PDA

View Full Version : UDOT opens up new 80 mph speed zones

accadacca
09-18-2013, 07:06 AM
http://img.ksl.com//usersubmittedpics/10/1008/100813.jpg?filter=classified/mobile_adPic1

YES!

--

SALT LAKE CITY

Iceaxe
09-18-2013, 07:32 AM
Sweet... let the big dog eat.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Rob L
09-18-2013, 11:46 AM
Try driving on the UK motorway network. The legal speed limit is 70mph on all motorways...and if you drive at 70, you will be overtaken by vehicles doing at least 30mph faster.

BUT we have a lot of speed cameras (and average speed cameras) which generate big

Byron
09-18-2013, 08:24 PM
So the latest UK government "money-grubbing" scheme is to fine middle-lane hoggers, who don't pull over to the left (right, in USA/Canada land). Do you have the same in the US? (see pic below).

69431No we don't...idiots aren't fined here.

And for Christ's sake, make the stretch between I-70 and Hanksville at least 75!

rockgremlin
09-20-2013, 06:22 AM
"...80 miles per hour is the optimal speed."What was considered unsafe 20 years ago is considered optimal today. I think it's all a plot hatched by big oil...driving faster = burning fuel faster = more frequent fuel stops = more $$$ for big oil. Follow the money :haha:

BasinCruiser
09-22-2013, 05:12 PM
What was considered unsafe 20 years ago is considered optimal today. I think it's all a plot hatched by big oil...driving faster = burning fuel faster = more frequent fuel stops = more $$$ for big oil. Follow the money :haha:

I had similar thoughts, except with taxes. Driving faster = lower mpg = more gas to buy = more taxes collected. Also, with a greater delta between cruising speed on open Highway, and reduced speed through populated areas, increased number of drivers not allowing down in populated areas, so UHP can give out more tickets in those areas Win-win for government to increase mph limits.