PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Morocco Canyon - North Wash

Iceaxe
03-26-2013, 01:34 PM
I spent several days last week doing slot canyons with my oldest daughter (Stormy) in southern Utah. Here is the first of several TR video's I hope to get out over the next couple of weeks when time permits.

I have to say.... I find canyoneering as a pair very enjoyable and relaxing. Particularly when the second half of the pair is one of your kids. It's much more intimate and personal then canyoneering with a group.

Enjoy the show. :popcorn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ms7_BG-QqU

moab mark
03-26-2013, 01:39 PM
Nice, did you hit hog warts?

oldno7
03-26-2013, 02:16 PM
geez, old man. You load her down with the rope and she still has to wait for you.:lol8:

Funny to watch her walking in narrow places, where your squirming, dang skinny people.

Liked the video.

Iceaxe
03-26-2013, 02:37 PM
I think we hit just about everything in North Wash, we were hauling ass and not really meaning to. We did the East Fork of Leprechaun in 1:45 minutes car to car from the Sandthrax campground.

Stormy likes to be in charge of the rope.... and I'm not foolish enough to argue the point. :haha:

One down-side is I ruined my point-n-shoot camera this trip when sand got inside of it.

SRG
03-26-2013, 04:40 PM
Great video, the music was suspect though :haha:

But seriously though, nice TR and thanks for posting.

Nice job filming, you can tell that you're bein' deliberate with the helmetcam.... my vids always come out a bit shakier.

canyoncaver
03-27-2013, 08:37 AM
Nice video! I love that little canyon. I agree, small groups are better. If you've got a good partner, and you both understand the risks, two-person canyoneering is the best!

Iceaxe
03-27-2013, 08:52 AM
Great video, the music was suspect though :haha:

I swapped out the original soundtrack yesterday. I think you will find the new one a little less headbanger.

It's hard to find good royalty free music.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Scott P
03-27-2013, 08:59 AM
Nice!

Sandstone Addiction
03-27-2013, 06:56 PM
Loved the video Iceaxe. :2thumbs: Looks like a fun canyon.