PDA

View Full Version : Who's got Pneumonia?

Sombeech
03-03-2015, 07:15 AM
I've got it and it sounds like my parents are getting over it. I've had it for a couple of weeks but I was just officially diagnosed with it yesterday. It appeared to be bronchitis before the chest xray results came back.

I've been choking on some huge antibiotic horse pills that haven't done a damned thing for a week and then they changed my prescription to something else.

I've got a Snowbasin season pass this winter and was ready to give up on the season until it started dumping. Now I'm sitting, watching it snow, knowing there's powder up there and I can't get out for a couple more weeks.

Screwed.

Anybody else had pneumonia this season, or at least a bad chest congestion? Get ahead of it before it turns bad.

tallsteve
03-04-2015, 06:24 AM
That sucks. The last time I had pneumonia was a few years ago, during the summer no less. I had one of the leads in "Arsenic and Old Lace" and had 25 or so performances to do. I was so, so sick and kept having coughing fits on stage. Fortunately, I was playing the bad guy so I acted like it was just part of his character. Good thing it wasn't a musical!

Sombeech
03-04-2015, 07:31 AM
Oh the coughing.... I think I'm going to have 6 pack abs after I get through with this round.

The thought of an uncontrollable cough attach is terrifying. When you feel that itch in the back of your throat, and you're in a meeting or another setting where you absolutely shouldn't be drawing attention to youself.... you start to play mind games like "I can ignore this irritation. I have control over my body. I can do this. The mind is more powerfCOUGHCOUGHCOUGHCOUGHCOUGHCOUGHCOUGHCOUGH

pant pant oh my gosh pant

COUGHCOUGHCOUGHCOUGHCOUGHCOUGH repeat until you pass out

savanna3313
03-05-2015, 08:33 AM
I developed bronchial pneumonia after I left the hospital following partial thyroid removal in late December. Cancer free (thankfully!) but still lost 2/3 of my thyroid and now the doctor is trying to regulate my hormone levels (oh yeah.......this has been so much fun!) :crazy: Then an emergency "lady" surgery in February.....other than that, things are just hunky dory! :2thumbs: Must be the stage of life I am in.......called gettin' old!!! LOL

Sombeech
03-08-2015, 09:29 PM
I developed bronchial pneumonia after I left the hospital following partial thyroid removal in late December. Cancer free (thankfully!) but still lost 2/3 of my thyroid and now the doctor is trying to regulate my hormone levels (oh yeah.......this has been so much fun!) :crazy: Then an emergency "lady" surgery in February.....other than that, things are just hunky dory! :2thumbs: Must be the stage of life I am in.......called gettin' old!!! LOL

Yowza! Hang in there girl!