PDA

View Full Version : My new toy....

Iceaxe
09-09-2013, 09:12 AM
So I finally found the Corvette I was looking for. Only downside was the car was in Albuquerque New Mexico so this weekend involved a really long road trip to drive down and pick it up.

70 Corvette
350 CI - 350 HP
4 Speed

The car is about 85% restored so finishing it should keep me busy during the winter.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

JONBOYLEMON
09-09-2013, 12:27 PM
So who got to drive it home, you or the lady friend?

rockgremlin
09-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Let's see how fast you can get to the Hidden Splendor Mine from I-70...

Iceaxe
09-09-2013, 01:58 PM
That's my hot young stripper wife... I drove most the way but she drove part of the way. We had two cars and honestly after a couple hours across the desert with no A/C and that loud exhaust rumbling in your ear it was nice to spend some time in a plush new car with AC and sat radio. You forget how primitive the old cars were until you spend some time driving one. By the time we got home I was beat.

jman
09-09-2013, 02:16 PM
Nice color too. Nice find

BruteForce
09-09-2013, 07:01 PM
Oh.. the 350. Too bad. At least its a 1970's 350 block. Could have been a mid-70's and very de-rated! Great find!

Iceaxe
09-09-2013, 08:53 PM
Yup... 1970 is the last year of the unrestricted engines. Beginning in 1971 the government got involved and began choking the engines with smog gear and the insurance companies put the brakes on the horsepower race.

As for the 350 I'm a big time small block guy. I can pull all the HP you desire from a small block and I get a much lighter motor in return, which is huge in a sports car where handling matters. That extra 120 pounds from the BB over the front wheels really hurts in the corners. Now if I was just going drag racing it would be a BB all the way.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Deathcricket
09-09-2013, 11:27 PM
Nice ride dude! Congrats on the new toy. My dad had one just like it, except I think it was 1969 and brown (he traded it for a Malibu recently). Anyways, drove his a couple times and those things are a lot of fun. just hope it doesn't start nickel and diming you to death like his did. But it should hold it's value nicely through the years for ya, very collectible and sought after. Nice find!

Oh, and if you ever cruz down to Saint George and want to take my 1960 bug for a spin, would love some input/opinions from a fellow enthusiast on the finishing touches I'm planning for it. Hit me up! :2thumbs:

Iceaxe
09-10-2013, 08:38 AM
We used to build a lot of VW powered sandrails. And in high school a lot of my friends had baja bugs. What have you done to the motor? Is that a turbocharger I'm seeing? (hard to tell on my phone)

:popcorn:

Deathcricket
09-10-2013, 10:30 AM
We used to build a lot of VW powered sandrails. And in high school a lot of my friends had baja bugs. What have you done to the motor? Is that a turbocharger I'm seeing? (hard to tell on my phone)

Oh yeah its a 2161cc engine with a turbo system attached. Only have it set at 7 psi right now and that is way more speed than I can handle. Here is a close up shot of the guts, but this thread is about YOUR TOY, not mine hehe. I'll toss up a thread after I've got it painted. :2thumbs:

Iceaxe
09-11-2013, 02:31 PM
I'm just getting this bad boy all cleaned up after the long road trip to bring it home.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Scott P
09-11-2013, 02:50 PM
I'm just getting this bad boy all cleaned up after the long road trip to bring it home.

For some reason I always thought that sports cars were female in gender?

Absolute Gravity
09-11-2013, 03:04 PM
For some reason I always thought that sports cars were female in gender?

Especially ones who's model ends in 'ETTE'

Iceaxe
09-11-2013, 06:18 PM
No way... it's got a 4 speed.... think of the gear shift as a giant penis. Chicks drive automatics.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Byron
09-11-2013, 07:37 PM
So what's the 10% that's left to do?

Scott P
09-11-2013, 07:57 PM
No way... it's got a 4 speed.... think of the gear shift as a giant penis. Chicks drive automatics.

Still, "I'm going to go take her out for a spin" sounds much better than "I'm going to go take him out for a spin". At least to me. :haha:

Iceaxe
09-11-2013, 09:56 PM
So what's the 10% that's left to do?

It's a factory AC car and the air doesn't work so I'll have to get that worked out. The steering has a lot of play so I'll need to rebuild the front end. Clock doesn't work. Horn doesn't work. Lots of trim pieces could use some tender loving care. Need to detail the engine and engine bay. Yada, yada....

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

agostinone
09-17-2013, 08:16 PM
I love working on cars--took auto shop in high school and worked as mechanic before deciding to head of to college (Mechanical Engineering). 1970 vintage offers a lot of "fun". These days you don't need to much skill to coax extra power from your car--just download a new profile to engine control module and your off an running.

I must admit though that the micro-controller has sure had a big impact. I bought a new 5.0 Mustang in 1986 and it put out 200 hp and about 200 ft-lbs of torque all the while getting 12 mpg. I just bought a new 5.0 Mustang and the thing pumps our 412hp, 399 ft-lbs of torque while getting 21 in town and 30 on the highway. Crazy thing is that Ford will let me install an aftermarket supercharger on it bringing it to 650hp and not void my warranty.

The best part, being an old fart it is less to insure the Mustang than it is to insure my 18 year olds 1992 Honda Accord.

Iceaxe
09-17-2013, 10:14 PM
My Vette was only $250 a year to insure and that is full coverage, zero deductible, includes unlimited road side assistance and unlimited towing on a roll back. Also I have no inspection or emission requirements all because I can register the car as a classic vehicle.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Scott Card
09-17-2013, 11:34 PM
If only my body was like your Vette. The older I get the more "inspections" I need at the doctors office and as for emissions, we ain't goin' there. :haha:

"Old age is not for wimps!" (often said by my 85 yr. old mother)

JP
09-18-2013, 08:24 AM
:2thumbs:

Iceaxe
10-18-2013, 01:50 PM
This week whenever I was bored around the house I would go out and work on detailing the engine on the Corvette. It's really starting to look sharp. Amazing what $10 is cleaning supplies and a little rubber dressing can do to dress up an engine.

Here is the before picture:

And here is the after picture:

Sandstone Addiction
10-19-2013, 10:42 PM
Amazing what a little elbow grease can do! :2thumbs: Looks very nice.

How does the undercarriage look? Coming from NM it probably didn't see much or any salt?

Iceaxe
10-20-2013, 05:27 AM
The undercarriage looks good. But the car is 43 years old so there is some weathering.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

accadacca
10-21-2013, 10:07 PM
Huge difference. :2thumbs:

Deathcricket
10-22-2013, 06:05 AM
Looking good man!

Iceaxe
10-22-2013, 06:56 AM
The front end is all apart and scattered across the garage at the moment as the front end is being rebuilt. The pitman arm and some of the rod ends were badly worn. The car should drive much better once it's put back together, hopefully by the weekend if I can find all the parts.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Iceaxe
11-04-2013, 09:17 AM
The front end is all back together and the car drives much better. Also did a 4-wheel alignment, which is the correct way to align a vette as it has 4-wheel independent suspension. That makes for a much bigger job than a typical front end alignment. The good news is my rear carrier bearings are still good which is a major (and expensive) problem with the older Corvettes. If the rear carrier bearings are bad you can't get the car to retain an alignment.

I also rebuilt the steering column which is a PITA as the car has the rare (at the time) tilt and telescopic steering column. Lot's of parts in that damn steering column.

And last but not least.... I replaced all the weather stripping in the car. That also was a much bigger job than I planned on as the car has T-tops and a lot of weatherstripping. You also have to remove the side windows and re-align them when you add new weatherstripping. That job took two full days but the car doesn't leak water anymore when I wash it. Fortunately I had a friend that does auto body help me with the weatherstripping or I would still be trying to get it right.

Next up is to remount the electric fuel pump and isolate it with rubber mounts to try and reduce the noise it makes.

Iceaxe
11-13-2013, 01:39 PM
Today's project was to remove the spare tire and check it out. The only problem was the 1970 Corvette's had a lock on the spare tire hanger and of course the keys have long since disappeared. I read on-line how to pick the lock with a curved dental tool. It took me about 10 minutes of screwing around with the tool to finally pop the lock.

The tire I found was a flat Goodyear Polyglas GT G60-15, for those of you to young to remember this was the hot tire in it's day. It was not a radial but was bias-ply. I'm pretty sure the tire had not been checked since at least 1986, because from the cars records I know the door locks were replaced that year.

The car is fun to work on when everything goes according to plan, which seldom seems to happen.

oldno7
11-13-2013, 02:42 PM
Nice project, Shane.

Iceaxe
11-13-2013, 03:18 PM
Things went so smoothly with the spare tire lock I decided to also remount the electric fuel pump with rubber isolators while I was crawling around under the back end of the car. Probably a good thing I did as I also found one of my fuel lines had a small leak so I replaced that. I think I'll quit for the day as I'm currently batting 100% on repairs today and I'd hate to screw up that average.

