PDA

View Full Version : Strava Club

nelsonccc
03-20-2015, 09:06 PM
I made a Bogley Strava club. It'll let us all compare and compete against each other and see how we are stacking up. I sent a few invites out to people that are on here and Strava than I know of. If you want in just let me know or search for it on the club page and join.

double moo
03-20-2015, 09:28 PM
Searched and got no club named Bogley, please send me an invite!
sears.mike1@gmail.com

nelsonccc
03-20-2015, 09:51 PM
I emailed you as well as sent the invite from within strava.

tallsteve
03-21-2015, 08:35 PM
Couldn't find it either by searching.

Iceaxe
03-21-2015, 09:04 PM
Couldn't find it.

double moo
03-21-2015, 09:28 PM
Club is "BOGLEY.COM"

nelsonccc
03-21-2015, 10:16 PM
Yep it's Bogley.com. but we can change it. I sent both of you an invite but it also shows up when i search for it.

Shane, yours went to your gmail account.

tallsteve
03-22-2015, 07:24 AM
Got it- thanks!

Iceaxe
04-26-2015, 08:13 AM
I never did receive an invite to this group but found it by searching "bogley.com". It looks like only three of us actually are using Strava, we need more signed up and using it.

nelsonccc
04-26-2015, 03:37 PM
I agree. I know Scott uses it but he didn't sign up after getting the invite.

nelsonccc
04-26-2015, 03:38 PM
It would be nice to have more. There's got to be more people on here using it.

tallsteve
04-27-2015, 07:56 AM
Part of the problem could be not having a logo or photo on the club page. I know I had a hard time figuring out how to even access the club stats because I couldn't see the club from my profile page. It was only by accident that I happened to hover the cursor over the blank spot where my other clubs are shown that I was able to find it.

nelsonccc
04-27-2015, 09:44 AM
Part of the problem could be not having a logo or photo on the club page. I know I had a hard time figuring out how to even access the club stats because I couldn't see the club from my profile page. It was only by accident that I happened to hover the cursor over the blank spot where my other clubs are shown that I was able to find it.

Ahh, I see what you're saying. I didn't realize that but you're right there is just a blank space that shows up if you hover over it. I added in the logo so that will help with that aspect. Also changed the location to show Utah and Nevada since most of the users will likely end up being from Utah.

tallsteve
04-27-2015, 09:57 AM
Sweet- thanks! I see it!

Tystevens
04-29-2015, 10:27 AM
Joined!

Sombeech
05-01-2015, 10:41 AM
Can I just measure my performance in riding downhill?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

nelsonccc
05-01-2015, 10:51 AM

Well watching your videos you never really seem to be going very fast anyways so I don't see why not!

Sombeech
05-01-2015, 10:52 AM
I'm leaving this place

Iceaxe
05-01-2015, 04:24 PM

I don't see why not, we let the road riders log their miles and it's pretty much the same thing :haha:

tallsteve
05-01-2015, 05:12 PM
Hey, I resemble that remark! I'll have you know that I climbed over 30,000 ft. in the month of April. Not many flat miles here. Right now I'm doing about 80% road, 20% mtb. Within the next couple of weeks I'll be transitioning over to nearly 100% mtb so my miles will plummet but my elevation gain will remain roughly the same.

double moo
05-01-2015, 10:23 PM
In my continuing effort to beat my times on Strava I have once again ate shit at speed. Thanks to Strava I know that I was clocking 28 mph when I washed out my front end and did a face first slide through 20+ feet of thistles and other painful shit. Limping off the mountain was made more fun knowing that I had just laid down some bitchin' PRs. My goal for the summer was to get sub 10 min on Rush... tonight, just prior to my impending brush with pain, I clocked a 9:37. Strava is the source of my pain... 4 good wrecks last season... all trying to seat a PR. This is the first this year - I may have to uninstall the app...

Who else is a regular casualty of Strava?

Iceaxe
05-02-2015, 01:20 AM
After a couple of near misses I changed up my Strava routine and now only consider records when climbing to be worthy accomplishments. Chasing downhill records is a fools game as it does nothing but invite you to take bigger risks which each new attempt.

double moo
05-02-2015, 05:48 AM
Well said.

accadacca
05-02-2015, 08:23 PM
I see the filter at the bottom of the screen in the app.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/02/f0e2bfc939bd589b8cc51522a2a7368d.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/02/cf3c1ea68574e225b67b85f386a6ce7d.jpg

Iceaxe
05-17-2015, 10:08 AM
The rest of you candyass bike riders really need to step up your game. Ya'll are letting an old man make you look bad

tallsteve
05-18-2015, 07:21 AM
Nice job, Iceaxe! My excuse? We've been moving into a new house over the last couple of weeks. I think I've done 2 rides in that time. We finally got all moved on Saturday but, now I'll be doing a bunch of chainsawing up AF Canyon this week trying to get the Ridge Trail #157 network of trails cleared so we can get them open. My next ride may not be until Saturday morning.

tallsteve
05-18-2015, 07:22 AM
...oh, and I'm also old, 55, and I really felt my age during this move!

