PDA

View Full Version : BUSTED!! - Youth Hockey Coach Gets Jail After Viral Video of Him Tripping Kid

accadacca
02-28-2013, 06:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgS2pcKT4NU&sns=em

Back in June, we brought you the story of a youth hockey coach in Canada who purposely tripped a 13-year-old kid during the traditional post-game handshake line. A YouTube clip of the incident quickly went viral online; the original video since been removed but you can watch the shocking moment for yourself in the clip embedded above.

Now there's an update to the story: The coach, Martin Tremblay, has been sentenced to 15 days in jail, according to an Associated Press report. Tremblay reportedly tripped the kid after his team had beat the victim's squad, and the boy broke his wrist in the tumble.

SEE ALSO: Watch This NFL Prospect Faceplant During 40-Yard Dash
But jail time is just the beginning of the problems Tremblay's trip triggered. Tremblay's lawyer said in court that the coach's construction business lost contracts as a result of the incident and that it destroyed his marriage as well, according to the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.

Do you think 15 days in jail is fair punishment for Tremblay's crime? Give us your take in the comments.

Source: http://mashable.com/2013/02/27/youth-hockey-coach-trip-jail/

JP
02-28-2013, 06:45 AM
:2thumbs:

Deuce
02-28-2013, 07:03 AM
15 days is adequate. He should also get a lifetime suspension from coaching, by the USA Hockey equivalent in Canada.

accadacca
02-28-2013, 10:54 AM
Yeah what a clown...

powderglut
02-28-2013, 12:03 PM
I'm not condoning what the coach did. That's bullsh*t.
What we don't know is, whether that larger kid who was tripped, was playing like a hack. I played hockey all the way thru to freshman college. Every once in a while you got a Loose cannon kid who would just cause mayhem out on the ice. Nasty with the stick, always tripping or grabbing, somehow always getting away with it . These guys are tolerated by their coaches because they can get the other team out of their game. I wonder if he is one of them.
Still no excuses for that behavior.:nono: