PDA

View Full Version : Atwoodgear.com is now live!

Bootboy
01-08-2018, 01:23 AM
For those that have been waiting and for those who haven't, www.atwoodgear.com is now live.

Some items currently in stock, some back-ordered. We're working on sewing more product so we'll have the full compliment of gear in stock for the spring season.

Come get your gear!

rockgremlin
01-08-2018, 06:31 AM
About the waterbag anchor:

"We prefer to actually go on a trip to provide instruction and training ourselves."

What does that look like? Do you guys arrange trips? And do you guys sew together your anchors in house?

Bootboy
01-08-2018, 07:53 AM
About the waterbag anchor:

"We prefer to actually go on a trip to provide instruction and training ourselves."

What does that look like? Do you guys arrange trips? And do you guys sew together your anchors in house?

Since it is a nuanced piece of gear, while effective, it is essential that you know what you are doing.

We would just agree to meet somewhere and do a Canyon together so you can get some supervised, hands-on training with your purchase.

I do reserve the right to not sell them if I’m not comfortable doing so. Basically I’m looking for a strict LNT ethic, and an eschewnce of publishing canyons. This is all bout exploration and conservation.

All sewing is currently done in-house by yours truly.

While we’re looking to outsource sewing on some non-critical items (locally), these are one of several items that I will continue to make personally as quality control is absolutely crucial. Basically, if you’re going to hang your life on it, It’ll be sewn in house.

rockgremlin
01-08-2018, 08:49 AM
...eschewnce...

LOL I like this word. Although I think it's missing an A.

I like that you personally hand sew your water anchors. Definitely adds piece of mind. I'm assuming you have a few standard canyons selected where you can showcase the water anchor? The Squeeze, Mindbender & Not Mindbender come to mind...

Sombeech
01-08-2018, 02:06 PM
Cool, where are you guys located?

Bootboy
01-08-2018, 05:17 PM

Right here in Ogden

rockgremlin
01-09-2018, 06:32 AM

:bootyshake:

nkanarik
01-09-2018, 02:22 PM
Saw the "houdini" on your site, and was wondering if you published any tutorial video on how to use (BTW...price doesn't match...~$15 on one page and $25 on another)

Bootboy
01-10-2018, 06:15 PM
Saw the "houdini" on your site, and was wondering if you published any tutorial video on how to use (BTW...price doesn't match...~$15 on one page and $25 on another)

I’m not sure why it displays the prices that way. $25 is for included sewn rope. $15 is for the bare hardware.

I have not done a tutorial yet. I will likely end up with a picture tutorial. They are not in production right now but there will be a full stock them before the spring season.

Sombeech
01-11-2018, 10:31 AM
I meant, like the general area. A warehouse in one of the industrial parks?

rockgremlin
01-11-2018, 10:46 AM

Ogden is an industrial park...:mrgreen:

ratagonia
01-11-2018, 11:54 AM
Ogden is an industrial park...:mrgreen:

I guess you have not been up there for awhile. Or perhaps did not notice the ultra-post-modern 33 story Bootboy Tower in downtown Ogden. With paid rappers sliding down ropes on all side, all hours.

Jeesh, ya gotta get out a little more...

T

rockgremlin
01-11-2018, 12:52 PM
I guess you have not been up there for awhile. Or perhaps did not notice the ultra-post-modern 33 story Bootboy Tower in downtown Ogden. With paid rappers sliding down ropes on all side, all hours.

T

On the contrary...I live in Ogden now. :mrgreen:

My comment was more a poke in the ribs than an insult. And I too am curious where in Ogden Mr. Boot's offices are. Maybe I'll stop by one day...

Sombeech
01-11-2018, 01:20 PM
Maybe I'll stop by one day...

Ditto

Bootboy
01-11-2018, 02:40 PM

I don’t have a physical store front.

I operate out of my home for now. You may be disappointed if you come over looking for gear.

I could offer you a glass of water though.

Bootboy
01-11-2018, 02:51 PM

T

On a side note, I find post modern architecture to be rather grotesque and soul-less. Too subjective and lacking in actual principles.

Always was more a fan of art-deco.

Sombeech
01-12-2018, 07:38 AM
I don’t have a physical store front.

I operate out of my home for now. You may be disappointed if you come over looking for gear.

I could offer you a glass of water though.

Just validate my parking and we're good

Bootboy
01-12-2018, 09:37 AM
Just validate my parking and we're good

It’s a spacious cul de sac, parking is always available :P