PDA

View Full Version : Here We Go Again (ugh)

tallsteve
07-31-2014, 09:18 AM
Ugh! I wonder if any of these clowns have ever been to Canyonlands.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=30941693&nid=148&title=14-senators-pitch-new-national-monument-in-utah&s_cid=queue-5

accadacca
07-31-2014, 06:31 PM
Clowns is an appropriate word.

DiscGo
08-04-2014, 07:53 AM
Law makers from over populated areas, always want to "protect" the lands of other states and never their own. This sort of thing drives me crazy.

Don
08-05-2014, 10:39 AM
Huh, I think it's a great idea. I'm always disappointed (but not surprised) to see Utah politicians failing to support conservation. Seems like they'd rather sell Utah than try to protect it. A whole lot of people HATED the Grand Staircase Escalante NM when Pres Clinton created it, but how many of you have spent your recreation time and money down there?

phatch
08-06-2014, 04:00 AM
but how many of you have spent your recreation time and money down there?

How many of us spent out time and money down there before it was a monument? I spent more then than now actually.

Iceaxe
08-06-2014, 07:24 AM
^^^ THIS ^^^

and just to set the record straight. It's not that the citizens of Utah were against the GSNM. It was that we despise the backdoor way it was created without public input. Than to top it all off that chickenshit Clinton didn't even have the balls to announce the GSNM from his new monument, he did it from the Grand Canyon. He never even visited the monument he created.

As far as I'm concerned the only thing creating the monument did was make the area more popular, add a bunch of red tape and additional rules to those who were already enjoying the area.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Sombeech
08-13-2014, 01:34 PM
Good or bad for the area isn't the sore spot. It's the statement that Utahns need to be told by others how to care for their own land.