Sandstone Addiction
11-15-2013, 11:42 AM
Did the rubber isolators help quiet the pump noise?

Is the electric pump OEM or did someone replace the mechanical one?

Iceaxe
11-15-2013, 11:54 AM
The rubber isolaters did not quiet it down as much as I had hoped. It did change the sound of the pitch a lot to something that is more pleasing, at least to me. The new sound is softer.

Small block chevys from the 60's and 70's all had mechanical pumps mounted on the engine block so this is something that was added.

Being an old school racer there are things I really like about the electric fuel pump. It's comforting when you hit the ignition and hear the pump because you know the engine is getting fuel. Which is one of the big three.... if you have fuel, compression and spark you know the car will run.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Iceaxe
11-15-2013, 12:01 PM
Now I'm trying to decide if I should swap out the original old school points and condenser for an electronic ignition.

There is a nice electronic setup available for $170 that sits under the stock distributor cap and uses the stock distributor. You can't tell the car has been switched to the more dependable electronic ignition unless you remove the cap. With that setup you can also switch back to points in about 30 minutes if I ever sold the car to a real purist.

Or maybe I should just stick with points as the car was delivered from Chevrolet.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

accadacca
11-16-2013, 07:56 AM

I need a ride in this car! Would love to come check it out when the sun comes out next week. :2thumbs:

Iceaxe
11-16-2013, 11:56 AM

I need a ride in this car! Would love to come check it out when the sun comes out next week. :2thumbs:

I'm always looking for a reason to pull it out of the garage and take it for a spin. eclipsee_steering

Iceaxe
12-09-2013, 08:25 AM
It was snowy this weekend and I was bored so I walked out into the garage to play with the Corvette. The emblems on the car have been bugging me for a while because they looked really ratty. I was going to buy new ones until I discovered they are $50 each. So before spending a$100 I decided to try and revive the ones I had. I went down to the hobby shop and bought $6 in paint and this is the results. These are emblems I can live with.

The before Picture

Front nose emblem after

Rear gas cap emblem after

As I was cleaning up I lifted the hood to check some things out and noticed a hose the previous owner had just cut off. Now I need to figure out what the hell that went to.

Iceaxe
12-12-2013, 09:34 PM
As I was cleaning up I lifted the hood to check some things out and noticed a hose the previous owner had just cut off. Now I need to figure out what the hell that went to.

Good news.... at least for me.... the hose was not cut by the previous owner. It's a vent for the vacuum operated windshield wiper door and is supposed to be just like I found it.

I was also checking out what it's going to take for me to hook the factory AC back up. The good news is it looks like it's all there. I even found the missing AC wiring harness. I was looking at the engine bay and noticed the AC wiring harness was gone from the compressor. I spent some time looking for it and then asked myself "if I jerked the engine out of the car what would I do with the wiring harness", I decided I would have stuffed it behind the fender well... so I checked and sure as shit that is where it was. I guess the first thing to do is hook every thing up and see what works.

I also ordered new door hinge bushings and pins yesterday. The bushings and pins were only $12, The problem is you have to completely remove the doors and pound out the old pins to put in the new bushings, Then you have to realign the doors and side windows. At least I have practice with the side windows as I've already aligned them once after installing the new weatherstripping. New bushings are supposed to make the doors open and close like new.

Iceaxe
12-27-2013, 03:10 PM
The T-tops were squeaky and I was told if I replaced all the nylon bushings it would stop the squeaks. A complete bushing set was only $18 so I ordered a set and today I replaced all the bushings. One of the old bushings was complete gone when I pulled everything apart and a second one was completely worn out and cracked. Replacing the bushings was a pretty easy job, but It will probably be a couple more month's before I get to rode test the car. It's sitting nice and warm inside the garage and it hasn't turned a wheel since Thanksgiving day.

Iceaxe
01-14-2014, 01:38 PM
Today with the help of a friend I installed new door hinge pins and bushings. The doors now open and close like new. The parts were cheap, $20 for everything, but to install the items you have to completely remove the doors from the car. The entire job was relatively trouble free and it only took us about 3 hours to replace the pins and bushing and realign the doors. Without my friend Sonny's help it would have taken at least twice that long as Sonny had done this before and knew exactly how to do it.