Iceaxe
05-18-2015, 07:57 AM
I just turned 55 last month. When I look around at others our age I notice we are in a very rare group. Most are overweight and spend their spare time watching TV.

[emoji106]

tallsteve
05-18-2015, 10:12 AM
I just turned 55 last month. When I look around at others our age I notice we are in a very rare group. Most are overweight and spend their spare time watching TV. [emoji106]

Yeah, I've been thinking about this a lot since my birthday a couple of months ago. I'm 55 and I would guess I'm in the top 10%, at the very least, and maybe in the top 5% for fitness level for men my age. Not bragging, it's just the way it is. I feel blessed to have had the desire and ability to have always stayed in shape since high school. Cycling has played a huge role in that for the past 25 years or so. I'm on only 1 prescription medication- Nasonex for allergies. I perform quite well against guys half my age on the bike- road or mountain. I can bike as far as I want. I can walk as far as a want. I can hike as far as I want. Without feeling like I'm going to die after the first mile. A couple of months ago we saw a former neighbor at the movie theater. We are the same age. He is my same height (6'8") and at the time we were neighbors, was only slightly heavier than me. Now, he weighs a good 400 pounds and I thought he was going to die climbing the theater stairs to his seat. I felt sorry for him. I don't know why he hasn't kept in shape. He'll be lucky to live another 5 years. Again, not trying to brag, just reiterating that consistent exercise does wonders for the body.

Iceaxe
05-18-2015, 10:41 AM
And you have to admit.... it's a lot of fun when you pedal past a kid half your age.

[emoji2]

nelsonccc
05-18-2015, 12:19 PM
The rest of you candyass bike riders really need to step up your game. Ya'll are letting an old man make you look bad

At least I'm not in last place! I ride a lot less when I'm playing double header softball Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday nights! I think Shane's is all mtn bike miles too which is even harder.

Iceaxe
05-18-2015, 12:49 PM
I think Shane's is all mtn bike miles too which is even harder.

I have less than 3 road miles this year, and the road miles were just hooking different trails together. I does help to have a world class trail system in my backyard :-)

Iceaxe
05-18-2015, 12:53 PM
Here is last weeks results....

accadacca
05-19-2015, 12:14 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/19/ede62b23363b6758e2af1f85d22bcd8e.jpg

tallsteve
05-20-2015, 08:39 AM
What? No STRAVA tracking for doing this? I'm complaining to customer service!

neilether
05-26-2015, 10:53 AM
joined. If I can ever get it to stop raining in Logan.......

nelsonccc
05-27-2015, 06:33 AM
Welcome!

neilether
05-27-2015, 07:16 AM
After a couple of near misses I changed up my Strava routine and now only consider records when climbing to be worthy accomplishments. Chasing downhill records is a fools game as it does nothing but invite you to take bigger risks which each new attempt.

Additionally, this mentality can really damage goodwill with other trail users. Mountain bikers have already created a semi-negative air for ourselves (whether deserved or not), but this strava-fication of downhills on popular multi-use trails is a very bad trend.

It can happen on the uphill as well, though it's more rare. Don't be a Strav-asshole.

Iceaxe
05-27-2015, 07:49 AM
A couple days ago I had some dumbass nearly fly up my ass, about the time he nearly ran me over he starts screaming "Strava, Strava" so being the easy going guy I am I made my bike a little wider and took a little longer to allow him to pass. I don't think he really understood I could careless about his Strava records :-)

neilether
05-27-2015, 07:57 AM
A couple days ago I had some dumbass nearly fly up my ass, about the time he nearly ran me over he starts screaming "Strava, Strava" so being the easy going guy I am I made my bike a little wider and took a little longer to allow him to pass. I don't think he really understood I could careless about his Strava records :-)

I do exactly the same thing. If I hear somebody coming up behind me, I will gladly expediently get off the trail so they can pass. However, if somebody has the audacity to yell "strava" at me, I then do everything in my power to delay them to the fullest. That has only happened to me once, but was one of the douche-iest things I have ever witnessed in the outdoors. I just completely ignored him and eventually he went off through the grass and weeds to get around me. I of course sped up enough to where he couldn't make the pass and had to merge back in behind me before he hit a tree. I then started laughing which made him even more pissed off.

tallsteve
05-27-2015, 03:19 PM
I had the same thing happen to me on a steep climb in AF Canyon. He got on my tail and starting yelling "Strava!". I yelled back that I would pull over as soon as we came to a more suitable spot for passing and re-starting. I took my time. He wasn't a happy camper when I finally let him pass.

