PDA

View Full Version : racing desert

Mtnseeker1
02-26-2013, 10:43 PM
I've rode with some very hard core riders here and was hoping to try to talk some into the desert race seen?
I know fourtycal and chet are seasoned racers but I was hoping to get a pull from others this spring?
I for one can't hold a candle in the race seen but dang if it is not a rush to try.
I always get my hat handed to me but it won't stop me from trying.
If you have not tried this it is hard to explain just how much fun it really is.:2thumbs:
I did the worcs race last year and never had so much fun on trails as I did the race.:stud: It is addicting.

fourtycal
02-27-2013, 08:59 AM
@Mtnseeker, Did you check out the Rhino Rally last weekend? It was in your backyard. I had a shooting tournament or would have come down.

I dont race anymore since some darned orange bike beat me to the finish line :mrgreen:

Coming up:
Notch Peak Whirlwind-Delta Sat. 9 Mar, 2013
Firebirds-Jericho Sat. 6 Apr, 2013
WORKS/Finishline-Sand Hollow Sat. 20 Apr, 2013
Sage Riders National-Jericho Area Sat. 4 May, 2013
Sugarloafers National-Cherry Creek Sat. 18 May, 2013

If you want pit help, I currently have open weekends March 9th and April 6th. The rest are booked with other stuff.

Mtnseeker1
02-28-2013, 04:58 AM
I did.
Ended up helping a guy from WY. That miss guessed his gas range and ran out 2 miles from the finish.:lol8:

Meet two locals helping out with the race so I have two new friends to ride with.

The guy that was in first was on an orange bike 2-t 250 or 300 I'm guessing and had a good 2 min. lead on the #2 rider.
That boy was flying.:ride:'
By the time the guys in about 40th plus were beat down after the Dutchman's pass. Seen about 10 bikes with plastic in various forms of destruction and lots of visers tweaked hard core.
Looked like a brutal race in places.

I think this is the first place guy.

fourtycal
02-28-2013, 07:40 AM
Looks Awesome. Maybe we can get something going for Jericho (Cherry Creek Area).

Mtnseeker1
02-28-2013, 09:47 AM
Yes it's about that time of year.

Mtnseeker1
03-04-2013, 09:10 PM
I'm out for The Firebirds deal Way to close to my Moab ride, But I'm thinking the very hardest shit I can find would be the Sand Hollow Worcs race bar none.
Anybody thinking about this one?
It will be a serious ass kicker I'm sure.

Hell I'm half tempted just to see if I can finish.:crazycobasa: Sure wish they would shit can the transponders for check points.
But then again how wants to stop in the sand LMAO.

This one is IgarenItolduso to kick your ass.
If they use either the west entry or east entry with 3 miles of 4 foot sand whoops even the pros are going down.

Mtnseeker1
03-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Worcs does not allow sand paddles.:hail2thechief:

Mtnseeker1
03-04-2013, 09:25 PM
I got some friends that ride like the wind but like one of them said:(I don't race anymore because I'm only half as fast as these kids are now).
He was 5 times faster than me:hail2thechief:

But every race has it's blobs like me and I've seen them.
This is one that if I can just finish and collect a finishers pin I'd be in heaven.:cool2:

But if I can pass a few it would be orgasmic.LMAO

But hey the way I see it? You only live once and why not give it a try?

OLD, Fat, Arthritic and mostly out of shape. So what's the very worst that can happen to me?
Die of a heart attack doing what I love?

fourtycal
03-05-2013, 06:27 AM
I'm out for The Firebirds deal Way to close to my Moab ride

Thats ok because now I have a trip to AZ scheduled that weekend Apr 6. I am out for the Sand Hollow race, Sporting clays tournament that weekend :ne_nau:
On the calendar is September 7th Bonneville Offroad Race in Wendover.

Mtnseeker1
03-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Ah what the hell pencil it and let's see what happens:lol8:

We do need another Cheery Creek ride soon that is for sure and certain.:ride:

Mtnseeker1
03-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Heres a shot of the young man that kicked ass at the Rhino Rally coming in over 5 min. before number 2,A local southern Utah boy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9p6KJlB3h-A#!

Hmm I remember somebody suggesting these radiator guards to me a while back.
Glad I listened to him.