PDA

View Full Version : CryptoCurrencies

DiscGo
09-24-2017, 07:59 AM
Do any of you have cryptocurrencies? I believe (perhaps foolishly) that it is the future of currency. The concept of a currency existing outside of Government control (again I believe the Government will eventually want to stop it, but I'm not sure how they can) and existing without borders or central management is very appealing to me. I have made a few thousand this year which led me to invest a few thousand more.

Currently, I hold:

Verge Coin
Bitcoin / BTC
Monero
NavCoin
LiteCoint
Etheum
LiteCoin
NEO
IOTA

I'm trying to figure out if I should invest in newer coins (which are riskier) or just keep buying BTC which I believe is certain to continue to climb over time.

Sombeech
09-25-2017, 09:57 AM
I had some Bitcoin a few years ago when it was cheap and intelligently sold it before it's value skyrocketed

Iceaxe
12-11-2017, 09:41 AM
How is this working out for you DiscGo? When you first posted this I almost called you and asked how do I buy a couple thousand dollars worth of BitCoin, and I've been kicking myself in the ass ever since for not doing it.

DiscGo
12-11-2017, 10:01 AM
Iceaxe- My only complaint is not having invested sooner :). I invested about $300 last year and was kind of shocked to find out it was worth a few thousand in July. I have invested about 8k overall (6 in the last 5 months) and it is now worth 29k.

My belief is that BTC (Bitcoin) is similar to Altavista. It is the first major crypto-currency but won't remain the industry leader. I believe that Google (the future Crypto-Currency leader) has been created and has not yet distinguished itself from the rest of the pack. So I have been investing in alternative coins believing that if I invest in the right coin now, it will pay out a better yield later.

Iceaxe
12-11-2017, 11:25 AM
I still think Bitcoin is heading towards a spectacular crash similar to the Dutch Tulip Bubble. There is really no reason for it to be so high and nothing in the way of hard assets to back it's value, but I also said the same thing about Facebook so what do I know. The only reason I considered investing in BitCoin is I've watched enough financial bubbles in my life to know those getting in early and out before the crash can really bank some coin.

Dutch Tulip Bubble
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

When you're wildly rich remember to invite me onto your yacht :-)

DiscGo
12-11-2017, 01:10 PM
From a technological standpoint, I have never seen or heard anyone tech-savvy find anything bad about the technology. I believe that the $15 an hour minimum wage is going to greatly reduce the value of the U.S. dollar and I expect that within 5 years. I also expect a price crash but I expect it to be more like the tech bubble in the early 2000s. The value will drop but the coins (websites) that make it, will be worth a ton more in 20 years. The real bummer is that if Crypto crashes AMD, NVIDIA, & INTEL are all going to crash hard with it.

DiscGo
12-11-2017, 07:33 PM
Last week I had $2000 in LiteCoin and this week I have $4400. It isn't too late to get in on LTC :)

DiscGo
12-12-2017, 09:58 AM
Great post on Reddit about Cryptocurrency:

"I'm sure this will sound pedantic but with all the excitement lately, I'm seeing a lot of post from people in their 20's and even teens talking about investing large sums in crypto. Please keep in mind that this is high risk.That's not to say you shouldn't take some of your hard earned money, do your research and get involved. This community is amazing, dynamic and there's a ton of potential to make great returns. However, high risk investment should never be your whole portfolio. It should be the smallest part.

Make sure that you're setting aside money in a Roth IRA, contributing to your 401k, Vanguard funds, etc. The boring stuff. The stuff that grows slowly over a lifetime. Don't just diversify your coins, diversify your whole portfolio. It's something I certainly wish I'd tackled at a much younger age. Believe me, you'll thank me later."

If you've made any money in this market you probably feel invincible. Do yourself a favor - don't necessarily quit while you're ahead, but do take some off the table. People invest in stocks because those are actual businesses making actual money that they actually give out to their shareholders. And even those are considered incredibly risky investments.

Right now in crypto, if you've only been playing the game for a couple of months, you've only known winning. At least take out your initial investment now that you're 5x up and play with the house money. And if it gets to be a huge % of your investable money, like, more than 10%, sell some and spread that around to some other investments too."

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7j86nb/if_youre_young_and_thinking_of_investing_in/

devo_stevo
12-12-2017, 10:12 AM
Good advice there.

rockgremlin
12-12-2017, 10:26 AM
I believe that the $15 an hour minimum wage is going to greatly reduce the value of the U.S. dollar and I expect that within 5 years.

FYI - This will also jack up the value of gold. When the dollar struggles gold shines.