If you notice, many classic cars have really clunky doors. Replacing the pins and bushings is how you solve the problem. :2thumbs:

Iceaxe
01-15-2014, 01:21 PM
It's nice to have a roomy, well lighted, and properly equipped shop to work in. Now if I can just get the wife and kids to stop stacking crap on my work bench I'll have it made. I also want to add an air compressor so I can use my air tools.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Mtnseeker1
02-16-2014, 01:12 AM
Hmm my bet is on the dub start to finish line any takers.:roflol:
427 cross fire and all bets are out.

JK nice ride.
Both

Mtnseeker1
02-16-2014, 01:30 AM
Dam Death Cruncher:roflol: I had a 914 water boxer that never was that big but dam could she corner:2thumbs: 377 some shit I think, Good for about two runs was all.:roflol: but dam fast.

Mtnseeker1
02-16-2014, 01:31 AM
oh the block was a water boxer but still air COOOOOL.
I had it built and blew it up and rebuilt it and just gave up on it.SOLD

Iceaxe
05-07-2014, 03:33 PM
Holy crap.... changed spark plugs in the Corvette yesterday and I couldn't get one of the plugs to thread in. I spent about 15 minutes trying to get it started and nothing, It wasn't cross threading, it just would not start. Best of all the plug is one located under the AC compressor so I can't see what I'm doing as I'm working by braille. I didn't want to run a tap out of fear of metal filings getting into the engine. Spent the night not sleeping and having nightmares about having to pull the heads.

Anyhoo..... I found this awesome little tool to repair spark plug threads by back tapping. It worked like a charm and took 10 minutes. The tool works by extending through the spark plug hole and tapping from the inside out.

Powerbuilt 640811 14mm Back-Tap Thread Repair Tool (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014FGVVW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Iceaxe
05-09-2014, 10:14 PM
This afternoon I replaced my leaky valve cover gaskets. Everything went smoothly, which I'm discovering is very rare when working on classic cars.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Mtnseeker1
05-12-2014, 01:23 AM
427 crossfire????
NOT on the bugLMAO

I have a fuel pump and a 90 amp alt. for a 2.0 VW up for sale LOL.

kiwi_outdoors
05-13-2014, 06:56 PM
Holy crap.... changed spark plugs in the Corvette yesterday and I couldn't get one of the plugs to thread in. I spent about 15 minutes trying to get it started and nothing, It wasn't cross threading, it just would not start. Best of all the plug is one located under the AC compressor so I can't see what I'm doing as I'm working by braille. I didn't want to run a tap out of fear of metal filings getting into the engine. Spent the night not sleeping and having nightmares about having to pull the heads.

Anyhoo..... I found this awesome little tool to repair spark plug threads by back tapping. It worked like a charm and took 10 minutes. The tool works by extending through the spark plug hole and tapping from the inside out.

Powerbuilt 640811 14mm Back-Tap Thread Repair Tool (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014FGVVW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

yup - used one of those on the #2 plug hole in my Miata - doing ok so far.

Iceaxe
05-20-2014, 04:07 PM
Just finished installing new spark plug wires in the Corvette. Every wire had to be hand built to clear the headers. It was an interesting process to say the least. Next up is to swap the points out for an electronic module.

Iceaxe
05-23-2014, 09:52 AM
In her birthday suit.... my baby is 44 years old today.

Mtnseeker1
05-25-2014, 12:07 AM
I still have a few parts left over for them VW 2 ltrs. Fuel pump and a 75 or 90 amp alt. And maybe a few other goodies from my westy days.
aCouple of front ball joints if I look hard enough.

I gave up on VW cause they are worthless and always need attention . Something I hate on the road. IU gave mine away and somebody thought they got a great deal. :D

Even with the 18th made 914 76 VW want to be Porche. Laughing MY ****ing ass off........ Corners well but under stear is just a .............????? joke///////////////
When they loose it it is just like a top.

Iceaxe
05-27-2014, 11:34 AM
This weekend I converted the points to an electronic ignition. I found a cool little module from Lectirc Limited called Breakerless-SE that just replaces the points and condenser. It was as simple as unscrewing the old points and mounting the electronic module in the points old location. The reason I went with the Breakerless-SE system was no additional wiring was required and you can't tell it is not running points unless you remove the distributor cap.The system cost about twice ($170) what other similar systems cost, but this is the only system that is completely hidden without pulling the cap.

Iceaxe
09-03-2014, 07:55 AM
A year ago I bought a 1970 Corvette coupe.

