PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report San Rafael Spring 2013

Udink
05-01-2013, 03:40 PM
This year's semi-annual San Rafael geocaching/camping trip had a cold start. Dave got to Price shortly before I was off work on Tuesday. I loaded a few last-minute things into the trailer and, despite the high winds, we drove south pulling our camp trailers into the heart of the Swell. There was a headwind as we made the long pull up Spotted Wolf Canyon, but I managed to do between 45 and 55 MPH. Not having Traci's ATV on-board probably helped with that. We pulled into our planned camp spot just off exit 131 near the Wickiup and found an older (1990s) Cadillac parked next to a tent there. When I asked, the camp's occupant, Dan, said he was planning on being there for the rest of the month. Not wanting to crash his party, Dave and I drove a few hundred feet away and found another spot, though Dan followed like a lost puppy and ended up spending a lot of time with our group through the weekend. For dinner Dave provided some jalape

BruteForce
05-03-2013, 04:45 AM
Nice! Did you take your Jeep all the way across the Racetrack?

Sandstone Addiction
05-03-2013, 05:14 AM
Fantastic report Dennis! :2thumbs: I love the shot of that tree in the Ice Box.

Looks like a few more caches on the Devil's Racetrack since I was out there last, looks like I need to make another trip.

Udink
05-03-2013, 07:44 AM
Nice! Did you take your Jeep all the way across the Racetrack?
Nah, just far enough to get to the one geocache I needed to find. That's on my to-do list for another time, though. :twisted: