PDA

View Full Version : Death Valley for a winter 3 day ride

Mtnseeker1
11-13-2013, 08:24 PM
I've seen some really cool riding that can be had in Death Valley but have never been there.
Just for giggles and laughs cause it is so far away is there anyone that might think this would be a fun ride in the winter? Maybe like a 2-3 day set up.?:ne_nau:

Mtnseeker1
11-15-2013, 07:15 PM
Hmm I thought for sure there would be some that would really dig this one?
Not to hot on the Idea of doing it by myself but this is one that needs to be done in the winter.

accadacca
11-16-2013, 07:45 AM
Need more details...

Mtnseeker1
11-18-2013, 06:38 PM
Heck I was hoping for some dates myself but what the hell?
Say Jan. 2-3-4 enough time to do the Holidays with family and still some time to play?
Set up a base camp and go from there I guess if anyone is into this?

Mtnseeker1
11-20-2013, 09:12 PM
Throw me some dates and idears here so we can try to get started on this.
If not then right after the new years unless there is a sluch advisory I on my way with or without.

It would be cool to ride this as a group but I know it's very hard to schedule this late in the game.:roflol:

Mtnseeker1
12-02-2013, 05:57 PM
Jan 2-3-4 Bring lots of fire wood with ya.:ne_nau:
ATV's, Jeeps are and would be a plus.
Ride the ride your up to and back to base camp in time for cold beer or hot coffee.

kiwi_outdoors
12-02-2013, 06:18 PM
its a wee bit cold in the New Year, per http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Valley. And daylight hours are short and the sun is low and weak (and may be in your eyes). Don't get me wrong, I like the place. Best place to camp used to be Saline Valley Hot Springs , but the north and south roads in to Saline Valley are gravel at best, and can be really rough in parts, or essentially closed due to snow, ice, washouts etc. in winter. So either camp outside at Panamint Valley, or in DV valley proper (or rent a lodge room). Spring would be much nicer.

Mtnseeker1
12-02-2013, 06:51 PM
See that's just what We need. One way in and it works well with the off road boys and girls.

Sorry Kiwi I'm just messing with you. Truth is we need something that might work all the way around for safety and fun.
Thank You for the imput. Cold yes. It is the desert. But warm in the day time.
And the riding? Well we will see.

You always have to have respect for mother and plan it at the worse she can throw at you.

@Kiwi Panamint Valley looks good can you give me some other advise for access?

Mtnseeker1
12-02-2013, 07:18 PM
I'd be just as happy to move it a little closer like say Warner Valley , Say the moon rocks where there is a bit of shelter from the wind but still some great ridding.