350ci/350hp (L46)
4-Speed
Air Conditioning
Power Brakes
Power Steering
Tilt-telescoping steering

When I bought the car I made a list of what needed to be fixed or replaced to turn this car into an eye-catching dependable driver. This past week I completed the list when I finally got the AC blowing ice cold air.

Below are a couple of pictures of the car and the list of everything that was done to the car in the past year.

http://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.corvetteforum.com-vbulletin/800x600/80-corevette103_d6b63eca433e610fded224ffe0f81eb1e5981 cde.jpg (http://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.corvetteforum.com-vbulletin/800x600/80-corevette103_d6b63eca433e610fded224ffe0f81eb1e5981 cde.jpg)

http://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.corvetteforum.com-vbulletin/800x600/80-corevette102_2d6caa2b4d157ff00c8153bcfc20a68a1bae2 365.jpg (http://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.corvetteforum.com-vbulletin/800x600/80-corevette102_2d6caa2b4d157ff00c8153bcfc20a68a1bae2 365.jpg)

http://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.corvetteforum.com-vbulletin/800x600/80-corevette106_eb03989116200b7851f000c1db1b6572a8140 be6.jpg (http://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.corvetteforum.com-vbulletin/800x600/80-corevette106_eb03989116200b7851f000c1db1b6572a8140 be6.jpg)

http://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.corvetteforum.com-vbulletin/800x600/80-corevette108_36d99fad5dadec05afa3b8361733c1158275c f88.jpg (http://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.corvetteforum.com-vbulletin/800x600/80-corevette108_36d99fad5dadec05afa3b8361733c1158275c f88.jpg)

1970 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe
Build date May 25, 1970

Date: 9-13-2013 Mileage: 69,005
Lube, oil and filter

Date: 9-13-2013 Mileage: 69,010
Fram CA136 Air Cleaner

Date: 9-26-2013 Mileage: 69,150
New horns
New horn contacts (steering column).

Date: 10-25-2013 Mileage: 69,287
Rebuild steering column
New ignition switch
Replace steering ignition column rack
New steering coupler
New rag joint on steering shaft
Rebuilt front end steering
New steering knuckle
New tie rod ends

Date: 10-27-2013 Mileage: 69,294
Replace all weather striping
Replace drivers side windshield weatherstrip retainer

Date: 10-28-2013 Mileage: 69,308
4-wheel alignment

Date: 10-31-2013 Mileage: 69,312
Replaced tail light lenses
Complete with gaskets and screws

Date: 11-15-2013 Mileage: 69,320
(4) stainless steel wheel trim rings.

Date: 12-10-2013 Mileage: 69,438
Heater Isolation Valve.

Date: 12-12-2013 Mileage: 69,438
Restored (painted) nose and gas cap emblems.

Date: 12-27-2013 Mileage: 69,438
Replace Nylon T-Top bushings.

Date: 1-14-2014 Mileage: 69,438
Replace door hinge pins and bushings
Replace door lock knob

Date: 2-18-2014 Mileage: 69,438
T-Top Panel Storage Case

Date: 5-7-2014 Mileage: 69,475
Spark Plugs (AC Delco R43TS)
Distributer cap and rotor

Date: 5-11-2014 Mileage: 69,550
Valve Cover Gaskets (Fel-Pro #1628)
PVC Valve (Fram FV428 or DuraLast 198DL)

Date: 5-20-2014 Mileage: 69,618
Custom Fit Spark Plug Wires (Accel #5041B)

Date: 5-24-2014 Mileage: 69,644
Lectric Limited Breakerless-SE Electronic Ignition #38181

Date: 5-27-2014 Mileage: 69,660
Front Tunnel bellhousing Heat Seal
Factory Shifter Rebuild Kit

Date: 8-15-2014 Mileage: 70,099
New Aluminum Radiator (Dewitt’s Model: 1139070M )
Antifreeze
Radiator Cap
Service Air Conditioner
Convert Air Conditioner from R-12 to R-134A
Freon R-134A
Receiver Dryer
A/C R-134A Retro Fittings

Date: 8-22-2014 Mileage: 70,128
Air Conditioner Compressor Kit
Air Conditioner Expansion Valve Kit
Replace PRV valve with Conversion
Flush AC System
Freon R-134A
A/C System Dye
Replace AC Belt
Replace Fan & Alternator Belt
Replace Power Steering Belt

Kent K25
09-12-2014, 09:00 AM
OK so the Vette is gorgeous, love the matching blue interior, but this old post in here was too much...

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

You've gotta come up with some other justification for it being a "he" besides "think of the gear shift as a giant penis"

So you're driving around in him giving a constant HJ...that's what we're going for here?

