PDA

View Full Version : snowflakes flattened

oldno7
01-26-2017, 09:43 AM
:2thumbs:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/25/portland-police-absolutely-flattened-these-protestors-who-stopped-traffic-video/#ixzz4WsqHf4eR

and in Portland--surprise surprise.....

Pendulums and all that stuff...:nod:

rockgremlin
01-26-2017, 10:23 AM
LOL. I think average Americans with jobs to get to and families to support are getting sick and tired of the riots and protests.

Scott P
01-26-2017, 10:25 AM
I think average Americans with jobs to get to and families to support are getting sick and tired of the riots and protests.

So, we just post on Bogley instead.:haha:

Scott P
01-26-2017, 11:18 AM
I don't have a problem with arresting the protesters if they are blocking the roads.

This seems a huge double standard though. Here are some cut and paste comments from Bogley members about the Bundy protesters blocking I-15, one of the busiest freeways in the region:

The entire country should be a 1st Amendment areas

No matter which side of this situation you may agree with, it is a VERY SAD commentary on what's happening in this country - and especially about what is so often becoming the relationship between the government and the People - that SO MANY Federal agencies seem to have (and so very often use) SWAT team's, sniper rifles and similar "resources" when dealing with ordinary people, ordinary citizens .... and tax payers. :(

Seems a heavily armed citizenry put down a heavily armed government, without a shot being fired.

Wow you've got to be REALLY stupid to throw a lady down in front of 10 recording cell phones.

But if they do come back, their only intention can be to murder citizens and thats not likely to go over well.
To attempt to control the citizenry, they must step up their game and thats were it will get interesting.

Allowing any agency to throw a woman to the ground in the manner I posted above is criminal and I hope is prosecuted.Seems to me he was being quite the citizen by standing his ground and that's about as patriotic as it gets.

It's interesting when certain lawmakers choose when and when not to enforce laws.

I am against big government and heavy handed govt actions against protesters

One thing is for sure, the hesitation from the Left to call any act of violence an act of terror unless their skin is white, even if there is no violence at all (referring to Bundy protesters)

This is an honest question. Why are the same Bogley members that were cheering when the Bundy protesters were blocking the freeway and complaining when the protesters were being "treated harshly" the same ones that are condemning the protesters in Portland for also blocking the roads (which aren't as busy as the freeway) and cheering and giving the thumbs up when the Portland protesters were "flattened to the ground" for blocking traffic?

:ne_nau:

rockgremlin
01-26-2017, 12:11 PM
^^^Hypocrisy?^^^

What else could it be? As Brian_in_SLC has pointed out in another post, hypocrisy is inherent to being human. No shame in that I guess.

oldno7
01-26-2017, 01:09 PM
you see hypocrisy, i see rooting for "your" team.

kinda like at a football game, you see the other teams offensive linesman holding every play.

when your team gets called for the same--the officials are "nutz".

it would really suck to have no devotion to a particular side, or be too embarrassed to acknowledge your side.

pretending to champion the middle ground on every discussion is likely more hypocritical.....

Scott P
01-26-2017, 01:28 PM

kinda like at a football game, you see the other teams offensive linesman holding every play.

We'll have to disagree on this.

Rooting for your own team is fine, but condemning the other team for the same thing you are doing is the very definition of hypocrisy.

oldno7
01-26-2017, 01:49 PM
This is an honest question. Why are the same Bogley members that were cheering when the Bundy protesters were blocking the freeway and complaining when the protesters were being "treated harshly" the same ones that are condemning the protesters in Portland for also blocking the roads (which aren't as busy as the freeway) and cheering and giving the thumbs up when the Portland protesters were "flattened to the ground" for blocking traffic?

:ne_nau:

Comparing apples to peach pits, here.

The only protest was the street blocking in Portland!

The Bundy scenario was brought on by direct government, physical, altercation.

Portland--folks block streets in an apparent show of civil disobedience.

Bundy folks were ranching and the government came and began to take their livestock, Bundies reacted, they didn't start a protest to block I-15.

apples--peach pits,, carry on..

uintafly
01-26-2017, 04:49 PM

it would really suck to have no devotion to a particular side, or be too embarrassed to acknowledge your side.

pretending to champion the middle ground on every discussion is likely more hypocritical.....

I agree with you here. The sad thing is that while we pick a side and fight tooth and nail with each other, we all forgot that as Americans we should be on the same side.

Iceaxe
01-26-2017, 06:33 PM
Big difference... every guy at the Bundy ranch could tell you exactly why he was there, what he was fighting for, and they were all on the same page.

If you ask 10 snowflakes why they are melting you will get 10 different answers. Except they all hate Trump, but all for different reasons, half of which are about things Trump has never actually done or said.

Sombeech
01-27-2017, 07:39 AM
Blocking the operations in a major city vs gathering on a dirt road in the desert.