DiscGo
12-18-2017, 10:43 AM
Just a heads up: At the time of this posting, $5,000 USD was worth 1 million verge coins. Those 1 million verge coins is now worth $50,000+ USD

rockgremlin
12-18-2017, 11:01 AM
Just a heads up: At the time of this posting, $5,000 USD was worth 1 million verge coins. Those 1 million verge coins is now worth $50,000+ USD

So get a loan and get rich. What's the catch?

DiscGo
12-18-2017, 11:26 AM
So get a loan and get rich. What's the catch?

A correction / crash is expected at some point. You don't want to be the one left standing at the end of musical chairs. It all comes down to not investing more than you can afford to lose. 2017 was an amazing year for Cryptocurrency but 2018 is the unknown.

Over the last year I was aggressively following the coins and trying to stay ahead of the pack. I am now diversifying through the top 20 coins I believe have promise (shotgunning it really) and plan to hold for the next 3 years. I won't be at all surprised if you come back and laugh at my losses in 5 months to 2 years but I'm swinging for the fences and hoping for the best.

rockgremlin
12-18-2017, 11:46 AM
A correction / crash is expected at some point. You don't want to be the one left standing at the end of musical chairs. It all comes down to not investing more than you can afford to lose. 2017 was an amazing year for Cryptocurrency but 2018 is the unknown.

Over the last year I was aggressively following the coins and trying to stay ahead of the pack. I am now diversifying through the top 20 coins I believe have promise (shotgunning it really) and plan to hold for the next 3 years. I won't be at all surprised if you come back and laugh at my losses in 5 months to 2 years but I'm swinging for the fences and hoping for the best.

No laughing here. In fact, I have major respect for you. It takes some pretty large cajones to put hard earned money into an untested investment. I only ask that you remember me when you become filthy rich. I mean...I've got bills, ya know? I'm so broke I can't even afford to be a Bogley Bigshot Lifetime member. In fact, I used to be a Bigshot but then I got demoted somehow. :ne_nau:

DiscGo
12-22-2017, 07:59 PM
https://youtu.be/g-zIbVEjVpQ

This is the first one of his videos which I really feels applies to me. I wonder if CrossFitters & Vegans feel as misunderstood by this guy as I do right now :)

accadacca
12-23-2017, 08:08 AM
CryptoKitties? Are you collecting these DiscGo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&noapp=1&v=uzPT24hV5Cg

DiscGo
12-23-2017, 09:50 AM
CryptoKitties? Are you collecting these @DiscGo (http://www.bogley.com/forum/member.php?u=501)

Nope! :)

Iceaxe
01-08-2018, 08:38 AM
Bitcoin listed among top investor threats in 2018

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=46232182&nid=1070

DiscGo
01-08-2018, 09:57 AM
Bitcoin listed among top investor threats in 2018

Last year Bitcoin accounted for 65% of Cryptocurrency. Not it is about 35%. I believe there is a bubble, but it isn't bursting yet. Bittrex & Binance (the top most popular exchanges in the U.S.) both suspended new memberships last week because they were overwhelmed with new members trying to get into Crypto. The problem in Crypto world is that everyone wants to get rich quick and so people invest in low cost coins hoping for overnight skyrocketing evaluations (similar to the dotcom bubble in which at one point Pharmacy.com had a greater evaluation than Walgreens despite a huge disparity in sales numbers).

This may be more than you guys want to know but here is more info:

Every cryptocurrency has its own "white paper" where people spell out the purpose of their coin. Some coins are what we call "Pump & Dump" where you make a super altruistic or exciting sounding white paper to get people excited about your coin. The market value skyrockets and those who pumped it up are then able to sell out and really abandon the project.

Other coins have actual visions how to prepare for and/or interface with the future. There are currently about 10 coins (out of hundreds) which actually have meaningful partnerships or working products which bring true value to their coins (example: Ripple is partnered with 3 of the top 5 largest banks in the world, Stellar Lumens has partnered with IBM, IOTA has partnered with Bosch, etc.) but everyone is looking to get rich overnight, so people are investing in the crap coins with low evaluations hoping for their overnight rocket-ship to the moon.

I have a friend who started with $2,000 USD in Crypto and is now pushing $50k. I started with $20k and am sitting around $90k. My friend has taken a lot more chances and I have been a lot more conservative. From an investment perspective, I can see how crypto could fail but from a technological standpoint, I believe blockchain is the real deal. In short, I believe there is a chance to invest in the Amazons, Googles, & Facebooks of Blockchain technology right now in their infancy and it is worth the risk.

