PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited Cloud Storage? Or very large?

Sombeech
04-12-2018, 04:21 PM
Who uses cloud storage? With all of my outdoor videos, I'm pushing 5TB, it adds up shooting in 4k. I'm looking for some online storage with large capacity. I'm willing to pay around 25 bucks a month. I've been doing some searching and the unlimited stuff is fading away.

I've looked at Carbonite, but it seems they do it per computer. I don't need computer, I just need a whole buncha files on a whole buncha hard drives.

Opinions? Experience?

Sombeech
04-12-2018, 04:25 PM
Actually, iDrive looks decent. $74 a year for 5TB.

Thanks for nothing you pot smoking jerks

Sombeech
04-12-2018, 04:30 PM
beep beep, nevermind, idrive may have a filesize limit of 2GB and a lot of my files are 3 to 4 GB per raw video clip.

BruteForce
04-12-2018, 04:38 PM
I have Office 365 w/One Drive. Thus far, I haven't run out of disk space and keep adding as necessary. I pay $99/year for 5 installs.

BIG RED
04-12-2018, 05:09 PM
I use hubic, it is 5 eruos a month for up to 10TB. It is based in France so upload and download are the fastest, but works for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Sombeech
04-12-2018, 06:30 PM
I have Office 365 w/One Drive. Thus far, I haven't run out of disk space and keep adding as necessary. I pay $99/year for 5 installs.

Ok so with this, I'd get the storage PLUS the subscription to all of the office products? This just might be the answer.

I think I'm reading it right, 1TB per user and it's for up to 5 users. Would I need to create 5 different accounts/email addresses, and limit each account to 1TB to get the 5TB total?

Sombeech
04-12-2018, 06:33 PM
Still, 1TB, even if it was just 1, kills the Google Drive plan I'm using. I do like the sound of Microsoft keeping my files, not some company that might be around for a couple of years.

Thanks BruteForce, I think I'm going with Office 365

BruteForce
04-13-2018, 05:22 AM
Ok so with this, I'd get the storage PLUS the subscription to all of the office products? This just might be the answer.

I think I'm reading it right, 1TB per user and it's for up to 5 users. Would I need to create 5 different accounts/email addresses, and limit each account to 1TB to get the 5TB total?

1TB per user, but you can increase space as necessary if you exceed the initial 1TB.