View Full Version : News 3 snatched women found decade later

accadacca
05-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Crazy stuff... :ne_nau:

This guy might be crazier. :crazy: :haha:

http://youtu.be/gcLSI3oyqhs

rockgremlin
05-07-2013, 03:35 PM
"...when a pretty little white girl runs into a black man's arms - something is wrong here!"

:roflol::roflol:

Too funny!

Scott Card
05-07-2013, 03:41 PM
I have been reading some of the articles on this case. This is one sick, depraved situation. I do not think there is a punishment severe enough in our legal system for these three brothers if they are guilty of what is being reported "from police sources".

Byron
05-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Personally, I think the death penalty would be appropriate. Rid the world of these stinking vermin. I'll be interested to see what the punishment will ultimately be, and what BS their lawyers will dream up.

I think this is a textbook case of Stockholm Syndrome. Those guys may have been able to pull of the brainwashing part, but in the end I think the main dude did something to piss that woman off really bad, then she decided she'd had enough.

Another thing...how the hell did the birth the baby? In secret, at the house? I reckon they (the women) will be making the talk show rounds ($$$) and will have to answer some tough questions. I'll tell ya, if this had happened to someone in my family, I'd be out to kill.

Iceaxe
05-07-2013, 06:02 PM
I'll tell ya, if this had happened to someone in my family, I'd be out to kill.

But you live in Colorado so You'll have to take two 15-round magazines because you can't buy a 30-round mag. :haha:

Byron
05-07-2013, 07:39 PM
But you live in Colorado so You'll have to take two 15-round magazines because you can't buy a 30-round mag. :haha:Two guns, one for each hand. 15 rounds each...should do the job. :naughty:

I appears the police in Cleveland have some 'splainin' to do, as they were at that house at least twice over the years because of weird stuff but never went inside.

Iceaxe
05-07-2013, 08:49 PM
Gotta love that Cleveland neighborhood.... Seems like a wonderful neighborhood to raise kidnapped girls.

:popcorn:

accadacca
05-08-2013, 09:18 AM
http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/253260_10151609569243676_795506673_n.jpg

Scott P
05-08-2013, 10:40 AM
Scary thing is, these women weren't found for 10 years. How many are still out there under the same circumstances?

Anyway, some other survival stories:

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/amanda-berry-rescued--when-kidnapping-survivors-go-home-191942750.html

Iceaxe
05-08-2013, 02:34 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/10s6p7a.jpg

Byron
05-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Is it just me, or does EVERYONE in that neighborhood appear to be in serious need of dental work? My God, what's up with that?

Reminds me of a joke: You know you're a redneck when...you have a 60 inch flat screen T.V. in your living room but haven't seen a dentist in 5 years.

Scott P
05-08-2013, 04:13 PM
Another thing...how the hell did the birth the baby? In secret, at the house?

Inside the dungeon-like basement of alleged kidnapper Ariel Castro, the Cleveland man reportedly raped his three victims for a decade, caused one woman to abort five pregnancies by punching her in the gut, and required a second victim to deliver his baby in a plastic kiddie pool.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/cleveland-kidnapping-victim-delivered-baby-kiddie-pool/story?id=19133593#.UYrdi6I3uSp

hank moon
05-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Is it just me, or does EVERYONE in that neighborhood appear to be in serious need of dental work? My God, what's up with that?

Reminds me of a joke: You know you're a redneck when...you have a 60 inch flat screen T.V. in your living room but haven't seen a dentist in 5 years.

The "hero" guy works as a dishwasher. Dental care is $$$$, and generally only available to those with means. Cheap or free medical care can sometimes be found through special clinics (or in ERs), but not dental AFAIK.

BTW, found this the other day: http://www.coast2coastrx.com/index.php

Great RX discounts if you don't have insurance.

Byron
05-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Dental care is $$$$, and generally only available to those with means. Dude...WTF are you talking about? Last I checked, a toothbrush and dental floss hardly cost a fortune. Do that, and then pay a visit to a hygienist every 6 months to scrape off the hard stuff. But I suppose the booze, cigarettes and drugs take priority, eh?

With all due respect, Hank...you really need to lighten up. I've always wondered if people that go thru life in constant PC mode actually die sooner than they otherwise would. Perhaps go fishing around and see if they did a study on that one? "Uptight worry warts die young"?

In regards to the free medical care...perhaps you should fly to Cleveland and spread the word? It appears that someone needs to educate these folks that this free stuff is there for the taking :nod: Funny, I point out what most people are noticing and you want to make a public service announcement! You are a tribute to liberalism, my friend.

hank moon
05-08-2013, 07:27 PM

Sombeech
05-08-2013, 09:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nZcRU0Op5P4#!

