PDA

View Full Version : News Man in Wheelchair takes 30ft fall at Emerald Pools, Zion NP

jman
09-28-2016, 07:51 AM
From KUTV.com (http://kutv.com/news/local/man-in-wheelchair-takes-30-foot-fall-in-zion)

"A man in a wheelchair fell around 30 feet down an embankment Tuesday while coming down the Emerald Pools Trail in Zion National Park.Rangers from the part said around 1:30 p.m., a man from Washington in a motorized wheelchair hit some loose dirt and lost control of the chair. He then plummeted off the side of the trial and fell close to thirty feet down an embankment.

It's believed he possibly injured is neck, head or back and received some cuts.
He was carefully taken up the hill by search and rescue and then wheeled to an ambulance and flown to Dixie Regional Medical Center."

dakotabelliston
09-28-2016, 04:09 PM
Working with power chairs daily I'd be surprised if it lost control on dirt. Most likely the man got to close to the edge or didn't recognize proper turning radius. Absolutely crazy accident & hope the man turns out okay.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Iceaxe
09-29-2016, 09:25 PM
It's just Darwin thinning the herd. That trail was not designed for wheelchairs.

Slot Machine
09-30-2016, 03:00 PM
Was he rally drifting in his wheelchair? Maybe the slide was intentional.

I sure hope that he wasn't further paralyzed by the fall. Going from paraplegic to quadriplegic would be sad.