DiscGo
01-08-2018, 10:22 AM
BTW- If anyone does plan on getting into Crypto, please use my signup link: https://www.binance.com/?ref=10720809 :)

Sombeech
01-08-2018, 02:01 PM
I need a new Crypto Currency. My current one is through my local credit union. I swipe this plastic card to buy Diet Mtn Dew, and my paycheck goes right into the electronic account. They tell me how much I've got in there because of numbers on the internet, I never see any cash. The value seems to be consistently on a decline though.

rockgremlin
01-09-2018, 06:56 AM
I need a new Crypto Currency. My current one is through my local credit union. I swipe this plastic card to buy Diet Mtn Dew, and my paycheck goes right into the electronic account. They tell me how much I've got in there because of numbers on the internet, I never see any cash. The value seems to be consistently on a decline though.

I'm in the same boat. Every time my paycheck gets deposited my account gets routinely hacked - like on a monthly basis, and always on the same day. Have you ever heard of the Verizon hackers? Dominion Energy is pretty bad too. I wish they would just leave me alone. I'm not sure what to do about it. I might try and contact the police about it. I tried to tell my bank about it but those idiots just looked at me weird. Like they were in on the hacking. WTF?!

Has anyone else had issues similar to this? Please help.

Sombeech
01-09-2018, 09:06 AM
I'm in the same boat. Every time my paycheck gets deposited my account gets routinely hacked - like on a monthly basis, and always on the same day. Have you ever heard of the Verizon hackers? Dominion Energy is pretty bad too. I wish they would just leave me alone. I'm not sure what to do about it. I might try and contact the police about it. I tried to tell my bank about it but those idiots just looked at me weird. Like they were in on the hacking. WTF?!

Has anyone else had issues similar to this? Please help.

You and I are starting a new crypto currency called ByteJustin

People can invest in us, give us money which really just redirects to a joint paypal account. We'll broadcast some swol gainz and growth, so more people will invest. For those small percentage that want to sell out, we'll give them their money because we are getting more investors anyway.

When we hit 5 million I'm going to say we got hacked and it will be worth 7 dollars again.

rockgremlin
01-09-2018, 09:41 AM
You and I are starting a new crypto currency called ByteJustin

People can invest in us, give us money which really just redirects to a joint paypal account. We'll broadcast some swol gainz and growth, so more people will invest. For those small percentage that want to sell out, we'll give them their money because we are getting more investors anyway.

When we hit 5 million I'm going to say we got hacked and it will be worth 7 dollars again.

We can make a press release announcing Scott P as the newest member to the board of directors, which should get a bump in both trading volume as well as share price. When things go south, we'll make another press release firing Scott from the board and appointing DiscGo interim board member until our next blockbuster appointee is elected. This should motivate shareholders to keep their money invested at the very least long enough to milk the interest for a while.

While you continue to work out the additional details, I'm going to pay a visit to my credit union and withdraw all of my liquid assets to funnel into our new cash cow. All they do is take my money and then bitch at me because my "overdraft" is maxed out. WTF? Overdraft? Who are these people? Who's got time for that noise?

rockgremlin
01-09-2018, 12:22 PM
OK, so I just got back from my stupid credit union. You would not believe the amount of nonsense I had to wade through. Apparently, I can't liquidate my accounts until I pay them this huge sum of money.

So I'm like "What?! I thought you guys didn't have withdrawal fees -- that's why I chose a credit union over an evil bank. The hidden fees!!"

And they're all like "Sir, your accounts.....blah, blah, blah...overdraft....blah, blah, blah...."

And then I just lost it. "You guys keep wanting me to pay overdraft, but I never asked for that. So that one's on you. If you want to fund the overdraft, you guys have an entire vault full of money downstairs you can do it with. I can hardly afford pork n' beans at Ream's. I mean c'mon!" And then I got up and left.

That lady just stared at me, dumbfounded. I think they got the message. I should be able to withdraw my assets later today or maybe tomorrow when they get their poop in a group and come to their senses. Until then, maybe see if you have better luck with your credit union. In the meantime, I'll start canvassing for investors.

So excited. I can't wait to retire this year with all of our newly found wealth!

rockgremlin
08-23-2018, 12:56 PM
BTW- If anyone does plan on getting into Crypto, please use my signup link: https://www.binance.com/?ref=10720809 :)

DiscGo -- What is this site, exactly? Can you purchase bitcurrency from this site, or does it just publish exchange rates in real thyme? I'm thinking of buying some bitcoin, but am completely ignorant about how exactly to go about it. Can you buy bitcoin with credit?

So many questions...

DiscGo
08-27-2018, 05:51 AM
@DiscGo (http://www.bogley.com/forum/member.php?u=501) -- What is this site, exactly?
rockgremlin-
There are lots of different crypto-currencies. The most popular site in the country for purchasing bitcoin is coinbase.com but they only sell 4 types of coins. Binance.com is basically an exchange that will allow you to convert your bitcoin into whatever type of crypto-currency you'd like (Stella Lumens, Ripple, IOTA, etc).

