PDA

View Full Version : Race Day!!!

Iceaxe
09-14-2013, 06:12 AM
I have spent all summer helping to train the Corner Canyon High School Mtn Bike Team. Today is the first race of the season and it's on our home track in Corner Canyon. We have 75 kids on the team making it by far the largest high school team ever assembled in Utah. For many of the kids it will be their first race ever. I'm so excited to watch them compete.

Over 500 riders are expected to compete today. Girls roll off at 10 am and boys at noon. Come out and watch if you are bored and looking for something to do, it should be fun.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

accadacca
09-14-2013, 07:08 AM
Very cool. How's the trail conditions?

Iceaxe
09-14-2013, 08:13 AM
Trail is awesome. 45 minutes until the girls roll off....

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Iceaxe
09-14-2013, 01:40 PM
The team.... lots of podium finishes including a couple first place finishers. Waiting now for the results to be tallied.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

accadacca
09-14-2013, 02:33 PM
Very cool!

Sombeech
09-14-2013, 04:35 PM
Hey so how do these races work out, I assume beginner, intermediate, expert in both male and female? Where are some of the other race courses?

Iceaxe
09-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Classes are men & woman. Freshmen, Sophomore, JV and Varsity. Beginners race against nationally ranked riders if they are in your grade.

They give individual awards and team awards. Corner Canyon finished second. Park City was first and Alta was third.

This is pretty cool because this is the first trophy ever won by the new Corner Canyon HS.

:popcorn:

Iceaxe
09-17-2013, 06:36 AM
By the way you put it, it sounds very exiciting:nod:

The best part about the format is all the kids are racing for the team and all the finishes count so it creates a lot of excitement and competition between the schools. At the end of the day the big award all the kids want to win is the team trophy.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3