Tystevens
05-27-2015, 06:11 PM
Funny. I've never witnessed the "Strava" yelling -- I thought it was just urban legend!

Sombeech
06-04-2015, 08:15 AM
OK.... I finally installed Strava.

My next question is... How do I Strava... I get the general concept, hit record when I start riding. I think I added Shane, Scott, Steve and Christian. How do I get to the bogley.com group?

tallsteve
06-04-2015, 08:26 AM
Under "Explore" at the top you'll find the "Club" tab. Click on that and type in BOGLEY.COM and it should come up.

Sombeech
06-04-2015, 08:47 AM
hmmm.... is this a Premium only feature?

tallsteve
06-04-2015, 09:10 AM
It shouldn't be. I am a premium member but, it looks like there are only 2 of us premium members in the Bogley club so there has to be a way to join.

Iceaxe
06-04-2015, 09:16 AM
hmmm.... is this a Premium only feature?

The feature is available to everyone, but it's a little hard to find...

Dashboard >> Explore >> Clubs
In the search box enter "Bogley.com"

Also there is really no need to follow us individually if we are in the club as you are really following everyone in the club.

Sombeech
06-04-2015, 09:22 AM
Hmmm, I'm cornfused, I'm just not seeing the clubs tab

tallsteve
06-04-2015, 09:38 AM
Try doing it on a PC. It will be easier.

neilether
06-04-2015, 09:38 AM
I think you have to do it from a computer. I couldn't find it on my iphone.

Iceaxe
06-04-2015, 09:51 AM
I can't find it on my Android, logging in on a computer gives you a lot of other options not available on the app. The main function of the app is to make recording your ride simple.

FWIW- I resisted Strava for years, mostly because I knew a lot of asshats that used it. I only joined because of Bogley, but now I've used it I'm extremely impressed with the program. What it does is amazing and the cost (free) is hard to beat.

Also for those using My Fitness Pal to count calories the two programs can be linked to automatically record your exercise/calories burned.

tallsteve
06-04-2015, 09:59 AM
Speaking of Strava, look at all of my AF Canyon KOM's from Tuesday!

When I first saw my stats I was like, wow, I got really fast over the winter, until realized that the trails have been closed and I was the first one to ride them for the year! The jokes on me!

nelsonccc
06-04-2015, 11:53 AM
I can't find it on my Android, logging in on a computer gives you a lot of other options not available on the app. The main function of the app is to make recording your ride simple.

FWIW- I resisted Strava for years, mostly because I knew a lot of asshats that used it. I only joined because of Bogley, but now I've used it I'm extremely impressed with the program. What it does is amazing and the cost (free) is hard to beat.

Also for those using My Fitness Pal to count calories the two programs can be linked to automatically record your exercise/calories burned.
I resisted the premium for awhile but it adds so many features. Especially if you track your heartrate. I love it's connectivity with so many other programs.

Sombeech
06-04-2015, 12:29 PM
FWIW- I resisted Strava for years, mostly because I knew a lot of asshats that used it.

This is primarily why I haven't done it, I'm anti compete when it comes to riding, and I just use My Tracks by Google to track my ride and give me stats. But I'll give it a whirl. I'm absolutely horrible on the climb, partially to my 3X operated on knees and my heavy bikes that I love to ride. But if I can measure the downhill, I can probably compare pretty good to above average.

Sombeech
06-04-2015, 12:31 PM
OK I joined, thanks

neilether
06-04-2015, 12:55 PM
This is primarily why I haven't done it, I'm anti compete when it comes to riding, and I just use My Tracks by Google to track my ride and give me stats. But I'll give it a whirl. I'm absolutely horrible on the climb, partially to my 3X operated on knees and my heavy bikes that I love to ride. But if I can measure the downhill, I can probably compare pretty good to above average.

I mainly just check myself against myself. Both uphill and downhill are very deflating if you look at the overall stats. It's hilarious to ride some super popular segments like Clarks or Armstrong in Park City and feel like you were killing it, only to find out that you rank 4,579th out of 5,000 people. Good times.