Iceaxe
11-28-2018, 08:39 PM
...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181129/b15351c96e0304914723c2b1d471bc9d.jpg

Climb-Utah.com

rockgremlin
11-29-2018, 06:36 AM
YOUCH!!! Holy crap -- right into the $hitter!!

What happened?

devo_stevo
11-29-2018, 06:49 AM
What happened?
Well, you see, people finally figured out that a random mathematical equation solved by some computer doesn't have any real material value when there is almost nothing you can do with it and there is no backing to provide tangible value for that thing.

Also, with the mania of 2017 and early 2018, there is a glut of the stuff since everybody was "mining" the stuff themselves. So that whole "supply/demand"thing kicks in, and the value goes way down.

rockgremlin
11-29-2018, 06:53 AM
Looks like Ice called it:

I still think Bitcoin is heading towards a spectacular crash similar to the Dutch Tulip Bubble. There is really no reason for it to be so high and nothing in the way of hard assets to back it's value, but I also said the same thing about Facebook so what do I know. The only reason I considered investing in BitCoin is I've watched enough financial bubbles in my life to know those getting in early and out before the crash can really bank some coin.

Dutch Tulip Bubble
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

Sombeech
11-30-2018, 07:43 AM
I'm just glad I bought bitcoin when it was cheap and spent it already on the dark web so I got my money's worth

Iceaxe
11-30-2018, 09:05 AM
I'm just glad I bought bitcoin when it was cheap and spent it already on the dark web so I got my money's worth

So... did you get hookers or blow?!? A friend was asking....

Iceaxe
12-07-2018, 07:04 PM
Bitcoin's epic plunge continues
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=46442783&nid=1313

Climb-Utah.com

empty
12-10-2018, 04:35 AM
The best coins to invest are still bitcoin, actually as long as you can choose coins that are in good rank and with large communities. To be able to achieve that profit you must be prepared with all the processes, including this year where all coin prices in the market are experiencing a decline. And you must be ready to hold it for longer until they increase and reach a high price.

Iceaxe
02-04-2019, 04:41 PM
Well that probably didn't go as planned....

$190 million gone forever? Crypto boss dies with passwords needed to unlock customer accounts

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/cryptocurrency-exchange-chief-dies-with-passwords-needed-to-unlock-customers-190m-reports-say

What do you say DiscGo

DiscGo
02-04-2019, 06:52 PM
I cashed my investment out previously (so I'm fine) but I'm still sitting on an investment portfolio which I believe will make a comeback in the next 12 months. Maybe not to the same levels of December 2017 but I certainly don't believe Crypto is done.

Iceaxe
12-22-2020, 10:16 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201222/114a6996b60de6d5532a83322750459a.jpg

Sombeech
12-22-2020, 11:35 AM
LOL I bought a full bitcoin years ago when it was only $100. Too bad I spent it the next week.

rockgremlin
12-23-2020, 08:55 AM
Bitcoin currently at all time highs over $23,500....

So.. DiscGo - I assume you've moved on up to the east side? Got a deluxe apartment in the sky?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvFqpxolW4o

DirkHammergate
01-22-2021, 05:56 AM
LOL I bought a full bitcoin years ago when it was only $100. Too bad I spent it the next week.

This is why he might have gone dark....

Nathanielmiller
05-27-2021, 02:35 AM
I have been trading on Binance through 3commas trading bot. I hold BTC for the long term and would like to grow the stack by trading altcoins. But currently I’m testing https://tradingbot-solutions.com/.It’s simple easy to setup and there is nothing to select, there is just one bot/strategy. It was launched just a few months ago so not as well-known.

Kenny West
07-01-2021, 02:35 PM
I have been trading on Binance. I hold Doge for the long term and would like to grow the stack by trading altcoins. But currently I’m testing It’s simple easy to setup and there is nothing to select, there is just one bot/strategy. It was launched just a few months ago so not as well-known.
Better hodl Doge. In the long run it (https://bitcoin-trading.io/how-to-buy-dogecoin-in-the-uk) will bring you much more profit than trading.

devo_stevo
12-09-2021, 09:21 AM
Just going to leave this here and show myself out....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeRAVtC-6Qo

austinhols
12-13-2021, 11:05 AM
What crypto do you think better to buy for 2022? Are there any experts here? Im in college now, studying law, here https://www.assignmentmasters.co.uk/student-proofreading-services-uk/ i make some order from time to time, when i receive hard paper task from college.