PDA

View Full Version : Dude... I switched your mission call.

accadacca
03-19-2013, 07:53 AM
I guess this has been going around. I finally watched it... :haha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUKInrGvuto

DOSS
03-19-2013, 07:58 AM
Sadly someone is so gullible (or uneducated) that they would think they would go on a mission where there is a population of less than 4000 and those being scientists and researchers...

DiscGo
03-19-2013, 02:00 PM
Sadly someone is so gullible (or uneducated) that they would think they would go on a mission where there is a population of less than 4000 and those being scientists and researchers...

Take it easy. Opening up a mission call (in this type of situation) is nerve racking. The guy believed this mission call came straight from the LDS Church, and he knows the LDS Church wouldn't "prank" him on something so important. Granted, the emperor penguin language should have been a larger give away that this was just a practical joke, but the guy was just racked with nervousness.

BasinCruiser
03-19-2013, 03:26 PM
Funny.:lol8: That's a good one.

My brother pulled a similar prank, only for his own 'mission calling opening and reading'. His good friend across the street had received his call about a month earlier. My bro got a copy of it, then whited out the name, mission call, date, etc., and typed in his own name, a different mission call, and date, etc, then made a xerox copy of it so you couldn't see the white out on the page. When he received his actual mission call envelope in the mail, he took it to his room, carefully opened up the envelope (not to damage it in any way), swapped out the original for the fake, and glued the envelope back shut.

Recall the incident that happened about 15 or so years ago, where the missionaries in a Russian mission were kidnapped and held ransom for a little while? Well, that incident occurred less than 6 months before my bro received his call. That same mission was the mission that he entered for his call. My parents were very concerned and worried that my bro was being sent to this same mission.

When he was officially opening his call for the supposed 1st time in front of family and friends, he also the bishop there to witness it. The date that he put on the letter for him to report to the MTC was only about 3 weeks away. The bishop and my parents were all scrambling trying to figure out how they can plan for his farewell sacrament mtg in the next week or two get all of his clothing and required items purchased, and make all of the necessary planning in shut a short time. He let them go on for like 20 min. before he couldn't take it any more, and told them that it was all a hoax, and that he had doctored it up, and was reading a fake.

Iceaxe
03-19-2013, 05:13 PM
It was a good prank....

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

DOSS
03-19-2013, 07:10 PM

Sombeech
03-22-2013, 06:28 AM

Tolerance - Pass It On

DOSS
03-22-2013, 07:56 AM
Tolerance - Pass It On

Education - Pass It On

rockgremlin
03-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Great prank. Should've signed it and doctored it up a bit more so that it would've rolled along a little longer than 90 seconds...