PDA

View Full Version : White utah teen with dreadlocks says school dress code is racist

Sombeech
09-24-2015, 08:29 PM
Interesting, she says it's for religious purposes, but which religion?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsxCzL-g1Aw

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

BruteForce
09-25-2015, 04:22 AM
What a waste of oxygen all around: The school, the kid, the parent. Why is this an issue?

Scott P
09-25-2015, 06:06 AM
Interesting, she says it's for religious purposes, but which religion?

Rastafarian?

Sombeech
09-28-2015, 07:13 AM
Usually, dreaded folks can't shut up about why they did that to their hair, dispelling myths, showing how to care for it, yadda yadda yadda...

I know, I was one of them. I'm just curious why she didn't tell us which religion she's practicing.

Scott P
09-28-2015, 09:40 AM
I'm just curious why she didn't tell us which religion she's practicing.

Another article says that she is saying that she is Hindu. In Hinduism though, only Holy men and women wear dreadlocks. Holy men and women rub dried cow pies and ashes into their hair to get the correct consistency. Only then are the dreadlocks valid.

Anyway, this whole issue is silly since it's a private school. I don't know why the school would care if she had dreadlocks (unless she was rubbing fresh cow pies in them, which isn't the proper way to do it anyway), but it is a private school. If the girl doesn't like the rules, then simply transfer schools and be done with it.

It's similar to people complaining about the rules at say, BYU. If you don't like BYU rules, then don't go there.