PDA

View Full Version : Invite URGENT - Last minute call to Heaps?

Michael_WB
06-06-2014, 08:37 AM
Ahoy Bogleyites!

Maarten and I are nearing the end of yet another ADUCT* trip, and have a free day tomorrow. Anyone fancy joining us for Heaps?

We have access to a 300ft rope, plus our own 2x200ft, 1x120ft and 1x80ft, couple of potshots, various talon/grappling hooks,

Kuya
06-06-2014, 09:16 AM
I did heaps last week. It is tippy top full. Have fun!!!

Michael_WB
06-06-2014, 09:28 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the info... was it full enough in your opinion for there not to be too many tricky pothole escapes, and so manageable with a 2 man team?

Using the 'last person doesn't get into a pothole until at least one person is out downstream' policy, means that with a 2 man team pack tosses and hooking are the main solutions, as an unsuccessful partner assist could mean both in the water for a longer time, etc, etc. Hence why we would prefer others to come along too. Imlay was fine, if strenuous, but Heaps is perhaps a bigger challenge in that regard.

Kuya
06-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the info... was it full enough in your opinion for there not to be too many tricky pothole escapes, and so manageable with a 2 man team?

Using the 'last person doesn't get into a pothole until at least one person is out downstream' policy, means that with a 2 man team pack tosses and hooking are the main solutions, as an unsuccessful partner assist could mean both in the water for a longer time, etc, etc. Hence why we would prefer others to come along too. Imlay was fine, if strenuous, but Heaps is perhaps a bigger challenge in that regard.

we had one pothole that we got out of with partner assists. (one guy just stemmed over the top of it) other than that, we didn't experience any pothole escapes. Lots of swimming and jumping though :D

deagol
06-06-2014, 10:05 AM
I would LOVE to join you guys if I was in the area... but no way I could make it on such short notice. Good luck !

Michael_WB
06-06-2014, 01:04 PM
No takers? In the absence of more participants we will revise our plans to a less risky undertaking... off to Springdale to get permits in 30 minutes and do a late afternoon sprint through Pine Creek before dinner :cool2:

Bootboy
06-06-2014, 06:22 PM
If I had one more days notice...

LNT