PDA

View Full Version : How To Intro to Cave Rescue - also useful for Canyon folk

oneintheweb
03-08-2016, 07:49 AM
Posting a note here by request of some Canyoneering comrades. Lots of crossover in cave and canyon worlds. In CO - we're offering a weekend introduction to cave rescue, which means assessing and managing a rescue situation in a challenging environment where rigging and patient movement and communication can be complicated. One day will be classroom and hands on practice with the gear and techniques (and an obstacle course!). The next day will consist of in cave mock rescue scenarios applying what you learned the day prior. It's an eye opener, it's fun, you meet great people in the cave/mountain rescue/fire/canyon worlds, and hopefully are a little safer and more prepared out there; which is always the goal. See attached flyer.

Website to sign up: http://coloradocaverescue.org/orientation-to-cave-rescue-april-2016/

Please email me with any questions! First post here, so if this isn't the right spot or forum, be cool, let me know, and I'll revise as needed. :)

tanya
03-11-2016, 12:22 PM
Welcome to the group, and yes it is appropriate here. I find you description to be good. Thank you.