I will say that the Strava software is pretty amazing and I love geeking out on the FlyBy feature.

Sombeech
06-04-2015, 01:02 PM
Yes I guess it would be a good tool to measure against yourself. My problem is I'm riding different bikes now, stopping to take pictures, adjust the video camera, things like that so timing hasn't been much of a motivation for me. But it will be interesting to see if I improve over the year.

tallsteve
06-04-2015, 01:34 PM
I like the stats part of Strava. The one I focus on most is my elevation gain for the year. I've always liked to climb although it's getting tougher and tougher at my age and going forward.
The FlyBy'd page makes me giggle every time I watch one of my rides!

nelsonccc
06-04-2015, 04:03 PM
I mainly just check myself against myself. Both uphill and downhill are very deflating if you look at the overall stats. It's hilarious to ride some super popular segments like Clarks or Armstrong in Park City and feel like you were killing it, only to find out that you rank 4,579th out of 5,000 people. Good times.

I will say that the Strava software is pretty amazing and I love geeking out on the FlyBy feature.

A lot of this are guys who straight up focus on just one section. There was a guy I ran into a month or so ago stopped up a hill, off trail, pointed at another trail. I asked him if he was okay and he said he wanted to get a running start on the segment below so he was going to blaze trail so he could hit the segment at speed. I told him that was the stupidest thing I'd ever heard of. Especially since there are massively wide discrepancies in the gps devises and phones used. If I go on a ride with my buddy, sometimes I'll have my android phone running strava and my Edge 500. My buddy will run strava on his iphone. The edge will be the most accurate by a long shot and the segment times and speed and distance can vary a ton between the phones. My buddy makes fun of me cause he always has an extra couple tenths of a mile after a ride.

I love the edge 500 but it is cool when I wear bluetooth headphones and strava will announce the start of a segment and will give you rel time updates on your status through the phone.

Iceaxe
06-04-2015, 06:38 PM
I just use My Tracks by Google to track my ride and give me stats.

I was using My Tracks before I switched to Strava. Strava is at least 100 times better than My Tracks.

Strava has definitely made me a better rider. I've worked real hard this year to get my average MPH up and I'm now peddling at about 15% better than I was two months ago.

gholt
06-09-2015, 08:55 AM
Just joined. Now I'll find out how really slow I am.

Tystevens
06-09-2015, 10:37 AM

Yep, Strava is actually a pretty cool program. For me, I don't care so much about comparing times with others (although, admittedly, I do check it out!), but I compare against my own times. I like tracking yearly mileage and stuff like that, too. Another big benefit is it helps me quantify a ride can compare it to other rides I might want to do of similar elevation gain or distance, so I know what I'm doing and what I'm in for.

hikster11
06-13-2015, 12:59 AM
I have been using track my fitness for my rides and have not had any complaints. I will give this strava a try and see it it as great as you guys say it is.

tallsteve
06-22-2015, 07:40 AM
Dang. Just 11' shy of 10,000' of climbing for the week. If I had known I was that close...I would have done 10 jumping jacks or something!

Iceaxe
06-23-2015, 10:18 AM
Damn... I hit a tree today chasing a Strava record and went over the bars while hauling ass. I lost some skin on my shoulder and back. Lesson learned... I'm too old to be doing that type of shit.

tallsteve
06-23-2015, 10:41 AM
Yikes! I stopped chasing downhill Strava records when I switched to a hardtail. Just not worth the risk at my age.

neilether
06-23-2015, 10:48 AM
Yikes! I stopped riding a hardtail. Just not worth the risk at my age.

There. I fixed it for you Steve. :haha:

tallsteve
06-23-2015, 11:11 AM
There. I fixed it for you Steve. :haha:

Ha! Nice, but I love my hardtail! I actually demo'd a full suspension 2 weeks ago for an entire week. Yes, there were some things I enjoyed about it and I think I PR'd on a couple of downhill runs up AF but, at the end of the week I kept thinking I want my hardtail back. Of course I timed the demo just right to coincide with replacing my old, worn out fork on my hardatil with this bad boy and it's made my bike just that much more enjoyable:

Iceaxe
06-23-2015, 06:18 PM
Yikes! I stopped chasing downhill Strava records when I switched to a hardtail. Just not worth the risk at my age.

