for the second release -- I binge watched almost all of the episodes in one sitting, and I don't even like sci-fi.

So you're saying you dig cartoon sex huh? To each their own.

Iceaxe
05-28-2019, 08:24 AM
So now we know Rockgremlin's kink....

.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190528/d9b88056921e112262e562a7171f886b.jpg

rockgremlin
05-28-2019, 09:06 AM
So you're saying you dig cartoon sex huh?

Who doesn't? :naughty:

Sombeech
09-05-2019, 09:28 PM
I just downloaded the 2 seasons of Yellowstone with Kevin Costner, watching the first episode now. Anybody else watched it?

Sombeech
09-05-2019, 10:15 PM
I just downloaded the 2 seasons of Yellowstone with Kevin Costner, watching the first episode now. Anybody else watched it?

Alright, so far, still in the first episode, I keep watching the Indians say how all of the land was theirs before the US Gov't took it away. When even the Indians are convinced that their little tribe, among thousands of tribes in the area, that they were the original owners of this land clear from the Oregon coast all the way to the colonies in the East, they must be learning this from privileged white people. The thousands of Indian tribes that were scattered across the land from coast to coast were constantly warring with each other, taking and stealing land with bloodshed. They were in NO WAY a unified body of land ownership.

Now I'm half way through the first episode still and it's the white Montana natives that are trying to use the same argument, hating the "transplants". Retards.

I'll see if I can put up with it for a few more episodes, I thought I would like it with Kevin Costner.

BruteForce
09-06-2019, 04:07 AM
Alright, so far, still in the first episode, I keep watching the Indians say how all of the land was theirs before the US Gov't took it away. When even the Indians are convinced that their little tribe, among thousands of tribes in the area, that they were the original owners of this land clear from the Oregon coast all the way to the colonies in the East, they must be learning this from privileged white people. The thousands of Indian tribes that were scattered across the land from coast to coast were constantly warring with each other, taking and stealing land with bloodshed. They were in NO WAY a unified body of land ownership.

Now I'm half way through the first episode still and it's the white Montana natives that are trying to use the same argument, hating the "transplants". Retards.

I'll see if I can put up with it for a few more episodes, I thought I would like it with Kevin Costner.

It's a show. Don't read so much into it! <smh> I just watched the Season 2 ending and quite enjoy the series. I've now moved onto Star Trek Discovery, but I have to VPN via Italy to watch it. Discovered that series while in Europe, came home and found out Netflix blocks viewing from within the US!

Iceaxe
09-06-2019, 08:41 AM
FWIW - The Indians had no concept of land ownership when the white man came to the new world. It would be the same as if an alien showed up at your doorstep tomorrow and offered to trade you 2 new ebikes for all the air in Utah. You would probably say sure thing, take his ebikes, and laugh your ass off at screwing over the stupid alien... right up to the moment you suddenly could breathe. When I hear the story about whitey buying Manhattan island for a bunch of beads this is the scenario I think of. YMMV

Climb-Utah.com

BruteForce
09-08-2019, 05:49 AM
We just started streaming "Designated Survivor" starring Keifer Sutherland. Not too terrible, despite them injecting politics into the show. We're still in Season 1..

Iceaxe
02-13-2020, 08:34 PM
68 Whiskey is the best series I've seen since Breaking Bad. It's the first season and episode 5 was Wednesday. You can catch up using On Demand on DirecTV. I'm guessing it's also available elsewhere.... we will have to see if it can maintain its excellance... you're welcome.

Climb-Utah.com

rockgremlin
02-13-2020, 09:39 PM
68 Whiskey is the best series I've seen since Breaking Bad. It's the first season and episode 5 was Wednesday. You can catch up using On Demand on DirecTV. I'm guessing it's also available elsewhere.... we will have to see if it can maintain its excellance... you're welcome.

Climb-Utah.com

It's on Amazon Prime for two bucks per episode.

Viewership rates it 2/5 stars out of 35 ratings...

Iceaxe
02-14-2020, 04:35 AM
^^^That's because it's new and different. It also took several episodes to get rolling. But I'll tell you right up front that you will hate it so don't waste your time. If you don't get The Wire you will never get this.