Byron
09-12-2014, 07:18 PM
Aside from the AC, you've gotten it all dolled up for cheap. As long as the compression is good and/or it's not burning too much oil, I'd say you scored nicely.

Iceaxe
09-12-2014, 07:42 PM
The motor is brand new, along with brakes, tires, power steering, water pump, motor mounts, wheel bearings and a bunch of other items that were done by the previous owner. The car was about 85% done when I bought it.

Tap'n on my smart phone.

Iceaxe
09-15-2014, 02:45 PM
Let's go for a ride....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoU3IHQK7g0

Sandstone Addiction
09-17-2014, 11:38 AM
Beautiful car Shane.

Looks like you've already started to hit the car show scene. Do you plan to show it more? I'd like to see it.

Iceaxe
10-28-2014, 12:57 PM
I show the car when I'm bored and have nothing better to do. I don't know if I really care for the car shows, but I do enjoy some of the cruise nights as they are more laid back and casual.

OH... almost forgot. I installed a completely new AC so everything on the car now works.

Iceaxe
11-04-2014, 10:28 AM
Getting really to put the car away for the winter.... :cry1:

Iceaxe
11-18-2014, 08:23 PM
I put my baby in storage today, next time I see it will be spring... :-(

Iceaxe
03-21-2015, 06:52 PM
I pulled the Corvette out of storage today. And than I fixed the door ajar switch which has been broken since I bought the car. It's not really an important item and probably hasn't worked in 40 years, but it bugs me when everything doesn't work like it should. It was a bigger job than I first planned on as I had to jack up the car and remove the rear tires to reach a hidden access panel that allowed me to reach the backside of the door jams. But it's now done and the door ajar switch and warning light work perfectly smile emoticon

Mtnseeker1
03-27-2015, 12:42 AM
I've had a few odd ball 914's and busses and vw's but that motor is a new one to me.
Nice job but the numbers have me really at a loss.
Might be a 35 horse mod is why?

1960 was like a 1300cc right? Slash 35 horse?

Cool thing is I can still see some dog house LMAO
Nice job either way brotha.

Iceaxe
05-29-2015, 05:54 PM
Finally..... cruzin' weather...

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/29/9f0a746b881fc85cd57f38deadf7b1eb.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/29/db22f0ef91e2ae2b67716dfce7cdd9f1.jpg

Iceaxe
06-18-2015, 08:38 PM
I spent the night at the SoDaRo Cruise with my hot young wife and sweet daughter. Best of all I won a gift card good for $25 in beer from The Break.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/18/0f3901b2071ffa0e944fb69d6056389f.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/18/d61b79c619168ddf01a91fe103d34e75.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/18/375ed94eb2a0c1be4ef757bf86ac3bba.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/18/3af5c458d578ce2c82b4839b523fd13d.jpg

Iceaxe
05-12-2016, 07:28 PM
My 1970 Corvette stickered for $6452.00 in 1970. That's $39,598.00 in 2016 dollars. I figure the car is worth about $30K if I were to sell it today. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything in life, but I found it interesting.

If you are curious where your car from days gone by lands here is a link to the governments inflation calculator.

http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl

Iceaxe
07-21-2016, 07:59 PM
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy a 1970 Corvette, which is pretty much the same thing.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160722/17b99d8dd2cd7d83b94775a36d846300.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160722/9af08dd767ecf44d4f6c6abe4cdd91b2.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160722/c6b9b51716f1212958428412e22555ab.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160722/3e5b214014a2d07855607dbeb49c4956.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160722/21e642c7e6ddd0e8f6f71c97ba0306b0.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160722/b1e4937d963e725448fec7c3f458551c.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160722/21099d90605831cd41d9bef3228344cc.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160722/15bd10443c60424b6b58aa650eec1ea6.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160722/a0ea85e3f5666af81fd5db29316a930e.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160722/d3d655bc93bbb2c8c21717136dc81c15.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160722/08e2c3df01fb781e8c771476058f7a7c.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160722/85e65077a7ea4b3f8d8a6012af49a80a.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160722/26d344df069e8160774baeb7166db43f.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160722/d78262f6ff8f21eb44d3a7c31541cd6e.jpg

Iceaxe
10-04-2016, 03:26 PM
If you own a classic car you had better also have a big toolbox.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161004/e4141d8ebdc4adc00ca1bf591b9f66d1.jpg

Iceaxe
12-25-2016, 05:47 PM
I wonder if my Corvette thinks of me in the winter while hibernating?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161226/2026930b44826171fd01ea7f5ec3afb5.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161226/d2447d4568777af76cbbb4ddfd99c733.jpg

rockgremlin
12-26-2016, 09:54 AM
AccaDacca told me HE thinks of you sometimes while hibernating...