It wasn't downhill where I crashed. It was an uphill route, but I hit a section where I knew the grade was mild for the next half mile so I really droped the hammer. I was in my big gears and was probably doing 20 mph. But Strava was still to blame as I knew where the Strava marks were and was trying to hang up an impressive number. I stopped chasing downhill records long ago.

nelsonccc
06-23-2015, 10:42 PM
I love my hardtail, especially since mine is a single speed! There's something about the simplicity, whenever I ride I full suspension I feel like there is so much lost energy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

accadacca
06-24-2015, 06:01 PM
Chasing records...I never do that. Lol.

Iceaxe
06-24-2015, 06:38 PM
Chasing records...I never do that. Lol.
Yesterday on Ann's from tunnel to top.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/24/a33ef4662ad87005f6337dd9c7438c23.jpg

And from Clark's Bridge to top of Ann's

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/24/1066199bee8f098eb5942e8be9bfe64d.jpg

Now you have something to shoot for....

[emoji2]

accadacca
06-24-2015, 09:17 PM
Like I said, I don't chase records. They just come to me. [emoji41]

tallsteve
06-25-2015, 06:44 AM
Ooh, Shane throwing down! Chasing that PR will have to wait for a few months as I'm having too much fun riding AF Canyon at the moment. By late fall, after riding all summer at the 8,000' level, riding Corner Canyon will feel like riding at sea level.

Iceaxe
06-25-2015, 08:36 AM
I'll be ready for you. I'm a Ride Leader (coach) with the Corner Canyon High School MTB Team and we started training last week for the fall race schedule. By the end of August I should be putting up some monster times :-)

dgw2jr
06-28-2015, 01:08 AM
Ooh, Shane throwing down! Chasing that PR will have to wait for a few months as I'm having too much fun riding AF Canyon at the moment. By late fall, after riding all summer at the 8,000' level, riding Corner Canyon will feel like riding at sea level.
I hear it's better to train at 9000 feet. I hear... ;-)

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/28/ca71b5493ca79740aacd34fa1cdc01c5.jpg

neilether
07-06-2015, 10:19 AM
Not much MTB-ing in Burley Idaho, so the road bike followed me up there this weekend. Long, tough climb on the road, but it was beautiful up there. Strava tells me that I'm the leader on every segment compared against the Bogley Club. :haha:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h206/neilether/IMG_1262_zpso1gx7gut.jpg (http://s65.photobucket.com/user/neilether/media/IMG_1262_zpso1gx7gut.jpg.html)
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h206/neilether/IMG_1263_zps3wqgkqxz.jpg (http://s65.photobucket.com/user/neilether/media/IMG_1263_zps3wqgkqxz.jpg.html)
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h206/neilether/IMG_1264_zpsswvh06hl.jpg (http://s65.photobucket.com/user/neilether/media/IMG_1264_zpsswvh06hl.jpg.html)

tallsteve
07-09-2015, 03:36 PM
Have been in Island Park / Yellowstone the entire week. Zero bike rides for me. I am dying. I can hear my bikes crying from here.

neilether
07-28-2015, 08:27 AM
I rode the Mill Canyon climb and Mud Springs descent in AF canyon this weekend for the first time. Mill is a long-ish climb, and alas super Steve has me beat on the climb. That Mud Springs descent is a little lively. Great fun.

tallsteve
07-28-2015, 08:43 AM
Mill is a long-ish climb, and alas super Steve has me beat on the climb.

Probably not by much I'm guessing.

I ran into Zoso near the 4-way intersection on Saturday morning but, didn't realize it was him until I was watching the "flyby". Looks like you were right behind him?

neilether
07-28-2015, 12:04 PM

I ran into Zoso near the 4-way intersection on Saturday morning but, didn't realize it was him until I was watching the "flyby". Looks like you were right behind him?

I was right behind Zoso getting to the 4-way intersection. It's crazy, you don't show up on my flyby, but you do on Zoso's. It's a shame, we were hoping to extend the ride to do the South Deer Fork loop, but we didn't have time.

tallsteve
07-28-2015, 12:07 PM
You don't show up on my Flyby either but the other guy you were with does.

neilether
07-28-2015, 12:10 PM

It's like 2 minutes or something. I blame it on your super speedy hardtail.

neilether
07-28-2015, 12:11 PM
You don't show up on my Flyby either but the other guy you were with does.

If you click on Zoso's activity (from your flyby screen), then do his flyby, you can see where I was with respect to him and you. Missed you by "that much." I'm a total nerd, but I love that Flyby feature.

gholt
07-28-2015, 04:48 PM
Just rode mix mountain from silver Lake Lodge to canyons. . I had to ride the lift down. That's neutral at elevation.

tallsteve
07-29-2015, 07:14 AM
It's like 2 minutes or something. I blame it on your super speedy hardtail.

