PDA

View Full Version : Help Buckhorn Wash

Scott Card
04-21-2014, 11:08 AM
I am going to Buckhorn Wash this weekend with a bunch of fathers and their sons and I was wondering where other rock art is located in the area other than the big (and very popular) panel just off the road. Any help would be much appreciated. Also, if anyone has some hike suggestions that would be fun for small kids and dads that would be good to know too. We have been there before and the kids have fun just bouldering but if there is a cool rock art panel or other destination to hike to I would appreciate some info. Thanks.

phatch
04-23-2014, 12:40 PM
I suspect Dennis could supply a long list.

From my limited knowledge, a backtrack to the Rochester panel could be worthwhile, or maybe do it first, then on into the Buckhorn.

http://www.redrockadventure.com/rock_art/rochester_rock_art.htm

Scott Card
04-23-2014, 04:45 PM
Thanks Phatch, I'll look into that.

oldno7
04-23-2014, 06:57 PM
Rochester is a great panel, well worth a visit.

erial
04-23-2014, 07:23 PM
About three miles before you get to the primo panels, there's some rock art in the vicinity of a cattle guard crossing. There's also the Matt Warner inscription that can be found about halfway between those two picto locations.

IntrepidXJ (Randy L) has posted several photo reports of san rafael swell rock art visits. You might be able to glean some info from them.

Might be out of the way, but a visit to Molen Seep would be a good one.

Scott Card
04-23-2014, 09:37 PM
Thanks, I'll look into those too. :2thumbs: