PDA

View Full Version : If you are around Zion this week - win a street legal golf cart

tanya
08-14-2013, 06:19 PM
This is a fun little event that goes along with the Kane County Fair. Please post! Golfers enter the drawing to win the golf cart in this picture. Tickets are $1.68637

Bo_Beck
08-15-2013, 06:26 AM
Where do I purchase a ticket? Probably have to get it at the Fair? Hope to be able to get up there Tanya! Cheers....btw- I've got another box I'll bring to get signatures if you'll be around? Heidi will send us both the edits for next printing for proofing and then we can update the web.

Edit: oops, I see that I've gotta golf to sign up! This could be very hazardous!

tanya
08-15-2013, 05:13 PM
No, you don't have to golf to sign up. lol Email me with how many tickets you want, and I will pay for them. You can pay me back when you get here. I have a box of books that I need you to sign too! If you are coming up Saturday I will be here. We can hang out at the festival and drink beer. ;)

Did you see in the newspaper that my son Trey won the Golfer of the Year award for St. George in his age category! Go Trey! :) My little golf addict. My oldest grandson (older than Trey) took 3rd.

tanya
08-18-2013, 09:59 AM
Clay Williams! An awesome guy who lives in St. George and AVID golfer won the street legal golf cart!

https://sphotos-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1012200_339105202887234_1885323173_n.jpg

Iceaxe
08-18-2013, 02:24 PM
And there is no way in hell that golf cart is street legal.... I'd love to see where it passed the NTSB crash and safety test or even a state safety and registration test which is required for one offs and home built vehicles (hot rods).

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

tanya
08-18-2013, 06:36 PM
It's street legal around here!

Udink
08-19-2013, 09:53 AM
And there is no way in hell that golf cart is street legal.... I'd love to see where it passed the NTSB crash and safety test or even a state safety and registration test which is required for one offs and home built vehicles (hot rods).
I'm guessing it's registered for street use the same way an ATV is (perfectly legal in many parts of Utah). Just add a horn, turn signals, headlights, tail lights, mirrors, and insurance and you're good to go.

Iceaxe
08-19-2013, 12:19 PM
I'm guessing it's registered for street use the same way an ATV is (perfectly legal in many parts of Utah). Just add a horn, turn signals, headlights, tail lights, mirrors, and insurance and you're good to go.

Not exactly.... it's much more complicated than that.....

The only way a "street legal" ATV can operate on a street or highway is if the street or highway is designated as open for street-legal ATV use by the controlling highway authority in accordance with Section 41-22-10.5, a person may not operate a street-legal ATV on a street or highway if the highway is under the jurisdiction of a county of the first class, a municipality that is within a county of the first class; or a municipality with a population of 7,500 or more people. (Note: Salt Lake County is the only county of the first class.)

The complete rules of what is allowed in Utah are posted here:
http://publicsafety.utah.gov/safetyinspections/docs/Street%20Legal%20ATV%20Requirements.pdf

But at least now I know what they mean by "street legal" golf cart, which basically means you can drive on a 2-lane road provided the road is designated for ATV use.

Iceaxe
08-19-2013, 12:19 PM

Not exactly.... it's much more complicated than that.....

The only way a "street legal" ATV can operate on a street or highway is if the street or highway is designated as open for street-legal ATV use by the controlling highway authority in accordance with Section 41-22-10.5, a person may not operate a street-legal ATV on a street or highway if the highway is under the jurisdiction of a county of the first class, a municipality that is within a county of the first class; or a municipality with a population of 7,500 or more people. (Note: Salt Lake County is the only county of the first class.)

The complete rules of what is allowed in Utah are posted here:
http://publicsafety.utah.gov/safetyinspections/docs/Street%20Legal%20ATV%20Requirements.pdf

But at least now I know what they mean by "street legal" golf cart, which basically means you can drive on a 2-lane road provided the road is designated for ATV use.