Iceaxe
02-10-2017, 04:30 PM
When I was young my father told me your car can never have too much horsepower. Or maybe it was the crusty old man who used to hang out by the school who told me that. Either way it is really great advice.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170211/b9288e8b7eb6e8b28bc7d2f8be781c65.jpg

Iceaxe
04-16-2017, 07:08 PM
Guess what I pulled out of winter storage today?

Iceaxe
07-06-2017, 02:16 PM

rockgremlin
07-06-2017, 03:28 PM
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy a 1970 Corvette, which is pretty much the same thing.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160722/17b99d8dd2cd7d83b94775a36d846300.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160722/9af08dd767ecf44d4f6c6abe4cdd91b2.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160722/c6b9b51716f1212958428412e22555ab.jpg

I see you've got it parked in the right spot...

Iceaxe
09-17-2017, 09:06 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170917/8287204a6149099f467ed4b91364e56a.jpg

oldno7
11-09-2017, 10:09 AM
Time to trade off your old car??

Iceaxe
11-09-2017, 12:26 PM
Time to trade off your old car??I've thought about it :-)

Iceaxe
12-12-2017, 08:20 PM
...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171213/fd3c085a94112e63085dab1d2bb604fd.jpg

Iceaxe
03-07-2018, 02:33 PM
So my daughter graduated college last month and bought her first new car last week. It's a new Mustang GT. The car is a blast to drive with 435hp and a manual 6 speed. It's always nice to see the apple doesn't fall from the tree.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180307/4e751bf4e80ca78ee4b017a2c52eb23f.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180307/e86c1db4cd576ca34aeb7547cfe130e8.jpg

twotimer
03-07-2018, 03:34 PM
Manual...you raised her right, dude.

Back in '85 my uncle bought my cousin Tasha a mint condition '69 Mach 1 with the big engine. I drove it...That thing was magnificent.

He had to sell it within a couple months because she couldn't handle it.

Iceaxe
04-21-2018, 04:09 PM
Guess what I pulled out of hibernation today :-)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180421/4b3bb8767b9e27d4e000640fdd98ddf8.jpg

Iceaxe
11-17-2018, 02:03 PM
I took a couple black and white pictures of the Corvette because if you had of taken pictures of the car when it was new this is what they would have looked like. Sometimes it's hard to believe the car is nearly 50 years old and was built just a few month's after man first set foot on the moon. This car started to roll down the assembly line while NASA was trying to figure out how to get the Apollo 13 crew home alive.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181117/39e2100d7c20f65f2cdabbb0d825b96e.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181117/c593b9ded3f6e19e6c2c0b33e2849728.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181117/95c6167e58fd5c0f6f0f50d81285bdc1.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181117/680368fed190a7b2854db4eb32f59a75.jpg

Climb-Utah.com

uintafly
11-19-2018, 10:11 AM
How often do you take it out?

Iceaxe
11-19-2018, 10:29 AM
How often do you take it out?
Not nearly as much as I used too... I put 500 miles on it this year, most of them going out to dinner on Saturday night.

The first year I had the car I put 2000 miles on it. The yearly mileage has been steadily declining ever since to the point I've considered selling the car. But the car is really fun to drive. You can't stop for gas or walk out of a restaurant without attracting a small crowd. A 10 mile drive always yields at least a dozen thumbs up and another dozen honks or waves.

My favorite was the time the wife and I were driving down State Street on a Saturday afternoon. This really hot 20-something chick driving a good looking lifted truck pulls up next to us at a stop light. The hotty leans out the drivers window and screams "I love your car, take me for a ride". At which point the wife turns to me and says "You never get to take this car out alone again"... LOL...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181119/c3728b51cd6bc1c977c2a00e1070e58f.jpg

Climb-Utah.com

uintafly
11-19-2018, 10:42 AM
Not nearly as much as I used too... I put 500 miles on it this year, most of them going out to dinner on Saturday night.

The first year I had the car I put 2000 miles on it. The yearly mileage has been steadily declining ever since to the point I've considered selling the car. But the car is really fun to drive. You can't stop for gas or walk out of a restaurant without attracting a small crowd. A 10 mile drive always yields at least a dozen thumbs up and another dozen honks or waves.

