jman
06-21-2013, 03:03 PM
http://youtu.be/DZrjXSsfxMQ

Aj84737
06-21-2013, 05:47 PM
Dang that's just crazy.

jman
06-21-2013, 06:34 PM
Ya, pretty cool stuff. A backpack that repels water easily or a rope silo or something. Would be fun to test out.

spinesnaper
06-21-2013, 09:07 PM
I am thinking Tom should coat his ropes with this product.

Cover maps with this stuff.

This looks like Scotchguard on steroids.

Too cool.:hail2thechief:

mcweyen
06-21-2013, 10:21 PM
This is amazing! Wetsuit, shoes, gloves and backpack treatment would be perfect

accadacca
06-22-2013, 06:03 AM
Cool stuff. I'd like some on my iPhone.

I wonder how this compares to Nikwax, which I just used last night on my coat, pants, boots and 3 pair of gloves.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiLoN7wd9f_DVjOqfZB1b-RBKefFEtHd6

Jolly Green
06-22-2013, 11:38 AM
I'm spraying my kids with that stuff. I wonder how long it really lasts.

jman
06-22-2013, 12:38 PM
I'm spraying my kids with that stuff. I wonder how long it really lasts.

Lol, that's what I was thinking. Go swimming with it on. Ha ha

I asked my local Lowes and Ace Hardware and they both don't carry it yet.

Aj84737
06-22-2013, 01:29 PM
I looked for it today and couldn't find it either :(

jman
06-22-2013, 01:37 PM
I looked for it today and couldn't find it either :(

Ug..I'm a idiot, I looked up there website and they only sell it at Home Depot. Lol... The one store I didn't try. Well, back to the store.

qedcook
06-22-2013, 04:37 PM
Let us know how long it lasts when you check it out!

jman
06-24-2013, 10:00 AM
So I bought some at the Depot on Saturday and have tired numerous items (harness, gloves, . Very cool!

So it's a 2 part system (base and sealant) and it works on practically anything, however, suede or leather will discolor it to a grayish-tone. I'm wiping it off and it seems to work to restore the color.

I tested it on my backpack, shoes, and harness, and gloves.

It holds up exactly like the vid demonstrates. It did discolor the gloves a bit, but a little rubbing returned the color. But it held up nice. It made all of the items a tad more stiff , but that was expected.

Now for duration of the product - it does not say specifically in the FAQ. It just says to reapply when the super hydrophobia wears out. Which then says it can stand up to normal wear and tear. I imagine it will last a while without reapplying the spray.

The product mentions that it operates by using a layer of air. It is submersible however depths deeper than a couple feet won't prevent it from getting it wet. It's not a waterproof scuba diving product if that makes sense.

So far, I'm very impressed! I used ketchup and through mud on the shoes and backpack and like the vid has it, it doesn't stick at all!

Oh, and you might be wondering - how do you clean a shirt, pants, etc. that has the Neverwet on it. The FAQ says solvents or a pressure washer will remove the product.

Oh, and it was $20 for the whole package. And the product covers 15 square feet.

I'll try to post some pics or vids on the products later on today if I can remember. ;)