PDA

View Full Version : Help Road Conditions in the Roost

qedcook
03-31-2016, 03:38 PM
I'm looking for any road or canyon conditions in the Roost lately. Specifically, the road getting to Alcatraz and South Fork of Robbers Roost. Also conditions in those canyons and in Smallcatraz and Buck Canyon.

Thanks in advance.

Taylor
03-31-2016, 09:35 PM
Was in the area a few weeks ago. The road to Alcatraz was hc4wd only. No problem for my truck but a friend in a Suby didn't make it. All the other roads to that point and out to Horshshoe were fine. Larry canyon was dry. Can't say about those other canyons. Poison Springs and Hogs were dry last weekend.

qedcook
04-01-2016, 06:26 AM
How far away from Alcatraz was the road 4 wheel drive only?

Taylor
04-01-2016, 07:23 AM
Before the road drops down into the dry wash, and after it makes the sharp left turn, there are a few washouts. In my experience, that section just gets worse each year. Still not a problem fora truck with clearance.

hikster11
04-05-2016, 01:54 PM
I'm looking for any road or canyon conditions in the Roost lately. Specifically, the road getting to Alcatraz and South Fork of Robbers Roost. Also conditions in those canyons and in Smallcatraz and Buck Canyon.

Thanks in advance.
I was there this weekend. They just graded the road. You could take any car to Alcatraz

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ratagonia
04-05-2016, 02:51 PM
I was there this weekend. They just graded the road. You could take any car to Alcatraz

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

?????

qedcook
04-06-2016, 11:08 AM
I also went this weekend. The main road after Texas Hill is washboard pretty bad right now.