FWIW - It's by Ron Howard and I don't think I've ever seen anything from him that I disliked.

Climb-Utah.com

rockgremlin
02-14-2020, 09:16 AM
[eye roll emoji] I liked The Wire. I watched every episode. I just didn't like it as much as Breaking Bad.

And I agree about Ron Howard.

Iceaxe
02-14-2020, 01:38 PM
[eye roll emoji] I liked The Wire. I watched every episode. I just didn't like it as much as Breaking Bad.

And I agree about Ron Howard.

So when did you change your tune about The Wire?!?

Last year you thought it was "boooooring"

Enquiring minds want to know...

So ummm...does "The Wire" ever get interesting? I've watched the first three episodes on Amazon Prime, and I gotta admit it's been a huge letdown. So far, it's basically just NYPD Blue but with every iteration of the F-word thrown into every single sentence. It seems like it's trying so hard to look gritty and raw, but in reality it's just another 2000's cop show.

Seriously, isn't "The Wire" just a remake of "Homicide: Life on the Street?" Booooooooooooring......... :sleeping:

Climb-Utah.com

rockgremlin
02-14-2020, 02:18 PM
Lol I'm equal parts impressed and flattered that you would go back to previous posts to dig that comment out. :lol8:

I decided that since so many people recommended that I stick with it and it gets better I thought I'd ride it out. And I'm glad I did. It does get quite a bit better as it goes along.

Iceaxe
02-14-2020, 02:32 PM
68 Whiskey is along the same lines... the first three episodes I was thinking modern remake of MASH... but it has really started to roll.

Many of the bad reviews are what I consider military personnel nit-picking. They bitch about things like the Medevac didn't have enough gunship support and stuff like that.

I try not to do that with racing movies like Ford v Ferrari, Rush or Worlds Fastest Indian as it's easy to do if you're knowledge on the subject but destroys the movie.

YMMV

accadacca
03-28-2020, 08:03 PM
I have not been keeping up with this thread, because I normally don’t watch many television series or let me rephrase that. I don’t watch any television series, pretty much only sports. I just started watching Tiger King and it looks interesting. Anybody else watching?

https://i.ibb.co/LZ914wG/89-C52-FD9-3-B1-A-4532-B6-D6-75386-A0893-BC.jpg

oldno7
03-29-2020, 06:54 AM
I was thinking maybe--"Escape from New York" would be getting popular...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckvDo2JHB7o

twotimer
03-29-2020, 07:08 AM
Omega Man with Charlton Heston.

twotimer
03-29-2020, 07:09 AM
I have not been keeping up with this thread, because I normally don’t watch many television series or let me rephrase that. I don’t watch any television series, pretty much only sports. I just started watching Tiger King and it looks interesting. Anybody else watching?

https://i.ibb.co/LZ914wG/89-C52-FD9-3-B1-A-4532-B6-D6-75386-A0893-BC.jpg

I'm sure it'll be quite entertaining until that Tiger decides to rip his face off.

accadacca
03-29-2020, 07:19 AM
I'm sure it'll be quite entertaining until that Tiger decides to rip his face off.

Yeah, that wouldn’t even scratch the surface. Pun intended...

https://i.ibb.co/ZLP7B3d/177-A288-E-C9-CF-44-B1-9-C67-A2800-A30-D424.jpg

REDFOX
03-29-2020, 09:53 AM
Ozark and Narcos Mexico

rockgremlin
03-29-2020, 10:38 AM
Ozark and Narcos Mexico

Bingo. Two shows that are on my top ten list. :2thumbs:

Iceaxe
03-29-2020, 10:59 AM
All the Narco's are good. I could never get into Ozark, but then again I pee standing up.

Been watching some of the Black Mirrors I'd missed... they can be real hit and miss, some are great and some are lame, but each show is a stand alone so you don't get forced into an endless TV time suck.

Climb-Utah.com

oldno7
03-29-2020, 10:59 AM
You can watch Jericho and get a glimpse of us in another couple months:eek2:

oldno7
04-24-2020, 12:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6P3nI6VnlY&amp;t=38sReleased today--looks good

"Extraction"