PDA

View Full Version : Robidoux Inscription , quick question

Swimswithtrout
11-19-2013, 08:00 PM
Is the Robidoux Inscription TH navigable via a Hyundai Elantra ?

I'm leaving in few days for a 10 day road trip to AZ and back, and the site looks like it would fit in nicely on our itinerary, as long as we could get the Elantra up there.

I've read that it is OK for 2WD vehicles, but there's a big difference in clearance between a 2WD truck vs a small sedan.

How rough are the roads ?

peterb
11-20-2013, 07:44 AM
Ive never been there but there is this:

http://www.gjhikes.com/2013/05/robidoux-inscription.html

DOSS
11-20-2013, 08:28 AM
If it is a rental vehicle you will be fine :)

peterb
11-20-2013, 12:40 PM
Yes. rental cars are the best. I took a Nissan Rogue down the road to the Moonhouse Ruin trailhead last month. I was actually impressed...as were the folks in 4WD trucks that were already there. Wasn't sure I'd make it out though but it never lost traction or bottomed out. Probably my genius driving ability ;)...more likely the 16" wheels.

It is all about picking the right line.

Iceaxe
11-20-2013, 10:09 PM
Rent a racers are the bomb.... I once jumped a canal in one of Mr. Hertz cars. Other then a slightly bent sub-frame that no one noticed when I checked it back in at PHX everything was golden.... Bo and Luke Duke would have been proud of me.... the jump saved me from sitting in a 3 hour traffic jam leaving Phoenix International Raceway.... Hahaha....

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

erial
11-21-2013, 08:12 AM
From I-70 you'll have no problem in a rental car. A lot of the route is well-signed blacktop. Beyond the Inscription, further up canyon, the road becomes narrow and rough.

Swimswithtrout
11-21-2013, 05:17 PM
It won't be a rental car. It's my wife's "baby" and there would be heck to pay if I got it dinged it up.

That said, I've never had a problem jockeying my old Honda Civic up to the Spring Creek or Big Sandy TH's in the Winds.