PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report The Big Bad Panguitch Weekend

nelsonccc
07-15-2013, 10:32 AM
A few of us spent the weekend camping and mtn biking up at Panguitch Reservoir. We left Vegas at noon and Friday, set up camp at the reservoir and then took off to go over and do the Navajo Lake loop. We started pretty late and got about halfway before we had to put on our lights. The trail was moist and tacky but not overly wet. The trail was a blast with the lights and the stars and the moon and campfires reflecting off the water. The trail kicked our asses at 8500

accadacca
07-15-2013, 11:16 AM
Awesomeness. I am always the guy stopping for pics. :haha: Glad you did though, excellent pictures and the area looks amazing. Yeah your buddy must of had a pretty gnarly crash. Damn!

Great report! :2thumbs:

Odie_Canyon
07-15-2013, 11:38 AM
The doctor said Christian did an Awesome job cleaning the wound. No scrubbing or stitches required.

Christian's comment in the following video sums up the first portion of Thunder Mountain pretty well:

http://youtu.be/-0TeAoiwdYE
Come downhill, turn right, go uphill

accadacca
07-15-2013, 11:41 AM
Nice! I thought the video would be the crash! :lol8:

nelsonccc
07-15-2013, 12:14 PM
Nice! I thought the video would be the crash! :lol8:

Unfortunately no video of the crashes! Sucks. If I'd had a Gopro I would have caught a ton of crashes. Next time.

On Jason's leg gash, I was out in front and I guess the other Jason came up on Ward laying in the trail in a ton of pain. They hollered for me to come back and luckily I was able to hear them. There wasn't as much blood as I would have expected from a hole like that.

Sombeech
07-15-2013, 11:37 PM
We had thunder storms and rain off in the valley that truly made for some amazing pictures. I found myself constantly torn between wanting to ride and wanting to stop at each turn and take pictures.

Exactly! You want to bomb down through these amazing scenic routes but there are such great photo ops that you struggle between taking a shot and cruising.

The other trails look cool too, I'll have to try them someday. I've only been on Thunder Mountain a couple of times in that area.

Deuce
07-16-2013, 12:18 PM
Awesome, thanks for the report & pics!

rich67
09-18-2013, 09:50 AM
Awesome! Love Thunder Mountain. I have started from both Coyote Hollow and from Red Canyon CG. Doing the paved ascent to the TH and THEN running the mountain is a mother. I liked starting off at Coyote and resting a bit at the CG before getting the car. Makes for a nice evening cardio workout.