Hey, at my age, I need every advantage I can get! I am unapologetic about my 23lb (w/pedals) weapon of choice. Not too shabby for an XXL size aluminum frame.

mxerhale
08-07-2015, 08:22 AM
Well, I finally got a dumb/smart phone and joined the geeks on Strava. I also have to add in my defense any of my rides that I note as being with Jack are done with my 10 year old son so we don't normally set any records on those, but he is getting better and braver every time that we go out. Hopefully some day he will be able to whip my butt up the mountain and it'll all be worth it.

Iceaxe
08-07-2015, 04:57 PM
I ride with my kids all the time. Those are some of my favorite rides. Who cares about speed when you get to ride with your kids.

mxerhale
08-08-2015, 08:09 AM
We have a blast on every ride together, half of the time he tells me he's dying and the other half how much fun riding is. It seems like after every ride we end up laughing our asses off about something dumb that happened like me tipping over or him falling off the edge of the trail, it's always funny later on. He used to love the uphills only, but he's getting to appreciate the downhill almost as much as I do now.

Sombeech
10-07-2015, 11:10 AM
Just throwing this out there, if I find a way to embed / share your strava routes or maps here, would anybody use it?

And... yeah, I know the Google Maps embed is messed up at the moment.

Iceaxe
10-07-2015, 07:01 PM
Probably not, we already have a Bogley group on Strava and I use Strava when I want to see where Bogley members are riding. And Strava has so many other advantages like total miles ridden and elevation gained.

accadacca
10-07-2015, 07:10 PM
I would vote to fix google maps.

Sombeech
10-08-2015, 07:35 AM
I would vote to fix google maps.

Yeah, I'll start looking at this again. I'm assuming one could always export their Strava route and import it into Google Maps

nelsonccc
10-08-2015, 08:48 AM
Probably not, we already have a Bogley group on Strava and I use Strava when I want to see where Bogley members are riding. And Strava has so many other advantages like total miles ridden and elevation gained.

Yeah, Strava is pretty good at looking at a group and comparing rides and where people are riding. Even if the map showed up here (like it does if you link strava to facebook) I still end up clicking in the map and going to strava for more detail anyways.

accadacca
03-08-2016, 12:51 PM
I've added a widget that shows our club activity on the right side bar. :cool2:

Iceaxe
03-30-2016, 01:04 PM
Worth watching.... :roflol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJm1y0o7MHc

:popcorn:

neilether
03-30-2016, 02:04 PM
There is a sad amount of truth in that video.

Iceaxe
03-30-2016, 03:45 PM
***KOM***

Hey, those KOM's don't grow on trees, particularly when you're 56 years old and hunting them in Corner Canyon.

:haha:

double moo
03-30-2016, 10:00 PM
I set a number of KOMs last week in AFCanyon... I forgot to turn off the strava and drove home!

My names on it so It must count...

gholt
03-31-2016, 08:22 AM
Awesome

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

neilether
04-01-2016, 09:39 AM
I set a number of KOMs last week in AFCanyon... I forgot to turn off the strava and drove home!

My names on it so It must count...

I'm surprised your email didn't explode with messages from Stavassholes who flagged your KOM as suspicious. I've done that a couple of time when I drive with Strava on. I swear, less than 10 minutes after an upload I get people freaking out because they lost their KOM and flagging it.

Good times.

Iceaxe
10-22-2016, 10:28 AM
So I just crossed 2000 miles for the year on my mountain bike and 99% of those miles are in the dirt. I've also climbed 230,001' so far this year. I'm pretty dang happy about that.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161022/c7de5c26206150281e39568769b1a240.jpg

gholt
10-22-2016, 11:06 AM
Impressive indeed. I think I'm at about 500 miles.

tallsteve
10-31-2016, 07:42 AM
Good on 'ya! My numbers are way down this year compared to the last few. I blame it on my AF Canyon volunteer trailwork commitment. There just seemed to always be a lot to do. More than normal. I just turned in my hours for the season to the Forest Service (beginning of October to end of September). 132 hours. Looking at it another way, if my mtn. bike rides average 2 hours (which they do), that's 66 rides I missed out on because I was up the canyon doing trailwork instead. I'm proud of what I accomplish up the canyon so, not complaining. It was still a good year!

