PDA

View Full Version : News Top 10 Trails in Davis County (Utah)

jman
03-17-2015, 03:20 PM
(Full Disclosure - This is a plug for my brother's website - www.thetrekplanner.com (http://www.thetrekplanner.com) Btw, for those interested in contributing an article or two - you can! Just send my brother a email on the contact page)

My younger brother, Jeff, created a list for the 'Top 10 Trails in Davis County' (Utah).
Check em out here:

http://thetrekplanner.com/top-10-trails-in-davis-county-utah/

Your thoughts - for those living in Davis County? Agree or Disagree?

1. Adam's Canyon.
2. Frary Peak
3. Deuel Creek
4. Elephant Rock
5. Patys Mine
6. Great Salt Lake Shorelands Preserve
7. Parrish Creek Pictographs
8. Francis Peak
9. Bridger Bay Beach
10. Davis Creek

Check the above link to see photos and more info about the trails.

Scott P
03-17-2015, 04:49 PM
Nice list, but I'd suggest substituting Francis Peak for Thurston Peak, just to the north. Thurston is a prettier hike and doesn't have a road to the summit.

jman
03-17-2015, 04:53 PM
Thanks Scott.

I would agree too with Thurston. It's a great one. I'll pass the suggestion.

Candace66
05-31-2015, 04:46 PM
Nice list, but I'd suggest substituting Francis Peak for Thurston Peak, just to the north. Thurston is a prettier hike and doesn't have a road to the summit.

I've yet to make it to Thurston! But I've driven up to Francis Peak. In fact one time, the gate was open up there and I drove right to the radar site. :haha:

Nice list, otherwise! Sad to say I didn't make it to several of those things while I was living out there (and I didn't know about the pictographs)...too busy chasing obscure summits or riding my bike (not to mention working full time-plus!).

jman
05-31-2015, 05:33 PM
I've yet to make it to Thurston! But I've driven up to Francis Peak. In fact one time, the gate was open up there and I drove right to the radar site. :haha:

Nice list, otherwise! Sad to say I didn't make it to several of those things while I was living out there (and I didn't know about the pictographs)...too busy chasing obscure summits or riding my bike (not to mention working full time-plus!).

Thanks!

Did you like the drive up Farmington Canyon though?

Where do you live now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Candace66
06-07-2015, 08:17 PM
Thanks!

Did you like the drive up Farmington Canyon though?

Where do you live now?

I like that road up Farmington Canyon! It gets you from the valley to the top pretty quickly! :haha: I wouldn't drive it in a passenger car, but I certainly saw other people doing it.

I live in Las Vegas these days.