PDA

View Full Version : Getting used to a 2 smokie

Mtnseeker1
02-05-2015, 10:36 PM
This bike rocks for desert fun and has that scare the shit out of me attitude for sure but?
I am having a hard time getting her through the tech stuff. Not as easy as the 500 for sure so I find myself ready for the recluse faster than I thought.
So should I go with this or should I just calm the frigg down and do the time on this bike to get to know her?

RedSpecialized
02-06-2015, 06:45 AM
I put a recluse in my kx450 about 1 year ago. Don't know how i rode without it. Some say it's cheating to not have to use your clutch, i guess I'm a cheater than.[emoji104] For me it is by far the best thing you can to for a bike to make feel and act like it is lower geared than it really is in the slow tech stuff. It never stalls out and just keeps going. I don't have to worry about clutching and can just hang on with both hands. I love it! Get a recluse.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

mxerhale
02-07-2015, 08:02 AM
I've never ridden a 2 stroke with a Rekluse, they didn't come out until the 4 strokes got popular and the stalling started... When I was racing back in the 90s and early 2000s my 2 stroke clutches could take a ton of abuse and keep coming back for more, as opposed to the 4 strokes that heated up real fast and would start to fade if used very much at all. I was taught to hammer the crap out of the clutch on those ring-a dingers to tame the hit of power and get traction, the 4 strokes nowadays are a lot easier to ride with the throttle being the traction control device for the most part.

fourtycal
02-07-2015, 07:20 PM
If your new 300 is an MX bike you may need to think about a low-mid range pipe. A new FMF Gnarly will help a ton in the tight stuff. And I hate to imagine how hard life would be without a Recluse!

moab mark
02-21-2015, 07:02 AM
I've got rekluse in my 300 best money spent.

Mtnseeker1
06-01-2015, 03:36 PM
The great thing about a two smoke is with a clutch you have to ride them very aggressive. I have the 3.0 pro right in front of me as I type but what can I say I'm vey old school. Never heard to many complaints and lots of good talk but I'm kinda digging this bike the way she is now. Just saying?