PDA

View Full Version : "The Desert Sting" - Los Angeles Times article...

goomba271
09-22-2014, 07:22 PM
This one really stirred me up. I respect cultural resources protection but definitely have mixed feelings about heavy handed law enforcement.

The article also is interesting due to it's mixed media presentation which includes actual surveillance footage taken with a hidden camera worn by an informant...

http://graphics.latimes.com/utah-sting/

MPH
10-01-2014, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the article and video....I remember being in Blanding 2 weeks after the raid. I could tell something was up...Until there is a penalty for this; it will continue...No one went to jail? Really?

peterb
10-02-2014, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the article and video....I remember being in Blanding 2 weeks after the raid. I could tell something was up...Until there is a penalty for this; it will continue...No one went to jail? Really?

No, they just comitted suicide instead...did you bother to read the article?

jman
10-02-2014, 03:02 PM
You knew it was only a matter of time before this story came out with the narratives.

A great read but very tragic!

MPH
10-30-2014, 06:55 PM
That's a funny liner about not a funny matter....yeah, I know the outcomes. There was more than one person involved. I support the Feds cracking down, but don't bother if they aren't going to press for jail time!

QUOTE=peterb;562265]No, they just comitted suicide instead...did you bother to read the article?[/QUOTE]

phatch
11-07-2014, 07:32 AM
I really don't like the looting. But I'm disturbed by the damage done to the people in the sting and community too. Rural UT already has its issues with the federal government, as a generalization. This only hurt things more.