PDA

View Full Version : Conditions Conditions of Leprechaun and Arscenic

Erez
05-19-2014, 11:56 PM
My girlfriend and I are looking to do some dry canyoneering in North Wash during memorial day weekend.
We've been looking into either the right fork of Leprechaun or Arscenic. Has anyone been there recently and knows if there's any
wading or swimming involved in any of them? Ideally, we'd like to stay dry :-)

Thanks,

Erez.

peakbaggers
05-21-2014, 10:48 AM
Try searching Candition.com. We were in that area the weekend of May 3, 4. Did Left & right Blarney, Middle Lep and Constrychnine. Found small amounts of water in all that could in almost all cases be bypassed with some extra effort. However, that said, the weekend of May 10 - 11 saw rains all throughout that area. East Lep seems to drain out quickly, at least to the point where you can stem over any water remaining after a week or two.

Iceaxe
05-21-2014, 11:27 AM
I'd be amazed if you found more than perhaps knee deep water in either canyon. I've done leprechaun while it was flashing and the deepest water was only waist deep in the Subway section. A bigger concern might be if the cedar gnats are out in the area as they can be a real pain in the butt. If you encounter them I've found switching to a canyon a couple hundred feet different in elevation often gets rid of them.

flatiron
05-23-2014, 08:40 PM
Probably too late to help - but just got back from Ticaboo & NWash. Did not do Leps but had several reports from those who did. Canyons all pretty dry, but after confluence of all 3 in hallway out are 2 swims because of recent rain. So do the swims then run down hallway to sun!