PDA

View Full Version : Update your GoPro app

Sombeech
08-04-2013, 09:52 PM
GoPro just pushed out some major changes in both the mobile app and the camera firmware.

Up until this point, the app could control your camera, give you a preview of the shot, and let you change the settings and shooting mode all through the wifi connection.

Now after the update you can actually stream the footage you just shot, on your phone! You can even download it right to your phone. Then with your footage now on your phone, upload it right to YouTube.

No more need to insert the card into your computer just to view your media or share it. You'll only need your computer for advanced editing.

The GoPro app is free on both Android and iOS, and remember to update the firmware on your GoPro Hero3.

Here are a few screenshots of the updated app options.

The front page

Preview screen

Your media on the card

Watch it right on your phone

Download it to your phone, high or low Res

Delete certain clips

The settings options. Much easier to change the film settings from the app then fumbling through on the camera.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

zkeys
08-05-2013, 06:24 AM
Awesome, I need to update mine when I get home!

Thanks!

Bluff-Canyoneer
08-05-2013, 06:39 AM
Thanks for the notice. I have been very displeased that I could not watch the already recorded videos on my phone.

Sombeech
08-05-2013, 05:42 PM
You know what else i just realized, you could have a clip of your friend they want to see, you just sign their phone into your GoPro wifi signal, with GoPro app of course, and then start downloading the clip to their phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

samabell
01-17-2014, 11:41 AM
My app worked at first,then when I updated it stopped. How many others have had this problem. It now says that it is authenticating then resets and does it all again and again etc. I also downloaded the GoPro suite app and very similar behaviour.