PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Google Chrome deletes scroll arrows

DesertDuke
01-09-2014, 07:41 PM
I had some problems with Firefox a couple of months ago so I switch to Chrome which took some getting used to and then what do they do?? They delete the scroll arrows. They just disappeared one day. What could they be thinking there at Google? Why would the auto update and remove scrolling arrows? What could the possible reason be? No way was anyone thinking "I wish my scrolling arrows would go away". ?

I finally added Rescroller to fix but it is very annoying to have to do so.

bigred72
01-10-2014, 04:46 AM
What? Still scrolling arrows for 5 computers I've been on recently.

Iceaxe
01-10-2014, 06:02 AM
Five computers in the house all running Chrome and all have scroll arrows.... running everything from XP to 8.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

DesertDuke
01-10-2014, 07:05 PM
Its some beta they have going and it appears that they have only inflicted it on customers they hate. Here is a link to one of the sites i got the skinny from. The bottom line is this:

Hi All,
We’ve continued to move a small number of stable channel Windows users have been updated to stable channel 32, and we expect to continue rolling out the update next week. A couple of things that have been mentioned:

Windows scrollbars: Chrome Windows users will notice that the scrollbars have changed to look similar to the style of Chrome in Metro mode. The cleaner look helps make Chrome’s style more consistent across different environments.

Aura: In beta the term Aura was listed behind the Chrome version, but for the stable release to 32 this was removed. It is the same build, just not including that beta terminology.

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/chrome/oALMlQeYnG4/H2fUxCTnmKoJ

bigred72
01-10-2014, 08:14 PM
Google Chrome all the way.

Bob
01-10-2014, 09:11 PM
IE 11 on my windows tablet, works right... every time.