Here's me receiving a volunteer of the year recognition award this past June, for 10 years of traiwork volunteering, from the head of the US Forest Service. 85200

Iceaxe
11-11-2017, 02:24 PM
Yo bitchez... I just passed 2000 miles for the year, all on my mountain bike and 99% in the dirt. After I seperated my shoulder I didn't know if I'd make it this year as the magic 2000 number has been my goal the last few years.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171111/46eae3f39943f18b8ede1de897fdd24c.jpg

Sombeech
11-13-2017, 01:08 PM
I got 2000 likes on an ebike post I made on Facebook. Same thing.

gholt
11-13-2017, 02:34 PM
Yo bitchez... I just passed 2000 miles for the year, all on my mountain bike and 99% in the dirt. After I seperated my shoulder I didn't know if I'd make it this year as the magic 2000 number has been my goal the last few years.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171111/46eae3f39943f18b8ede1de897fdd24c.jpgGood job. I think I've hit about 500.

Iceaxe
12-21-2017, 06:18 PM
Boom! Now y'all can bask in my MTB glory.

https://2017.strava.com/en-us/videos/e80da0315d25d78af39397ee8024161234951af1/

2017 stats
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171222/81f336be72c5181e1445ed49a311967f.jpg

Iceaxe
12-22-2017, 10:00 AM
Just for fun... here is my 2017 and 2016 MTB stats. I was actually on track for a little better 2017 until a MTB crash separated my shoulder. This is all mountain bike and 99% on dirt, none of that candyass road bike crap.

Distance 2,210.0 mi
Time 256h 49m
Elev Gain 256,155 ft
Rides 177

Distance 2,316.5 mi
Time 268h 38m
Elev Gain 265,984 ft
Rides 190

tallsteve
12-28-2017, 08:52 AM
I knew my 2017 stats would be lower than usual going into it. I normally just do a teeny bit of musical theater here and there but, this year I did 3 shows, pretty much back-to-back. From March to just last week, I was either in rehearsal or performing the show and just didn't have hardly any spare time. Anyway, with all I had going on, I'm OK with where I ended up. Zero pavement, all on dirt or snow.

Distance
1,401.8 mi

Time
193h 43m

Elev Gain
215,420 ft

Rides

Iceaxe
02-17-2018, 02:58 PM
I'm averaging about 50 miles a week and 6000 feet of elevation on my mountain bike. The only thing that's crazy about those numbers for me is they are being posted in January and February.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180217/0b7f12a0751fb907f17c9a65e27bf1f4.jpg

tallsteve
02-19-2018, 10:29 AM
My Strava stats in 2018 so far:

Pretty much all fatbike, with a couple of rides on dirt at Valley Vista. There's been some good snow riding if you know where to find it, even during this pitiful winter.

Iceaxe
11-14-2018, 09:15 AM
WTF!!!

We have guys on motorcycles logging miles on the Bogley MTB Strava group.... Not Cool!

:angryfire:

Iceaxe
12-24-2018, 01:14 PM
I might get a couple more rides in this year, but just in case I forget here is how my year is going. It looks like I'm pretty much right on my normal pace. All mountain bike, all the time.

Distance 2,200.1 mi
Time 255h 57m
Elev Gain 257,710 ft
Rides 183

Distance 2,210.0 mi
Time 256h 49m
Elev Gain 256,155 ft
Rides 177

Distance 2,316.5 mi
Time 268h 38m
Elev Gain 265,984 ft
Rides 190

gholt
12-24-2018, 01:41 PM
Nice.

accadacca
12-24-2018, 07:58 PM
I didn’t do very well on the MTB.

Rides 44
Hours 53
Distance 387
Elevation Gain 45k

If you add time on my Motorcycles it would look a little better. 8 tours (40 days, 8,000 mi) on my big bike and a maybe a dozen rides on my dirt bike.

Iceaxe
01-06-2019, 08:05 PM
This is pretty cool... my year on Strava...

https://2018.strava.com/en-us/video/e80da0315d25d78af39397ee8024161234951af1

Climb-Utah.com

gholt
01-06-2019, 08:29 PM
Here's mine but kinda lame compared to yours.

https://2018.strava.com/en-us/video/23b025bcc690dc4bce5cfd4e18b272a14ad4bde0

BasinCruiser
12-11-2019, 05:20 AM
I think someone wants to join the club.

When did Strava become Tinder?

Another request. This chick won’t leave me alone.

Sombeech
12-11-2019, 07:15 AM
Damn I guess I need to start using Strava again

Iceaxe
12-31-2019, 10:47 AM
Since I began keeping track of my MTB riding on Strava in 2015 this is my best year ever and because of heavy snow I actually got a late start. It's been a great year with lots of fun rides and two gold medals at the World Senior Games. Living the dream.....

