PDA

View Full Version : Invite Subway Top Down in October

Lilly
08-31-2015, 11:27 PM
Hello, I'm a newbie and The Subway top down route has been in my bucket list since last year but didn't get to do it due to lack of permit. This year however was able to reserve spots for October 22nd. I'm very excited but at same time little worried because nobody in my group has done Subway or has any Canyoneering experience so here I am hoping to find an experienced canyoneer who has done Subway to partner up and do this hike together. Would anybody out there willing to help us out? Permit will be taken care of as well as dinner to celebrate the accomplishment of the hike :-)
You can text or call me at 702-481-2671. Thank you so much!

Lilly

ratagonia
09-01-2015, 03:22 PM
Hi Lilly -

Sounds like fun. A bit more about you and your gang might be helpful.

Do you all have experience rappelling?

Who is us? How many people do you have lined up? Where are you guys driving from?

Swimming and wetsuits - no problem?

The Subway is a long, rugged hike with a few very short rappels and a few short swims. Is your crew up for a long, rugged hike?

Thanks.

Tom

Lilly
09-01-2015, 04:04 PM
Tom, thank you so much for responding!

I don't have rappelling experience but recently took a basic rappelling course with a meetup group in LV and the rest of the gang (hubby, couple coworkers, couple girlfriends) have little experience. Everyone is working on getting time off from work at the moment, which mean I'm kinda waiting for the pieces to fall into places :-) and don't have exact number of participants. Hoping to have it by end of September.

We will be driving from Vegas on Wed Oct 21st.

Swimming no problem and will be renting wetsuits.

I hope so lol - I've shared with the gang articles and YouTube videos of the hike. We all like to hike and have done some long hike but this would be our first semi technical ergo the experience partner invite.

Thanks again Tom. Look forward to hear from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk