PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Trail Running Wilson Creek Loop, Idaho

tylerhirshfeld
04-11-2013, 07:30 PM
The Wilson Creek Loop is mainly used for mountain biking, horseback riding and ATVing, but was in some terrain that looked beautiful enough and the distance was about what I was looking for. So we loaded the ATV, for the wife to ride, and headed off about 30 minutes south of Nampa, Idaho. We got there and as usual, the Idaho winds were cold and blowing, but I hate wasting days off work. The whole first half of the 16 mile loop is uphill with an elevation gain of 2000 feet, but follows a decently graded road. That was the easy part. But the second half, the beautiful half, that is barely rideable on ATV, kicked my arse! There was an additional 800 feet of elevation gain, and the totaled 2800 foot loss back to the trailhead. In all, I finished in a long 3:10 hours, not fast, but I am happy! The one of my face just shows the tasty salt dried to my face at the end. :haha:

accadacca
04-12-2013, 12:42 PM
Wow yeah that looks like a good climb, especially jogging. Like you said, it is always good to get out and not waste a day off. :2thumbs: