PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Morocco Canyon - Not Once but Twice!

Kuya
04-14-2015, 09:24 AM
Morocco Canyon has eluded me for years now. Every Time I have tried to run that canyon, something happened that made it so I couldn't. Well, not this time! I was attending a Canyon Rescue Course at North Wash Outfitters, and we had a free morning that Friday. It didn't take much to convince my classmates to wake up early and run Morocco Canyon during our time off!

The canyon was great! One of the best mini slots I have done. Since it didn't take long to run, and because we had time still, we decided to go through the canyon twice! Second time with minimal gear, and extra rope!

Enjoy the video :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX-KxfORM8M

TR with pics can be found HERE (http://canyoneeringutah.blogspot.com/2015/04/morocco-canyon-north-wash.html)

Slot Machine
04-14-2015, 11:47 AM
Nice Blake! Each one of your videos is better than the last one.

The sound editing on the bellyflop was epic. ALL of your editing is epic... an underrated skill.

We should get together with a friend that has a quadcopter and film something (even more) amazing.

Rob L
04-14-2015, 01:55 PM
Excellent video! Morocco was my second solo canyon, so it holds affection for me. (It was all but dry when I did it in 2011).

Rob

Kuya
04-14-2015, 03:10 PM
Nice Blake! Each one of your videos is better than the last one.

The sound editing on the bellyflop was epic. ALL of your editing is epic... an underrated skill.

We should get together with a friend that has a quadcopter and film something (even more) amazing.

Thanks Bob! That means a lot. I am totally game for getting together and shooting some footage with my gopro and your buddies drone. sounds like fun!

Kuya
04-14-2015, 03:13 PM
Excellent video! Morocco was my second solo canyon, so it holds affection for me. (It was all but dry when I did it in 2011).

Rob
That would be a fun canyon to solo!

peakbaggers
04-14-2015, 08:48 PM

I've been thinking that a quad copter view of the initial descent into Alcatraz would be really great!

peakbaggers
04-14-2015, 08:56 PM
I'm a little surprised at the amount of water - everything has been so dry!
Nice video Blake - enjoyed it.

Kuya
04-15-2015, 07:54 AM
I've been thinking that a quad copter view of the initial descent into Alcatraz would be really great! THAT would be a cool shot!!

Slot Machine
04-16-2015, 09:48 AM
I've been thinking that a quad copter view of the initial descent into Alcatraz would be really great!

True! One of the most dramatic shots in all of canyoneering.

However, if you are going to bother hauling a drone, you'd want to have a lot of shots of canyoneers doing their thing, in order to make a good video. This would require a slot that is somewhat open when viewed from above (Alcatraz certainly is not).

Something like a The Blarneys or The Black Hole would probably provide a day's worth of good footage... :hmm2: