PDA

View Full Version : We're number 2!!!

Iceaxe
07-10-2013, 11:09 AM
We aren't the fattest nation in the world anymore! Mehico now has the honors, and the desserts, and the main course, and the desserts again...

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/mexico_weighs_in_first_place_as_H9SVnsADtIaVUjnLgw fTsL?utm_source=SFnewyorkpost&utm_medium=SFnewyorkpost

Mexico beats US to be world's fattest country - but we're still a close second
From FOX News
Last Updated: 3:08 PM, July 9, 2013
Posted: 3:06 PM, July 9, 2013

The United States no longer holds the title of the world

accadacca
07-10-2013, 11:57 AM
I just passed 200 points on my subway card today. I think I put us over the top... :haha:

Iceaxe
07-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Sad part is American's are not getting skinny..... its just the Mexican's are getting fatter at a faster rate.

Or maybe the Mexican drug cartels are just killing all the skinny people... hard to tell down there.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Byron
07-10-2013, 05:37 PM
It's a shame that we've become so lazy that we lost our #1 ranking.

accadacca
07-10-2013, 09:35 PM
To the rescue!

http://www.coupons-collection.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/mcdonalds-coupons.gif

Byron
07-11-2013, 06:39 AM
I took this pic at the Hilton "Dolphin Bar" on the Big Island...there are tons (pun intended) of folks like this. I sat there watching playoff football and all these people chowing down on burgers, fries, and ice cream in massive quantities. If there's anything resembling a diet when they're home, then it's surely abandon when they go on vacation.

cchoc
07-11-2013, 08:51 AM
It's probably just that the thinner Mexicans are emigrating to the US, making the US seem thinner.

Iceaxe
07-11-2013, 09:02 AM
The fat Mexican's can't climb the border fence... :haha:

Scott P
07-14-2013, 08:15 PM
In all seriousness, a contributing factor is that in most places you can't drink the water in Mexico and it seems so many people are sipping sodas (Mexico is #1 in consumption of soda). In fact, even when we're down there we usually get a soda rather than drink the water. About the only time I drink one at all is in places like Latin America where soda is sold on ever street corner, but you can't drink the water without purifying it yourself. As poisonous as a Coke product is, I'd still rather take my chances with that than with the water in places like Mexico.