PDA

View Full Version : News Confused Japanese tourists trigger highway pursuit

jman
03-01-2014, 08:31 AM
I meant to post this earlier, this cracked me up:

Read the entire article here: www.thespectrum.com (http://www.thespectrum.com/viewart/20140225/NEWS01/302250023/Confused-Japanese-tourists-trigger-highway-pursuit-S-Utah)

"Confused Japanese Tourists trigger Highway Pursuit"
[SIZE=1][SIZE=2]The first night in the United States for a family of Japanese tourists ended with the parents being pulled from their rental car at gunpoint with their young son watching after their confusion about American traffic laws set off a high-speed pursuit in southern Utah.

The pursuit began at 1 a.m. Saturday on Interstate 15 near the Utah-Arizona border when the couple's car was spotted going just 37 mph and swerving between lanes, said Lt. Brad Horne, Utah Highway Patrol's DUI unit commander.

More than a dozen patrolmen were working the area in a special DUI operation, and Horne said he figured the car was being driven by a drunken driver. Horne turned on his lights and siren to pull the car over.

Instead of pulling over, the driver sped up to 75 mph and began driving erratically, he said. Her speeds fluctuated between 40 and 75 mph as she weaved across lanes and into the shoulder.

Soon, there were three patrol cars in pursuit with other officers closing highway offramps and setting tire spikes miles ahead, Horne said.

"It was literally red and blue lights in every direction," Horne said.

The couple's car skidded to a stop about 7 miles north of where the pursuit began after three of the tires deflated after hitting the spikes.

A patrolmen bellowed commands from a loudspeaker in his patrol car, telling the couple to exit and walk backward. Both directions of I-15 were closed as officers prepared to encounter hardened criminals.

Instead, a Japanese woman in her early 40s emerged.
[COLOR=#2C2C2C][FONT=Helvetica]
"She would walk forward, backward, spin around

Sombeech
03-01-2014, 11:51 AM
What? No shootout? These cops must've reached their quota already.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk