PDA

View Full Version : Shady Campsite Near Zion

DiscGo
07-08-2014, 09:01 AM
As some of you know, my Mom has had breast cancer twice. Since having gone through chemo therapy, she is very limited in the amount of time she can spend in the sun each day. Do any of have any shady campgrounds you might recommend near the zion area?I would like to find something that doesn't have the KOA feel (of people camping on top of each other) but will still allow my Mom to camp in Zion.

Thanks

Scott P
07-08-2014, 09:45 AM
This time of year, I'd steer clear of the low elevations campsites such as Watchman or Mosquito Cove, for example, unless you can go to bed when it's in the 90's outside.

Camp somewhere fairly high such as Lava Point, near Kolob Reservoir, or around Ponderosa.

jman
07-08-2014, 01:32 PM
This time of year, I'd steer clear of the low elevations campsites such as Watchman or Mosquito Cove, for example, unless you can go to bed when it's in the 90's outside.

Camp somewhere fairly high such as Lava Point, near Kolob Reservoir, or around Ponderosa.

X2. Way too hot for any campgrounds in Zion IMO. Camping around Kolob Res. is fantastic and worth it (the 40min drive and good sleep).

Let's me honest no one is getting a "good" sleep at 90degrees. At that temp, that's when somebody cracks the wallet and gets a hotel. :)