PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Doodle road doable for a small car?

jman
02-13-2018, 12:59 PM
I know the road to Yankee Doodle is a dirt road and the three times I have been there was in my truck and don't remember any issues or obstacles.

This time I will be in my Chevy Cruze. Is it drivable in a small vehicle with no 4-wheel drive or high clearance?

Iceaxe
02-13-2018, 01:42 PM
Yes, in normal conditions.

jman
02-13-2018, 02:04 PM
Cool thanks!

I’ll give an update when I get back on Sunday too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2065toyota
02-13-2018, 02:11 PM
Unless it's muddy, not a problem. Yankee has changed a lot. The canyon is completely different now and holds a lot more water and contains a small pothole escape now. Just so you know.

And it has been raining and snowing down here so be prepared for it to be full and cold

jman
02-13-2018, 02:16 PM
Unless it's muddy, not a problem. Yankee has changed a lot. The canyon is completely different now and holds a lot more water and contains a small pothole escape now. Just so you know.

And it has been raining and snowing down here so be prepared for it to be full and cold

I was there last about a year and half ago...but is this the small pothole you are referring to?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180213/590e096b39881c7cd0bb015dc57a0afe.jpg

jman
02-15-2018, 08:20 AM
2065toyota

We got about an inch of snow up here in Northern Utah where I live last night but I am curious to know if you can see Pine Valley and if they have any snow. That may derail my YD plans this weekend...

2065toyota
02-15-2018, 08:25 AM
@2065toyota (http://www.bogley.com/forum/member.php?u=19869)

We got about an inch of snow up here in Northern Utah where I live last night but I am curious to know if you can see Pine Valley and if they have any snow. That may derail my YD plans this weekend...

I just looked and the snow level is just above Yankee. It has rained every day this week and is raining right now. It is supposed to be sunny later today and tomorrow and that is a fairly gravely road with only a few bad spots. If you are planning Sunday I wouldn't worry at all. Saturday is still prob ok, there may be a few we spots still. This area dries out fairly fast.

jman
02-15-2018, 09:28 AM
I just looked and the snow level is just above Yankee. It has rained every day this week and is raining right now. It is supposed to be sunny later today and tomorrow and that is a fairly gravely road with only a few bad spots. If you are planning Sunday I wouldn't worry at all. Saturday is still prob ok, there may be a few we spots still. This area dries out fairly fast.

Thanks! I'll report back when I return.

ratagonia
02-15-2018, 05:38 PM

The road - probably good.

The canyon, probably very wet!!!

Tom