PDA

View Full Version : Beta Zion canyoning friends

Jarrahturton
07-08-2016, 03:07 AM
Hi everyone. I am an Australian canyoneer and I've done two canyons in Zion before and I'm very keen to do more. My wife and I are looking for people who know the canyons better than we will to come with us on some canyons or just suggest good canyons for us to do. We are very experienced in canyoning in the blue mountains Australia and have done a lot of rock climbing too. We will be in Springdale end of July into August. If anyone wants to take us out or point us in the right direction that would be awesome. Cheers.

jman
07-08-2016, 05:32 AM
Welcome!

Does the end of July include the 23rd by chance?

If so, I have two extra permits for the Subway that you are welcome to join in on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott P
07-08-2016, 07:35 AM
Which two canyons have you already done?

Jarrahturton
07-08-2016, 02:38 PM
We did pine creek. And a dry one outside the NP just for some reapeling practice I think it had sheep in the name. Like big horn sheep knoll or something.
We are still unsure of the exact date we will be in Zion but will post as soon as we know.
Cheers,
Jarrah.

Iceaxe
07-09-2016, 05:54 AM
We did pine creek. And a dry one outside the NP just for some reapeling practice I think it had sheep in the name. Like big horn sheep knoll or something.

That would be Lambs Knoll aka Snake Alley.

Slot Machine
07-09-2016, 10:43 AM
Jarrahturton

What are some of the more challenging canyons you have done in the Blue Mountains? Have you done 10 canyons there? 100 canyons?

Do you normally lead your canyon trips?

It would be nice to convert your Australian skill level to a Zion skill level, then we can talk about specific canyons.

Could I kindly ask a moderator to move this thread to 'canyoneering', so that the OP might have a better chance of finding partners? @Sombeech (http://www.bogley.com/forum/member.php?u=6) @accadacca (http://www.bogley.com/forum/member.php?u=3) Please and thank you.

Slot Machine
07-09-2016, 02:50 PM
Dudes, accadacca Sombeech , now it is in the newbies sub-forum, now NOBODY will see it...

Sombeech
07-09-2016, 02:52 PM
Got it, sorry, down in Escalante at the moment

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Jarrahturton
07-09-2016, 03:14 PM
I have done over 30 different canyons and some I have done dozens of times. I am 29 years old and have been canyoning since I was 9 years old in the blue mountains. I often lead the canyon trips we go on. We are not looking for baby sitters we are looking for some fun people who know the area and the best canyons for the effort required. Canyons I've done here Include; butter box, heart attack, galar, dalpura, dargan, twister, rocky creek, kelvenator, coinslot, serendipity, arathusa, grand, pipeline, starlight, fig root, Geronimo, horse shoe, whungee Whingee as well as rock climbing and off track hiking.

dakotabelliston
07-12-2016, 07:15 AM
I think pointing you towards our beta sites may assist you with more information than any of us can give on here. This way you can research possible obstacles, difficulty levels, distance, time requirements etc. Then if you have any questions about specific canyons please feel free to ask.

Canyoneeringusa.com
bluugnome.com
roadtripryan.com
clim-butah.com

These are just some of the sites that I use or have used. There are a lot of factors that factor in to the canyons you can or will be able to do. It sounds like your very skilled but I know nothing of the canyons in Australia (maybe one day). You will want to factor in your ability to complete pot hole escapes, cold water protection, what rope lengths you have, what your time restraint is etc.

I wish you the best of luck & FYI if you can take up jman on a subway trip you best do it. That is one of the hardest permits to get in Zion. It's not extremely technical but it is incredible.