My favorite was the time the wife and I were driving down State Street on a Saturday afternoon. This really hot 20-something chick driving a good looking lifted truck pulls up next to us at a stop light. The hotty leans out the drivers window and screams "I love your car, take me for a ride". At which point the wife turns to me and says "You never get to take this car out alone again"... LOL...

Climb-Utah.com

The nice thing, is even if you aren't driving it it's not like it is losing any value. You can probably sell it today for more than you bought it for.

2065toyota
11-19-2018, 06:42 PM

Finally got some new wheels and tires on the car so we can drive more often and safer

Iceaxe
11-19-2018, 07:30 PM

Finally got some new wheels and tires on the car so we can drive more often and safer

Beautiful ride. [emoji106]

Climb-Utah.com

2065toyota
11-19-2018, 07:33 PM
Beautiful ride. [emoji106]

Climb-Utah.com

We'll have to drive it up north sometime to one of the car shows you go to. Its' never traveled on a trailer, might as well enjoy it. Ya, it gets a few rock chips here and there, but it's worth it.

Iceaxe
12-22-2018, 06:05 PM
If the sound of my Corvette wakes you up at 2:00 am.

1. I'm really sorry.
2. I'll tone it down.
3. 1 and 2 are lies.
4. I really don't care.

Iceaxe
01-01-2019, 08:18 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190102/565f4b86240f7edbb3ffe2c98047b82f.jpg

Climb-Utah.com

Iceaxe
01-10-2019, 11:58 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190110/c56a6b02b8c38ac9d2a4a0b97c519ca2.jpg

Climb-Utah.com

Iceaxe
04-24-2019, 07:25 AM
I sold my Corvette last week. I put it up for sale on KSL for what I thought was a crazy amount of money and it was gone the same day. The first guy to come look at it walked into the garage, looked at the car and says "I'll take it". He never even drove the car. He handed me $500 and said he would be by in the morning with the rest of the money and to pick up the car. It was the simplist sale I've ever made.

Last picture of the car I took before he drove it away...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190424/a7f2f298bf840ef2515dfee572f25ebc.jpg

rockgremlin
04-24-2019, 07:49 AM
Damn - were you just fixing it up to sell it? I thought that was your baby.

It's a great looking car for sure.

Iceaxe
04-24-2019, 11:15 AM
Fixing them up is the fun part to me... I'll be getting another toy, not exactly sure what yet but I now have a wheelbarrow full of cash to work with.

The wife wants a Viper GTS and I'm thinking a Z06 Corvette. If you don't know what a Z06 is Google them, they eat Ferrari's for lunch on a beer budget.

rockgremlin
04-24-2019, 11:19 AM
Try and outrun them...:lol8:

https://api.thedrive.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/chevy-corvette-z06-1005-hp-new-braunfels-police-car.jpg?quality=85

Iceaxe
04-24-2019, 11:22 AM
That's a Z06 Corvette cop car... nice...

Here are a couple of cars I'm looking at.. the first is a Viper GTS and the second is a Corvette Z06.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190424/07a970d3d7ef2e6bf2c3f5d8bba86a91.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190424/d0075bfb1f3c9edea936a263cbce8cc8.jpg

Iceaxe
04-26-2019, 10:22 PM
Even better then being married to a hot young stripper wife is being married to one that appreciates hot cars...

The wife wants a 650 hp 7th generation Z06 Corvette next....

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190427/e31ead31cdfbe54553e4451ff3f11116.jpg

Iceaxe
06-24-2019, 01:24 PM
If you would like to meet my new toy the thread continues here....

My New Toy - Part II
http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?79537-My-New-Toy-Part-II

Iceaxe
12-01-2020, 07:50 AM
One Saturday night I'm driving the 1970 Corvette down State Street, t-tops out, and the hot young stripper wife riding shotgun... we stop for a red light...

All of a sudden this really nice murdered black Chevy truck, lifted, huge tires, a small fortune in suspension upgrades, slides to a stop next to us...

Out of the passenger side window pops this really gorgeous 20-something blonde chick. She is hanging out of the window up to her waist. She is skinny and sporting a huge set of tits, the best money can buy. She is wearing a white tank top that is two sizes to small and no bra...

The well endowed young lady screams "I love your car, take me for a ride...."

At which point the hot young stripper wife leans over and whispers in my ear "you're never driving this car again without me"... hahaha... true story....

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201201/1ff08f2d1c46da291bdeadd065cca620.jpg