PDA

View Full Version : Conditions Neon Conditions

seth.l.craig
05-28-2013, 05:31 PM
Hello all. I am planning on doing Neon canyon with an assorted group and was wondering if any of you memorial weekend canyoneers could tell me the conditions. Specifically can you answer the question "To wet suit or not to wet suit?"
Thank you in advance.

mcweyen
05-28-2013, 06:26 PM
We wetsuited last Tuesday. It's not a must, but I would again. There isn't a lot of water, but it gets chilly in there.

MrAdam
05-29-2013, 07:56 AM
We went thru Neon on Saturday the 25th from the forkchop entrance and did not wear wetsuits. There were a few waist deep wades and no swims. The canyon below the sport entrance was completely dry except for the cathedral rappel.

seth.l.craig
06-03-2013, 08:58 AM
Well, we had a great time. We did not wetsuit up and we are all very grateful for that decision. We did not get cold in the canyon as the high for the day was 80 F. We went into the canyon at the "More Fun" entrance. There were about 3 or 4 waist deep wades. But probably the biggest reason we are glad that we had no wetsuits, is that we did the entire thing in one day. Hiking with a teenager and a man quite up there in years we were happy to not have the extra weight. Thank you for your opinions and experience mcweyen and MrAdam.

Mojave Silence
06-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Nothing deeper than waist deep, and that's only brief exposure. Not worth the extra weight for a wetsuit IMO