Byron
05-08-2013, 09:47 PM
That's great! Nothing is sacred, everything is ripe for parody. I love it!

accadacca
05-08-2013, 09:52 PM
The guy is hero, no question. He is obviously a very funny story teller too. That music remix is hilarious... :lol8:

JP
05-08-2013, 10:48 PM
I bet there is more that will come out, possibly some dead women.

Scott P
05-09-2013, 06:27 AM
When questioned about award money being raised:

“I tell you what you do, give it to them,” Ramsey told CNN of the cash. (http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/07/us/ohio-cleveland-ramsey/index.html) “Because if folks been following this case since last night, you been following me since last night, you know I got a job anyway.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/08/charles-ramsey-fundraiser_n_3238730.html?utm_hp_ref=impact

Anyway, it doesn't matter what his teeth look like, or whatever. Sounds like a good man to me.

Scott P
05-09-2013, 01:32 PM
The original story made it sound like one of the girls got in a car with a stranger for a ride.

This was not the case. The victim actually was offered a ride from her friend's father (who the kidnapper):

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/cleveland-kidnap-suspects-daughter-embarrassed-disappointed-124034692.html?vp=1

The kidnapper actually selected one of his daughter's friends. Even more disturbing. (The kidnapper's daughter appears completely innocent).

Byron
05-09-2013, 01:58 PM
[QUOTE=Scott P;534611]When questioned about award money being raised:

[I]

future
05-09-2013, 02:19 PM
:lol8: this guy is hilarious.

I thought he was going to take off running when he heard that cop car lol

Scott P
05-09-2013, 02:30 PM
He spent time in jail for domestic violence. So much for "hero"...

I didn't see that until later. Still glad he helped rescue the girls though.

hank moon
05-09-2013, 06:26 PM
I didn't see that until later. Still glad he helped rescue the girls though.

X2 on glad he helped...and that Byron is not a religious leader. :mrgreen:

Bluff-Canyoneer
05-10-2013, 05:37 AM
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

... Or by their dental health

Byron
05-10-2013, 06:38 AM
but by the content of their character.

For cryin' out loud. What part of "Beats women=piece of garbage" do you not understand? Yeah, I'll judge the man's character, alright.

Iceaxe
05-10-2013, 06:59 AM
Ramsey is a hero.... he might have done wrong in the past but he paid his dues to society... if we are judged by our actions you must include them all, both good and bad, and what I'm seeing now is a hero. I particularly like the part with him saying give any reward money to the women, I already have a job. That is class....

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Scott P
05-10-2013, 09:33 AM
Prosecutors may seek the death penalty for Castro.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57583777/prosecutor-may-seek-death-penalty-for-cleveland-kidnap-rape-suspect-ariel-castro/

Bluff-Canyoneer
05-11-2013, 05:09 AM
For cryin' out loud. What part of "Beats women=piece of garbage" do you not understand? Yeah, I'll judge the man's character, alright.

Problem is you judged his character based on his teeth before the revaluation about his arrests came out.

Byron
05-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Problem is you judged his character based on his teeth before the revaluation about his arrests came out.I suppose you're not paying much attention to this story, eh? Don't they have cable news down there in Bluff? Reporters were all over that neighborhood when this broke, interviewing anybody that would talk to them...virtually every person they talked to, the guy across the street, the next door neighbor, some dude that lived 3 blocks away, even the mother of one of the girls...had really nasty looking teeth, not just Mr. Hero.

I made a joke about it. Y'know, funny ha-ha. But of course I should have realized that some uh...certain people with sensitivity issues would take offense to it. Sorry to hurt your feelings there, guy. I promise (with cinnamon and sugar on top) that I'll try to be more uh...compassionate? in regards to this kind of thing in the future. Have a nice day! :nod:

Bluff-Canyoneer
05-13-2013, 05:28 AM
I suppose you're not paying much attention to this story, eh? Don't they have cable news down there in Bluff?

In fact, I don't watch TV news, too much fluff and plain old garbage. Get my info from a few print papers (mainly the Wall Street Journal, you might be surprised to find out) and the Interweb.

I knew there was a warm and soft persona hiding under that tough guy act you try so hard to project. Don't fight it.

Scott P
05-15-2013, 03:00 PM
This just gets more and more sickening:

http://news.yahoo.com/cleveland-women-held-captive-suffer-long-term-damage-022724049.html

CLEVELAND (Reuters) - Two of the women imprisoned in a Cleveland house in conditions described as similar to a prisoner of war camp suffered from severe malnutrition and will require long-term therapy for injuries such as hearing loss and joint and muscle damage, two sources with direct knowledge said.

The basement where the women were held had chains coming from the wall, and dog leashes attached to the ceiling, the sources said. The women were restrained with them and duct tape in "stress positions" for long periods that left them with bed sores and other injuries, according to two sources with direct knowledge of the investigation, who asked not to be identified.
Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight were in worse condition than Amanda Berry when they emerged from at least nine years in captivity at the home of Ariel Castro, accused of kidnapping and raping the women. Castro appeared to treat Berry better than the other two, the sources said.

"There is a reason why you have only seen a picture of Amanda (Berry)," said one of the sources, referring to the condition of DeJesus and Knight.

Berry, who broke down a door to freedom a week ago with the help of a neighbor, and then told police of the other women, was photographed smiling immediately after the dramatic rescue. Berry has a six-year-old daughter fathered by Castro in captivity.

In contrast, DeJesus wore a hooded sweat-shirt covering her head when she first went home last week, and Knight was hospitalized for days, and has stayed out of public view.

The sources said DeJesus and Knight were gaunt and had closely cropped hair when they were freed.

One of the sources, who has been in the house, said the basement had chains coming from the walls and "dog leashes attached to the ceiling." Knight and DeJesus told police they spent extensive time in the basement. A second source corroborated the details.

"One of the girls has difficulty moving her head around from being chained up," said one of the sources. The second source identified DeJesus as the woman suffering this injury.

"It was like they were POWs (prisoners of war). They had bed sores from being left in positions for extended lengths of time," a source said.

All the bedroom doors in the house had padlocks on the outside and the rooms were spare with only a mattress on the floor. Their movement through the house was very restricted, the women have told authorities.

"If he left for long periods of time he would sometimes duct tape-up the women over all parts of their faces, even their eyes, only leaving an opening so they could breathe. Then he would just rip it off pulling off skin and hair," one of the sources said.
A police report said Knight was starved for weeks at a time and punched in the stomach to induce several miscarriages. A county prosecutor intends to file fetal homicide charges against Castro in connection with the miscarriages.

The women, especially DeJesus and Knight, were now exhibiting signs of malnutrition as Castro used food as a means to torment them, one of the sources said.

"He would bring food to one or two of the girls and made the others watch as they or he would eat in front of them," the source said.

Knight and DeJesus would sneak food to each other, this source said.

Castro generally kept one woman upstairs and the other two - usually Knight and DeJesus - in the basement, the source said.
Despite their ordeal, a Cleveland city council member stressed that the women are reveling in their freedom.

"They are doing well, doing very well. They are thriving and enjoying their freedom," City Councilman Brian Cummins said on Monday.

The sources asked to be anonymous because they were not authorized to speak on the record. They were discussing some of the details of the captivity because they felt tight information control had left the impression that authorities ignored calls and reports about Castro's house that could have freed the women sooner.

Cleveland Police Chief Michael McGrath on Monday issued a statement defending the police department's policy of restricting information on the crimes.

"The disclosure of sensitive information and details of these horrendous crimes only further victimize three young women. The criticism of law enforcement efforts is disheartening. The dissemination of misinformation erodes the critical relationship between law enforcement and community," McGrath said.

Little is known about the relationship among the three women. Knight, who is now 32, Berry, 27 and DeJesus, 23, have not spoken publicly.

Psychologists say the women, who did not know each other before they were abducted, likely formed a bond that may have been strengthened by the young girl born during their captivity.

Knight delivered Berry's daughter in a plastic children's swimming pool and gave the baby mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, the police report said.

"The closest parallel would be prisoners of war," Sherry Hamby, a psychology professor at the University of South, Sewanee, said of the girl's possible relationship.

Berry and DeJesus, along with Berry's daughter, have since been reunited with their families. Knight, who is estranged from some of her family members, according to her grandmother, has gone into seclusion.

Terri Weaver, a professor of psychology at the St. Louis University, said although it remains unclear how regularly they interacted, the girls were likely helped by each other's presence.

"Having someone who has been a witness to those intimate details can really forge a powerful bond because there is a shared understanding," she said.

It is unclear how the women's relationship may develop as they put their lives back together.

Psychologists said that as people who have suffered traumatic experiences rebuild their lives, the bond is frequently maintained.

Other times, victims feel the best way to move forward is to put the whole period and those involved behind them.

Sombeech
05-16-2013, 10:01 PM
You know what's interesting though, of all the people supporting the murder charges against Castro for the fetuses because they were punched, starved, stressed, or what not... how many of those do not think abortion is murder?

It's a pickle.