PDA

View Full Version : Lottery?

Scott P
01-10-2015, 01:39 PM
So are you for it against it?

I admit that for much of my life I have been mostly against it, but after moving to Colorado and seeing how much good it has done for certain projects, I've changed my position. The downside is that I hate seeing people on public assistence buy lottery tickets. It isn't right (in my eyes at least).

Iceaxe
01-10-2015, 02:06 PM
The Lottery is nothing but a voluntary tax... I'm all for it. I guess the only downside is many people are too stupid to understand it's a voluntary tax.

People are not poor because they have no money. People are poor because they don't know how to manage money. So the poor people have a tendency to put more into the lottery, which at first seems like a bad thing until you realize they will soon be parted from their money by some other foolish method. At least funds from the lottery go to the community good.

rockgremlin
01-10-2015, 07:03 PM
For it.

Honestly I believe that if you lined up all the pros and cons the benefits would far outweigh the cons. Everybody I've ever spoken to about this who has taken a contrary stance always says the same thing: It's bad...

...and that's where their argument ends. When asked why it's bad they're not entirely certain.

In Utah, it's about as likely to happen as legalized Marijuana. In other words, it's almost guaranteed NOT to happen - which is unfortunate. Maybe if Utah had a lottery it could better afford that free public access community college that Obama is campaigning for.