PDA

View Full Version : New Member

GeoJim
03-03-2015, 06:58 PM
​glad to be here. Plenty of time in the canyons of Ut since 1974.

Slot Machine
03-03-2015, 07:26 PM
​glad to be here. Plenty of time in the canyons of Ut since 1974.

Welcome.

That is a lot of time. Which are your favorites?

GeoJim
03-04-2015, 05:28 PM
Not all slots. I hiked down the Escalante from the old bridge in the spring of 1974. Instant addiction! Moved to Ferron UT in 1989, then to Monticello in '92. Moved to McCall, ID in '95, but you can never really leave. We did lots of canyons in the San Rafael, but most had no names at the time. Definitely the usual stuff along the reef, but lots of others. My son and I have been going to the Escalante area - Neon, Egypt, upper Spooky, S. Fk. Chop rock... We're doing a Neon from Moody TH and back along Baker in a few days. We took the kids there years ago and they loved it. We're all hooked.

Sombeech
03-05-2015, 07:17 AM
Welcome to Bogley!

Slot Machine
03-05-2015, 08:04 AM
We're doing a Neon from Moody TH and back along Baker in a few days. We took the kids there years ago and they loved it. We're all hooked.

Sounds really fun. Let's hope the weather stays warm for you.

Please post some pics when you get back. We all need a fix! :mrgreen:

rockninja
03-19-2015, 11:20 AM
Thank you for the add! I have been in the canyons for several years now and I am 100% addicted. I am lucky to have got a guide position for NorthWash Outfitters and love the NorthWash area and any canyon in the Lake Powell area. Looking forward to an amazing year in the canyons.