PDA

View Full Version : Looking for constructive criticism on a video

deerhuntinghippie
06-02-2015, 05:35 AM
Well, Ive been wanting to do something like this for quite sometime. Over the past 2 months me and my wife and our two children have set out with the camera in hopes to make it happen. This is the first time I have put music and video to my writing so I would love some constructive criticism regarding the cinematography, the writing and the entirety of the piece in general. Looking back on it now, I wished I would have had more experience with sound editing. Some folks online have said the music is too loud and the voice over is too soft while others have told me they could hear it fine. Anyways, since it is related to hunting and fishing I thought I'd share it with yall.
Please let me know what y'all think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9aAR69ONFE&list=UUqwkmTQRRw0ioeZHDnTc7Rw

jfeiro
06-02-2015, 06:47 AM
Nice! I heard everything just fine, good job.

deerhuntinghippie
06-02-2015, 07:28 AM
Nice! I heard everything just fine, good job.
Thanks for taking the time watch. I'm glad you were able to make out the voice over. I'm getting mixed reports on it.
Thanks for the kind word!

Kuya
06-02-2015, 07:53 AM
I really liked the video. I thought the camera work was superb. Loved the voice over! Music choice was complementary to the video and voiceover as well. Did you write the script yourself?

deerhuntinghippie
06-02-2015, 10:33 AM
I really liked the video. I thought the camera work was superb. Loved the voice over! Music choice was complementary to the video and voiceover as well. Did you write the script yourself?
Thanks so much for the feedback amd for taking time to watch it.
The piece started as a sort of stream of consciousness poem that I started writing one day I'm between trap sets and it just grew from there. It was my first time putting a story board together or even trying to come up with ideas that coincided with the words. I was also limited due to having young children. There were a few shots I really wanted to get but it would have been too dangerous for the kiddos.

deerhuntinghippie
06-02-2015, 10:33 AM
Sorry for any typos I'm very rushed at work right now.

BruteForce
06-02-2015, 08:10 PM
The voice over could have been a bit louder, but the vocals and words were awesome. I think the amount of bow-hunter images, coyote trap, etc.. were too much for the vocals, but I otherwise liked the video. The background music was perfect.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a deer/elk/turkey and goose hunter, but for me - the vocals and video didn't seem to jive..

Thanks for taking the time..

deerhuntinghippie
06-02-2015, 08:17 PM
The voice over could have been a bit louder, but the vocals and words were awesome. I think the amount of bow-hunter images, coyote trap, etc.. were too much for the vocals, but I otherwise liked the video. The background music was perfect.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a deer/elk/turkey and goose hunter, but for me - the vocals and video didn't seem to jive..

Thanks for taking the time..
Thanks for giving it a look and for the feedback.