Distance
2,329.9 mi

Time
349h 29m

Elev Gain
277,582 ft

Rides

accadacca
05-07-2020, 11:56 AM
My son Brady joined the club. I think some of Shane’s climbing records in corner canyon are in serious jeopardy or already gone. I’ll have to get a 29er one day and try to catch up with you guys. He’s getting much faster downhill, but I’ve still got him there.

Iceaxe
05-07-2020, 12:16 PM
I think some of Shane’s climbing records in corner canyon are in serious jeopardy or already gone.

I certainly hope he can beat me.... I'm a 60 y/o grandpa.

:lol8:

And I just looked. Brady has some great times. I hope there is a NICA season so he can show it off. :2thumbs:

accadacca
05-07-2020, 12:26 PM
I certainly hope he can beat me.... I'm a 60 y/o grandpa.

:lol8:

I’m convinced that age is just a number. My Dad is 74 and has more energy then most.

Iceaxe
05-07-2020, 03:51 PM
I’m convinced that age is just a number. My Dad is 74 and has more energy then most.
Talk to me again when your 60, or even 50.... father time tries to kick the shit out of you every day after 50... you have to work twice as hard just to keep what you have. Guys that stay active seem to weather the storm much better, because once you lose what you have you can't get it back.

Or at least that's my two cents...

Here's today's workout... tell Brady to go match that ;-)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200507/63290812c6177fa11c3537b42fb4f0bf.jpg

accadacca
05-07-2020, 06:50 PM
Talk to me again when your 60, or even 50.... father time tries to kick the shit out of you every day after 50... you have to work twice as hard just to keep what you have. Guys that stay active seem to weather the storm much better, because once you lose what you have you can't get it back.

Here's today's workout... tell Brady to go match that ;-)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200507/63290812c6177fa11c3537b42fb4f0bf.jpg

He had climbed 2,600 feet and 23-25 miles. Pretty solid average speed. His Strava messed up on the milage as you can see that straight line which happens sometimes on Android for some reason. He rode up from the EQ over to coyote, canyon, down rush, back up canyon, then a couple laps on peak view and then down ghost, rattler and limelight. I did part of it, 14 miles and 1,900.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200508/3966c4996129fffea556c1844f96e9c8.jpg

rockgremlin
05-13-2020, 12:57 PM

Hell, I've noticed it at 40. It's really frustrating. No wonder the uber-rich celebrities drop a small fortune on supplements like HGH and steroids.

Iceaxe
05-13-2020, 02:05 PM
40 wasn't too bad for me... all I had to do then was stop drinking a 6 pack of Mountain Dew every day and I was good for another 5 years.

At one time I was a huge Mtn Dew junkie.

Iceaxe
01-01-2021, 03:17 AM
Distance 2,170 miles
Time 240h 27m
Elev Gain 247,059 ft
Rides 172

gholt
01-01-2021, 09:47 PM
You rode a lot. I got sidelined in July when I broke my ankle.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Iceaxe
12-30-2021, 03:20 PM
Wow... Looks like I was really slacking on riding my mountain bike this year. Now I know why I finished third at the World Senior Games after going undefeated the past six years.

Distance 1,639 miles
Time 186h 38m
Elev Gain 181,272 ft
Rides 147

Distance 2,170 miles
Time 240h 27m
Elev Gain 247,059 ft
Rides 172

Distance 2,329 miles
Time 349 29m
Elev Gain 277,582 ft
Rides 179

Distance 2,200.1 mi
Time 255h 57m
Elev Gain 257,710 ft
Rides 183

Distance 2,210.0 mi
Time 256h 49m
Elev Gain 256,155 ft
Rides 177

Distance 2,316.5 mi
Time 268h 38m
Elev Gain 265,984 ft
Rides 190

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211230/1f833bd17c52de3f7f1451e6b8b4a17c.jpg

double moo
12-30-2021, 06:36 PM
Looks like you increased your climbing stats. Nice job!

Iceaxe
12-30-2021, 07:41 PM
Looks like you increased your climbing stats. Nice job!
I wish.... that was a typo... LOL...

Fixed now. 95% of my riding is in Corner Canyon so the elevation gain to mileage is pretty consistent.

double moo
12-31-2021, 11:25 AM
Far behind you...

Distance - 1508
Time - 160:39
Elevation - 152,614'
Rides - 117

Iceaxe
12-26-2022, 01:26 PM
I was such a f**king pussy this year [emoji30]

Distance 1,074 mi
Time 125h 47m