PDA

View Full Version : Conditions Choprock 2016

whansen
04-13-2016, 06:17 PM
Has anyone done Choprock recently? We are planning on doing it 4/22/16. I would just be interested in how it went.

CanyonFreak
04-14-2016, 09:41 PM
As of 4/2/16 it was at very low water levels without any major obstacles. Some swims but not the typical. The narrow part that can make it problematic was low and a wade through the Bombay section. I took my parents through neon that day but my partner took some other friends through chop and that is his report.

They wore 4/3 fulls with shortys, neo socks and gloves and were comfortable. Most the canyons in that area were very low or completely dry. They did the sneak so not sure of the status of the upper. Enjoy

whansen
04-15-2016, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the great info CanyonFreak hopefully the weather is good next week. NOAA said it snowed in Escalante today.

ratagonia
04-17-2016, 03:37 PM
Update from 4/14/2016: same as he said. A couple of long swims in there, but otherwise pretty mellow. I wore a Capilene midweight top under my 4/3 wetsuit and that was a good comfort level. Cold after the long swims, but otherwise mostly comfortable.

Tom

whansen
04-17-2016, 05:46 PM
Update from 4/14/2016: same as he said. A couple of long swims in there, but otherwise pretty mellow. I wore a Capilene midweight top under my 4/3 wetsuit and that was a good comfort level. Cold after the long swims, but otherwise mostly comfortable.

Tom
Thanks Tom for the update. This will be my first time to Choprock and im getting really excited. I get cold pretty easy so ill probably still need my full 5mm with a 2.5 vest and a load of gas station fire wood. Jk on the fire wood.
Did you happen to see or here about Raven or HH while you were there?

ratagonia
04-17-2016, 09:18 PM
This will be my first time to Choprock and im getting really excited. I get cold pretty easy so ill probably still need my full 5mm with a 2.5 vest and a load of gas station fire wood. Jk on the fire wood.

Did you happen to see or here about Raven or HH while you were there?

Nope. Neon and Chop only.

Tom