PDA

View Full Version : Escalante Slots

LJF
09-15-2013, 07:26 AM
Hey everyone, new here and have enjoyed reading the posts. A buddy in Park City and I are heading out to southern Utah in late October and targeting the Escalante area as it seems there are a lot of great looking non-technical slots. I've done close to half of the Virgin Narrows and it was amazing so now looking at other slots.

I've got hip issues so I'm only able to do about 6 miles a day now and would love to hear recommendations on some of the shorter slots, lodging, etc. Thanks!

accadacca
09-15-2013, 11:32 AM
Welcome to Bogley!

LJF
09-16-2013, 01:50 PM
Thanks

Scott P
09-16-2013, 04:33 PM
Before deciding, make sure to check on road conditions. Right now the Hole in the Rock Road is closed which serious limits the choices.

I would recommend Boulder Creek, but the water is pretty chilly in late October.

I'm not sure about the Burr Trail road conditions, but if the road is open, Little Death Hollow may make a good loop, but may still be wet.

Of course there are the Egypt Slots, Zebra Slots, Big Horn, Peekaboo, Spooky, Brimstone, and Dry Fork, but right now the roads are closed.

LJF
09-20-2013, 03:54 PM
Thanks for that great info on the road closure

Sombeech
09-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Welcome to bogley!

walkthetaco
10-02-2013, 01:20 PM
Scott P is spot on. Always be prepared for changing weather conditions and be prepared to spend an extra night out if you are car camping/etc. I'm looking for people to hit any canyons/etc in Southern Utah/south-central Utah etc...I have Sun/Mon off of work ! If any1 looking for an extra person let me know! I'm new to area and would love to go on adventures with others !